With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to shut down the site

Re: Going to shut down the site

If even after this you think "... Nah. I'll still win." (in which case, lucky you, I'm still waiting for my lucky break), then fine. Just find scanlation a new home or I'm going to be quite an... quite a... well I'm not going to be a happy person.
    What is it with people like you, WTW used to and I still thought it was more than subs and scans. its about the community and I feel sorry for anyone who feels the same way about that as I do.

I respect both the subbing team, and Vande and the Scanlations team for everything they have done for you people even me but first thing should have and should always be the community, having fun, chatting and stuff.

And for EVERYONE that said the subbing/scanlations were taking to long, ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE THE SITE HAS BEEN UP. HAVE SOME DAMN PAITENCE 2 months I might understand but 2 weeks that is just pathetic

I feel sorry for anyone who has paitence and enjoys the community here to be honest, however little or many that may be
    A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

Ain't got no mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart444
    And for EVERYONE that said the subbing/scanlations were taking to long, ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE THE SITE HAS BEEN UP. HAVE SOME DAMN PAITENCE 2 months I might understand but 2 weeks that is just pathetic
    I believe it was the team that got impatient.
    And since they are doing the work they can complain. Supply and demand, political economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelsius
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart444
    I believe it was the team that got impatient.
    And since they are doing the work they can complain. Supply and demand, political economy.
    the reason why i said everyone is because I dont know who has been complaining except the team incase there has been others. I dont belieave people should complain after 2 weeks though 1 month maybe, 2 months maybe but not 2 weeks. that is just what i think
    A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

Sorry for the double post but this is my last post on the subject completly.

I am sorry to see that things have turned out like this and I will even keep the link for this place in my bookmarks til it goes down (if it goes down)

Well, see ya guys around then ^_^

there are currently ideas floating around about what to use the url for
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Scanlation team is still working, the ones that did leave the subbing team did get impatient they wanted to get on with it for the people.

I admit i kept pressing for the scanlation team staff forum as we wanted to work.

So yes my reasons for wating the areas back asap was for supply and demand to get things back to normal asap at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande
    Scanlation team is still working, the ones that did leave the subbing team did get impatient they wanted to get on with it for the people.

I admit i kept pressing for the scanlation team staff forum as we wanted to work.

So yes my reasons for wating the areas back asap was for supply and demand to get things back to normal asap at the time.
    Sorry i know i said i wouldn't say anymore but i will here.

I do respect that Vande, I really do. I just think people could have afforded to wait a while first.

I respect everyone for the work they do, I just dont like the complaining but whatever. this is just my opinion really ^^ Sorry if I offended anyone but I was just letting all that out now ^^

SaturnStorm

Stuart: My comment on moving scanlations wasn't a "I don't care about the community I'm only here for the scans", but do you see me post anywhere? The community is important, and people are fighting for the community. I respect this place has a great community, and its good for that. But I'm a lurker. I rarely post, I rarely contribute, and I do like reading NEXT. If I generalised the statement, I would get more aggro. That was my personal opinion on the subject, not my fight for the community. In that regard as a lurker I have no right. There is little use me fighting for something I never use, like a child whining he wants a toy he will lock away in a cupboard forever. There is also little point me making judgement on it since my non-posting status gives people very little to regard my posts by. I would provide nothing fighting for the community. Not as a member of the community.

So the least I can do is want to hold scans above water, as the scanlation team work hard, and if Vande's posts are anything to go by, they want to remain where they have settled home. That, as someone who loves manga dearly, is something I will fight to keep.

Vande: I'm glad to know there will be another place I can keep an eye on if this place goes under... but lets keep our fingers crossed. ^_^

Very sad, I had no idea people were unsatisfied with this new WtW. I liked it. Oh well, gotta move on

Ain't got no mojo...

For the record, this is the most fucked up forum I've ever been to.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast