3rd Wave of US Digimon 20th V-Pets Coming Soon, 7 Colors, AU Pre-Orders Open!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

EBGames in Australia has put up listings for Series 3 20th Digimon V-Pets under the name 'Digimon - 20th Anniversary Digi Device Series V3'.

They list them at $45 AUD (a small bump over the price of prior ones in Australia) with a release date of October 2020, so not that long a wait.

Each color has a separate listing: (We added the dedscriptions, the final look of them might end up slightly different.)

Neon Red- This is a vivid red color with white trim and buttons.

White- The images almost look more like a very light gray with black trim and buttons.

Black- This is black with white trim and buttons.

Purple- A very vivid purple with black trim and buttons.

Neon Green- A transparent bright green with pinkish trim and buttons.

Orange- A tranparent orange with green trim and buttons.

Glow- White (which looks to be 'barely' transparent with green trim and buttons, which based on the name glows in the dark.

The product description is the same basic info as the Wave 1 and Wave 2 US V-Pets, but hopefully this will have the last exclusive egg (Meicoomon.)

The Japanese exclusive eggs were Anime Agumon, Anime Gabumon, Coronamon, Lunamon, and Meicoomon. The US release of Wave 1 just had Anime Agumon and Anime Gabumon. The US release of Wave 2 has Coronamon and Lunamon.

Hopefully US distribution info will show up quickly if these are actually out in October.

Our product breakdown of Wave 1 of the 20th V-Pets with scans and photos can be found here.

Wave 1 and 2 V-Pets are still available to purchase: (Affiliate links)
Wave 1:
Brick
Gray
Blue
Yellow
Wave 2:
Transparent Purple
Transparent Yellow
Transparent Green
Transparent Blue

Update- Added more images and color descriptions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The black one looks awesome I will be pre ordering that one for sure. Glad we have had heaps of v pet news over the past few weeks.

icymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks good. I think the glow one will be really popular. On a side note, I wish they gave different backgrounds for each wave.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it seems they did take user feedback well after asking Facebook what colors to use for a wave 3! Glow in the dark was very highly requested there as well as pink (I know it's purple but in my opinion it's very boarderline pink so I like to think the pink requests helped inspire it)

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww, no blue. My very first Digivice back in '99 was blue, (well turquoise, it was the Adventure Digivice and I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Joe's before Bandai America knew his crest was actually supposed to glow grey, since it looked like a pale cyan when he first got it) Anyway, ever since then, I've only ever bought blue Digivices and V-pets. No Meicoomon for me I guess. Although my fiance and I both usually get one, and he typically goes with black, so maybe I could change it up just this once and we can pull a Miki and Megumi. Would have been cool if it was all glow colors. I've seen glowing green, blue, pink and yellow plastic stars before, so they could do it.

Anyway, now that we finally get wave three, I guess next year we'll finally get an ENG Pendulum 20, wave 2 the year after that, Digital Monster in 2023, wave 2 in 2024, 3 in 2025, Pendulum Z in 2026, and wave 2 (we all know it's coming) in 2027. I really wish the international Bandai branches had gotten on this sooner. Like, a year after the Digital Monster 20th hit Japan

Last edited:

razorozar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, anyone knows whether these will be releasing in the US?

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Everybody was clamoring for a 3rd wave it seems to get that Meicoomon egg...but I'm personally disappointed. I never cared about the specific eggs for these (since I can't justify buying 5 devices just to get a couple of single evolution line eggs when the rest of each device is literally the exact same). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad English V-pets are still coming out, but I was really hoping they'd put out US Pen20th's rather than a 3rd wave of these. Especially considering how impossible it is to get a Pen20 now.

Bugmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, a few of these are very close to some of the originals. I'm definitely into the spoopy glow one, despite needing at least a bit of natural light to see the screen. I almost can't look at that purple one, but it gets points for being a toxic purple shade that make you feel as though you've been poisoned, haha.

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious whether all seven of these devices really DO contain Meicoomon. After all, Anime-Agumon, Anime-Gabumon, Coronamon, and Lunamon each received two devices of their own. Giving seven to Meicoomon seems a bit much, especially considering we're on Wave 3 of these things and just about everyone who wants one already has one. To me, it makes sense to put Meicoomon on three of these devices, and then use the remaining four to create an additional color variant for Anime-Agumon, Anime-Gabumon, Coronamon, and Lunamon each. That way, each exclusive egg receives three devices to choose from. But I suppose we won't know for sure until later.

Count me into the "I already have one of these things, I'm not buying another one for a single egg, please bring on the Pendulums" camp.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man... 7 this time. I’m seriously question if I’m gonna get x2 of each like I did with the last two waves.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I am not convinced every single one of these is going to have the Meicoomon egg. I’ll hold off on ordering until I get some confirmation on the exclusives, but I will get one with Meicoomon to continue supporting the English v-pet releases!

Nomiles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
T
To me, it makes sense to put Meicoomon on three of these devices, and then use the remaining four to create an additional color variant for Anime-Agumon, Anime-Gabumon, Coronamon, and Lunamon each. That way, each exclusive egg receives three devices to choose from. But I suppose we won't know for sure until later.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Since wave 2 were all translucent colours it stands to reason the orange and green may contain Coronamon or Lunamon. Will have to wait and see

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully this means we are finally getting Meicoomon.

icymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are the odds of them creating a English version Pendulum?

Bugmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say pretty unlikely. I was surprised we got the 20th pets at all, and that was definitely a nostalgia grab since we had the originals back in '97. The pendulums have no history here in North America, so I doubt they'd be financially viable.

Patorikku

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say pretty unlikely. I was surprised we got the 20th pets at all, and that was definitely a nostalgia grab since we had the originals back in '97. The pendulums have no history here in North America, so I doubt they'd be financially viable.
Technically, Pendulums have a US history, just not the Vpet Pendulums.