With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to shut down the site

I'm going digital

Re: Going to shut down the site

Hmm..shutting down..would suck a lot. I really love this place I do =\ Yeh, the subbing has become a bit slow, so what? This place is still great, honestly. I wouldn't like it to shut down. But if you want to do it, I guess thats up to you, moving on is the only option.

Completely digital

Quote Originally Posted by Vande
    So yes my reasons for wating the areas back asap was for supply and demand to get things back to normal asap at the time.
    I think 'getting thinks back to normal asap' would probably be *everyone's* reasons for complaining (at least to some degree) because of all the drama the site recently went through, and the people probably don't realize just how long it takes to do stuff -I know I don't, since I've never had to configure a message board.

But Jita, since the subbing team are getting impatient and some decided to move to Dats to get stuff done, why not just announce that WtW won't be doing subs anymore? Since the Dats team would be practicaly the old WtW team, the quality would be compairable, and the point behind a fansub, if I'm not mistaken, is to get episodes out to the general public in a language they can understand that would otherwise not be available to them. It shouldn't matter who does this, as it's for the public to enjoy, not a compettition between groups. And if you announce that you're stopping fansubs (as there are no translators left for that anymore, right?), that should also get rid of the annoying people who just come for the subs anyway. There's Dats. If they want the subs, they can just get them from there.

(Or just announce that WtW won't be doing Savers, in there's still a team here for Tamers.. )

Personaly, I want to watch the show. So I'll probably get the episodes from Dats if need be, but that doesn't mean I'd just leave here. Vande goes to both sites, so why can't others? Besides, I remember Greg saying that 'to have to sign up to get the episodes is stupid', so anyone would be able to enjoy the eps. without having to sign up anywhere, which is probsbly what I would do. Pretty much the same team doing them anyway.

But WtW has been around before Savers started, and has been popular Looong before the subs or scanlations where even started...

Get rid of the subs and those who complain about them will probably also leave. Or just stop complaining. Want to try that for 2 weeks before you make your final decision?

Junior Commander

Seriously. Dude. I can't BLAME you for shutting the site down. Honestly.

But, Jita, truly, if you wanted to avoid such "drama" I would think you wouldn't display more of it in your post.
    LJ: http://mugennoken.livejournal.com
    Twitter: @mugennoken

I'm going digital

*Almost balling* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! This fucking sucks on so many fucking levels!!!

Why can't you just give the site to someone else if you don't wanna deal with it? By shutting this site down you are dpressing tons of people and ruining what they do in their leisure time!!! Who gives a fuck if the subbing teams down? This site is more than that!

Please don't shut it down :'(
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts. Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their belief?"

Red shirt

Aww man, I still liked coming here. :'( I've always liked having WtW around, I wish it wouldn't come to this. & I still hold hope that it doesn't. I've been coming to WtW since it first started over 4 years ago now. It'd be shame for it to be gone for good.

I come from the net

Very sad. but like already mentioned, WTW is more than Subs. People donĀ“t come here to download them ( atleast not only ), but to talk about their favourite Series and other things aswell. WTW is a community !

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato
    For the record, this is the most fucked up forum I've ever been to.
    Oh just shut up !

Ain't got no mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by onkeikun
    While I sympathize with your points and slightly disagree over some, your overreaction is only going to induce more drama.

If you're stressed out over a hobby, and you don't have the patience to keep this place up or deal with the fandom anymore, then stop assing around. Lock down this thread and sticky it, or send out an administrative notice to members saying you are closing down this site. Give everyone a couple of days to make the transition (or not), and move on with your wonderful life. It's done, and you don't have to waste your time explaining yourself to people you probably won't be dealing with again, from the sound of your busy schedule.

I don't really see what your point in typing this post was, unless it was to seek assurance. Which you'll get from fans anyway. I mean, what did you expect?
    I pretty much expected one of two things to happen by posting what I did. Either everyone agrees with me, or a bunch of people post saying "don't do it." I thought I'd give a detailed explination instead of saying "That's all, folks." I felt it was worth explaining myself, so people can understand. It's not the hobby itself which stresses me out. I think if watching Digimon or talking about it stressed me out, I'd need some serious help. Also, medication. Lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Blade
    Seriously. Dude. I can't BLAME you for shutting the site down. Honestly.

But, Jita, truly, if you wanted to avoid such "drama" I would think you wouldn't display more of it in your post.
    Yeah, yeah. I know, but I don't think I can really avoid an outcry, or something here. And it's not like I'm trying to put myself on a cross and tell every user he's got guilt in his heart. I was refering to a select group of people. Maybe I thought I was being less melodramatic at 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortured Soul
    *Almost balling* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! This fucking sucks on so many fucking levels!!!

Why can't you just give the site to someone else if you don't wanna deal with it? By shutting this site down you are dpressing tons of people and ruining what they do in their leisure time!!! Who gives a fuck if the subbing teams down? This site is more than that!

Please don't shut it down :'(
    The problem is, I made the site. I want it to pass my seal of approval. The last time I tried handing it to other people, I wasn't satisfied. I just can't manage the site on my own. I don't have enough hours in the day.

I've really made a shitter of what was supposed to be a simple thing.

Completely digital

So you're going to close the site down now no matter what?

If that happens, and you think it's for the best, we can survive some other way. I only ask that if you *are* going to close it down that you keep up for a while first for people to back stuff up. Maybe lock the forums so people can't make new content, but so that they can at least have access to it to back stuff before WtW goes down.

I can understand not wanting to continue with something because you don't have the time or desire too. And, being the creator and founder, it's completely your choice. If that is what you've decided to do as a final thing, then so be it. Thanks for keeping the site up this long, though! :]

I'm going digital
    Follow onkeikun On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jita
    I pretty much expected one of two things to happen by posting what I did. Either everyone agrees with me, or a bunch of people post saying "don't do it." I thought I'd give a detailed explination instead of saying "That's all, folks." I felt it was worth explaining myself, so people can understand. It's not the hobby itself which stresses me out. I think if watching Digimon or talking about it stressed me out, I'd need some serious help. Also, medication. Lots of it.
    I understand you wanted to explain yourself, but what I don't get is why you decided to keep this thread open instead of locking it. It's pretty obvious what everyone's reactions would be (resignation, outrage, just all-around annoyance), and in the end, it's just a waste of bandwidth.

By hobby, I also meant your editing and keeping general order over the staff and forums up to this point. You've done a good job, and I won't oppose when you step down. Digimon itself is never a serious thing to stress about. =)

Also, if you have a problem with certain members, that's what private messaging and communication is for (from what I've read, it doesn't seem like you've done so). There will always be some actions people do that are annoying, but you take care of these things behind the scenes instead of chastising everyone in the open and making excuses. By making this public, you've basically dragged yourself and everyone else into another (quite unnecessary) melodrama.

Oh well. Thanks for putting up with all of this.

Follow gerjomarty On Twitter Add gerjomarty on Steam

It's unfortunate that the forums do have to shut, it really is. What you created here for the fans who came and talked about Digimon was something good that you should be proud of when carrying on with the rest of your life. I heard that whatever you started or was associated with your name, Jita, you had to make sure stood up to a level of quality. I guess this just wasn't it. "To thine own self be true", I suppose. Thanks for providing the platform for us all to discuss, debate and rant about all things Digimon.

So this is the last hurrah, the final nail in the coffin for the name 'With the Will' then. Well, thanks to everyone who made the sites what they were over the past year that I've posted - forum owner, super mods, subbing team, scanlating team, mods and of course, us posters. Hopefully I'll see you all around!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast