With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to shut down the site

Ain't got no mojo...

Going to shut down the site

When I decided to restart the forums, it was under the assumption that I'd be doing it for a short amount of time, and once set up, I'd pass it along to others.
    Along the way, most people involved in the subbing decided to leave. Fair enough. I've also had to deal with a lot of people either bitching to me, or behind my back on about just about every decision I've made. Once again, fair enough. I'll assume that the ones who didn't tell me personally about their problems thought the problems were minor. That or they're complete cowards.

However, I've made it fairly clear that I didn't have the time to invest in this site, or the desire, and was only keeping it open because it seemed like people enjoyed it. I didn't feel like taking away something people enjoyed. The people I thought would care didn't seem to really want the site to survive. Every inch I've given, every act of kindness or grace I've shown has been abused. Now I'm no saint myself, but some of you people can be really disgusting human beings sometimes. This coming from me. After all the shit I've done, if I can look at you and say "for shame" I've either gone soft in the head, or you're really horrible.

WtW is my creation, I run it the way I want to.
    When I no longer wanted it, I should have shut it down. It was wrong of me to keep it open if I wasn't willing to work on it. I haven't really been happy with how the site was being run for a while. I should have done something sooner.

So I've decided to concede. I choose to close the site now, instead of suffer a slow death. It'll surely happen now that there's no fansubs available.

I really have nothing to lose here by closing the site. I remove a nice bit of stress, and don't need to watch something I used to love become utter shit.

This had been a good learning experience for me. I lose WtW, but I do so in a way I find satisfactory. I can only hope to die so well.
    Giving up a Digimon message board is a small consession, but when I look at the big picture, I think I still win. Every day I get out of bed and go to my great job, I win. Every time I go out and socialize in the company of my good friends, I win. I'm giving up this site of unnecessary stress and utterly pathetic drama, and I'm going to go have a wonderful freaking life.

So I say, forgive me for my idiocies, remember me for my finer points, and wherever you go, please try to act like a decent human being. That's all I ask at this point. Be rational, logical, honorable, and kind.

...Aw man, people are totally gonna call me an elitist jackass for posting this.
    Still, the Post button forgives none! Huzzah!

EDIT: Almost forgot! GoC, you're now free to verbally berate everyone who's been an asshole! I trust in your acid tongue.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Re: Going to shut down the site

WtW is more than subs Jita, the scanlation team are still wanting to work under the name WtW and are still doing so at this moment in time. People still want scans and would come here for them i'm sure of it.

If i can't get you to change your decision (believe me i'm gonna try my damn hardest to) then what is the time scale for 'close down' as there is a lot of stuff i want to get from WtW. I do want WtW to survive.

You're a misunderstood person, i don't always agree with your decisions but people don't fully know you, hell i don't fully know you! But i don't judge until i talk.

less then 2 weeks with a whole new codebase and people couldnt stay calm and just wait to see how things looked, you should all be ashamed of yourself, the entire thing had been restarted with new software, a completely new tech person, and people were running out before a week was up because it was 'taking to long'. you people are gonna have really sad lives if you cant wait a week for something and pick up and leave.

to the supermods who decided to bitch about stuff in public, shame on you guys especially, you guys had trusted positions and in less then 2 weeks had complained about shit in public that should have stayed in the staff forum for at least a reasonable amount of time.

do any of you have LIVES? it took less then a week for people to talk about shit like it would never get done, the tech monkey has a full time job he works and he still put in 20 hours over the site over the first week, so not much got done on the second week, it happens, now i remember why i stopped visiting with the will almost completely a few years ago, almost everyone decent left, and everyone who stayed or showed up are little pricks who dont know how to do anything about bitch about how the american anime companies ruin everything, how scanning and subbing takes to long, and how they feel fucking entitled to free anime, its a commercial product, you dont have right to shit, the fact that theres already a poll here with people saying they wont watch savers on tv when/if it comes to america just because theyve already seen the fansub shows just how little you guys actually care about the show and whether itll exist in the future, im not talking about everyone at wtw, those who im not will know it cause they arent goddamn fucking pricks.

the rest of you, go to hell, or gregs site, same difference, go get your fansubs and free manga, claim how you love the show and support it, and never give a fucking dime, the future of the show depends on people spending money on it, even if its not in america, you can go buy at least one goddamn japanese dvd

ive given my statement, probably just makes me an asshole, maybe ill get through to someone, i dont know, what bugs me more is im not sure i actually care anymore
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...

Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jita
    I didn't feel like taking away something people enjoyed. The people I thought would care didn't seem to really want the site to survive. Every inch I've given, every act of kindness or grace I've shown has been abused. Now I'm no saint myself, but some of you people can be really disgusting human beings sometimes.
    That's probably true, but somehow you ignore that the vast majority is very grateful that you rescued WtW. It's just that you only care about the people you thought would care. Do you really think if you made an open poll now that more than 20% would vote against WtW? And I've already taken trolls into account.
    WtW developed into a place where a lot of people enjoy staying. It's grown and you - as the single parent - should try accepting the changes. Not the bitching, but the enthusiasm of the new people here as well as the old.
    Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful life. You don't need to be harassed here, so I wish you the very best for whatever you're going to do in the future. I still think you should let WtW live, though.

Quote Originally Posted by godofchaos
    and everyone who stayed or showed up are little pricks who dont know how to do anything about bitch about how the american anime companies ruin everything, how scanning and subbing takes to long, and how they feel fucking entitled to free anime, its a commercial product, you dont have right to shit, the fact that theres already a poll here with people saying they wont watch savers on tv when/if it comes to america just because theyve already seen the fansub shows just how little you guys actually care about the show and whether itll exist in the future, im not talking about everyone at wtw, those who im not will know it cause they arent goddamn fucking pricks.
    Although that's absolutely right it's an idle point. What you complained about can be said about every fandom, not only this one. It's just a sad fact that no-one cares about keeping the show alive as long as they get it for free.
    On the other hand, I'm sure you agree that fansubs usually do a better job than the Dubs. I make it a point to support the anime I like by buying official DVDs once they get released, but I can understand why teenagers without a job are limited to watching fansubs.
    I wouldn't believe the poll's result. I'm sure everyone would watch the Dub, just because humans are born curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande
    WtW is more than subs Jita
    Exactly.

Follow DigistarDBZ On Twitter Add DigistarDBZ on Steam Add DigistarDBZ on DeviantArt Add DigistarDBZ on Google+

I'm sorry that it had to come to this. I really do understand where Marc is coming from, and that's what makes me disappointed at the majority of the users here. I mostly come here to converse, fangirl, put up my artwork and talk about what went on in the recent Savers episode. Where will I do that now, if the site is gone? It's a shame that a bunch of ignorant people clamoring for free stuff and slapping mods on the wrists for not getting it would take away all the fun from people who enjoy the board for the community and conversation.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love Digimon enough to even try to put some of my hard-to-save money in this money-grubbing world around us into buying at least something to let the powers that be know that there's at least one person who cares about the show. Fansubs are really helpful and everything, but Marc's right: we need to put our money where our mouth is and support the show by buying even something small just to show we're buying their merchandise.

digistar @ -dA- -tumblr-

I'm going digital
    Follow onkeikun On Twitter

While I sympathize with your points and slightly disagree over some, your overreaction is only going to induce more drama.

If you're stressed out over a hobby, and you don't have the patience to keep this place up or deal with the fandom anymore, then stop assing around. Lock down this thread and sticky it, or send out an administrative notice to members saying you are closing down this site. Give everyone a couple of days to make the transition (or not), and move on with your wonderful life. It's done, and you don't have to waste your time explaining yourself to people you probably won't be dealing with again, from the sound of your busy schedule.

I don't really see what your point in typing this post was, unless it was to seek assurance. Which you'll get from fans anyway. I mean, what did you expect?

I come from the net

The subs? Hell, that's the last place I ever check. Sure I'll go over to DATS every now and then to get the subs, but that's only because I started the season and I really want to finish it. But, I couldn't leave WTW. I've only been here like, what? Less than a month? And I already have an attachment to this site. I enjoy talking with the members here and I have made a few good friends. Destroying WTW, would be like killing those friends. I mean sure, we could find some other place to chat. But it wouldn't be the same. I'm sure that WTW has gone through a lot of changes, but that happens with all sites. Old members move on and in their stead come the new. You never really get used to the new guys and kinda miss the old guys.

I'm sure, yes, many came here for the free subs. I'll admit, that's why I came here too. But then, I began to talk to people around here and suddenly, I was meeting new people (and stepping on Vande's toes). Many may have come for the subs, but now with them gone, those many will leave, and the site will be left without the pricks. It'll be left with the true dwellers of WTW. The people that want to be here for the great community you built up. Right now, you have the decision. Will you shut down the community? Or will you give it a chance and see what comes of it?
    \>\______Kitsune Kensei_____________________
    [ \ \ \ \ \ \ (O)_______________________________________/
    />/

ok, first of all, people from the subbing team leaving because things were taking too long?

that is stupid, people should have some paitence and wait for a while, not just a week or two but much longer at least. I just dont think people quiting because things are taking to long is a valid excuse when its not really that long anyway

Second. I wish things didn't turn out this way for WTW I really didn't, this seems like a really great community. NO its not all about the subs or the scanlations. This place is a great place for digimon fans to come and talk about digimon along with non digimon fans to come and talk about other things and for everything to end up the way it has. I just dont like it and I really wish things didn't turn out like this ;_;

meh that is all I really have to say
    A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

SaturnStorm

If I can just say...

People will bitch. That's just people. Its like second-nature to us. Something good happens, we find something about it we can bitch about! Something bad happens and we have a field day! That's just how people are. You could be a Holy saint, or a Bhuddist, and you KNOW someone will complain anyway (atheists, most likely). That will never change. If they don't whine AT you, then yes, they're probably just adhering to human nature and searching for every little thing.

Added to that, forums collect crap. That's a given. It hasn't mattered to me, over the years, what forum I go to, they all have accumulated total crap (other words spring to mind but I'm mindful of swear-monitors). One's got, like, 30 active members and it hasn't just accumulated crap, for some stupid reason people sign up to ADVERTISE total junk. Seriously. Windows and gardens and such. Its a site for an old cartoon! The mind boggles. If you can get it in a place like that, there's no doubt you can get it in bigger places like this. Or bigger! VGF can be notorious for horrors, and for people who spout out junk just to watch people get annoyed. Some do that!

The trick with places like this, where yes, things are total stupidity, is to detach yourself from the retardedness. That's not what you're here for. If you find yourself in a general discussion ABORT MISSION!! Mods are there to deal with those crapheads (again, I'd use other words but...). You were here to watch over scanlation and fansub. Everything else is a gatherer-convenience, to get the many people in one place. How they act is NOT your concern. If they choose to hate you, so what? If they're threatening to do stupid things, then fine! Ban their arse! If people are spamming, let the mods clean that and other admins take care of the farewell gifts!

Even though the internet is a place to gather with people, sometimes you have to remember that you're looking at words, and not people -- detach yourself like the 12-18-year-old pricks that think "Hey, annoying these people should be fun!" You don't need to get that involved.

If even after this you think "... Nah. I'll still win." (in which case, lucky you, I'm still waiting for my lucky break), then fine. Just find scanlation a new home or I'm going to be quite an... quite a... well I'm not going to be a happy person.

Alternatively you could 'secret site', leaving codes and clues so good people who think "No, it can't die like that~~!!" will find it and all will be joyous.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

scanlations would have a new home at DATS it was offered on Day 1, i wanted them to stay here though and while there is a WtW they will remain here as long as Jita would permit.

yes i bitched about the forum itself at the beginning as i aint keen on SMF, but i stayed.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast