3rd Wave of US Digimon 20th V-Pets Coming Soon, 7 Colors, AU Pre-Orders Open!

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i know it'll be unlikely but I wonder if they'd be more likely to release pendulums in brick shells? To appeal to the nostalgia. It would feel a bit wrong but tbh I'd go for it i it means getting pen20s again

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically, Pendulums have a US history, just not the Vpet Pendulums.
I mean this is a thread talking about v-pets, so it's fair to say people using the word "pendulum" are referring to the v-pets, yes?

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i know it'll be unlikely but I wonder if they'd be more likely to release pendulums in brick shells? To appeal to the nostalgia. It would feel a bit wrong but tbh I'd go for it i it means getting pen20s again
I think doing this would require so much extra work(and likely impossible from a technical standpoint) that they would just release the 20th Pendulums instead!

razorozar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WHEN WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE IN THE US?

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see, so you guys have never played with a Vpet pendulum as a kid in US?

Im actually in South East Asia. We have Pendulums back then but they were much more expensive back than the normal ones, so they weren't popular. The last one I saw was nightmare soldiers and nothing after that.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Im actually in South East Asia. We have Pendulums back then but they were much more expensive back than the normal ones, so they weren't popular. The last one I saw was nightmare soldiers and nothing after that.
Nope, we only got the version 1-5 V pets and then (slightly different) versions of the Anime Digivices from then on. We never got another Digimon V-Pet until the 20th's came out last year in the US. It's sad, because actually the first ever V-Pet I owned WAS a 3.5 Nightmare Soldiers Pendulum. I wanted a V-Pet after I learned they were a thing after playing Digimon World, so my mom bought one from a hobby site selling Japanese products. They were even cheap enough at the time for us to get 2 of them so my brother got one as well. Sadly, I don't still have it. I was fortunate, however, because most people in the US just see Digimon as an anime without knowing the full history since they nipped the virtual pet part in the bud here.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nope, we only got the version 1-5 V pets and then (slightly different) versions of the Anime Digivices from then on. We never got another Digimon V-Pet until the 20th's came out last year in the US. It's sad, because actually the first ever V-Pet I owned WAS a 3.5 Nightmare Soldiers Pendulum. I wanted a V-Pet after I learned they were a thing after playing Digimon World, so my mom bought one from a hobby site selling Japanese products. They were even cheap enough at the time for us to get 2 of them so my brother got one as well. Sadly, I don't still have it. I was fortunate, however, because most people in the US just see Digimon as an anime without knowing the full history since they nipped the virtual pet part in the bud here.
It was a shame that the American version of the Digivice IC was made into another quest based Digivice toy rather than keeping the v-pet programming. I have one of the Japanese ones and it is fun. Although the Holy Digisoul plate it came with to get Kudamon and his evolution line won't work anymore, it won't register when I push it against the metal balls on the top. I have to use my fingers to get it just right to produce the right Digisoul. Is there any way to fix the plate or is it just too worn out at this point?

Chuckyd

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I reckon its unlikely we will see an english release of the pendulums, we may see a re release in Japan however.
I could be wrong and I hope I am but its more likely bandai will release the x line up next given the nostalgia of the brick case in the west. Unless bandai drop all 3 waves of the x series at once or condense it into two waves the vpet will likely experience fatigue and sales will plumet resulting in no pendulums.
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like bandai is milking each wave a little too hard at the moment and its not going to end well for them or the fans.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what the exclusive eggs will be. in the past each special egg was in two different colours. It would be strange to have seven colours with mekumon eggs. I kinda hope some are Version 20 pendulums in disguise, but I have a feeling that maybe this wave will have all the exclusive eggs distributed amongst the different colours. Maybe one for each previous exclusive eggs and two for theekumon egg.

Nomiles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Preordered the Glow from EBGames. Started seeing a few places sell out of preorders for this colour and even though it was more expensive then anywhere else I didn’t want to miss out.

JB Hi Fi are also doing preorders for $39 but there is no option to select the colour even if you go in store.