3D Models from Digimon Linkz (and by extension Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder)

jamesC

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is amazing as always. Could you post the art / backgrounds from Linkz and cyber sleuth too if you have them?

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No rush, but Meicrackmon is in Linkz now.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh look, it's Meicrackmon and she's ready to crack some Meis.

Interestingly she comes with an ameizing 1024x1024 texture (I checked the hashes for some of the other files to see if they too had been upgraded but that wasn't the case) so it's looking quite good.
Anyway, the model has been added to the main archive. (Maybe next year they'll actually get around adding the Digimon from the Cyber Sleuth updates to linkz *sigh*)

Last edited:

ariel12

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hello ? link omegamon zwart alter b all omegamon zwart defeat

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hello ? link omegamon zwart alter b all omegamon zwart defeat
That's not possible yet. I get the Models when the Digimon are added to the Digimon Linkz android game. I can't get models from any of the actual PS Vita games. tools are being developed but the results aren't that good so yeah, if he's added to linkz I'll be able to get him but probably not before that.

...and you should read the rules and make your posts more readable in the future.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

So the 1.4 update for Digimon Linkz was the first to actually add more than one new Digimon. It's still only 4 but some of them are quite interesting.

You can download the extracted contents of the Update here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/687gp0bsa0h5ru5/Linkz14Update.zip

The most important one was our mysterious (and still nameless) Wyvern Digimon.
A note about his textures: Judging from the files the wings should have some kind of flame shader or pattern (maybe even animated) when viewed in the game (you can also see a bit of it in the V-jump photo), but just from the extracted files I wasn't able to recreate this effect. The .tex file for the flames seems to have been saved in an abnormal format (maybe because of its use in an animation) and I couldn't get to the actual image. It's not too big of a missing piece though, and just to be sure I've included the unmodified raw files for the model and the texture in his folder, so maybe someone else can figure out the fire texture/shader.
The next two Digimon, Dukemon Crimson Mode and Jijimon come from Next 0rder. What is interesting about them is the resolution of their textures: While most of the Models in linkz come with 256x256 or 512x512 textures (just like resolution of the cyber sleuth textures on the vita), Jijimon has a 1024x1024 (so does the wyvern, btw) texture and Dukemon Crimson Mode comes with a whopping 2048x2048 resolution. That's usually not something you find in mobile or handheld games for a "normal" model and even the textures for the giant bosses in Cyber Sleuth didn't surpass 1024x1024 resolution.
In other words I'm pretty sure that for Dukemon CM they put in the new higher resolution texture for the soon to be released PS4 version of Next 0rder. The cyber sleuth port didn't seem to touch up the Digimons' textures too much so it's good to see that Next 0rder will also fix things in that regard. And obviously if we were to get more Digimon models from that game I'm hoping for more giant PS4 textures.
I don't have much to say about the Pandamon model, honestly.
So last, and pretty much also least we also have models for 3 Digitama. I believe they were already in the game but in this update they were actually included as "character" models. I don't know what that means, maybe you can fight eggs now, or maybe they are just restructuring things.

Also as a little bonus (and because I don't think it's relevant enough to get its own topic) I've included alternate textures for the Omegamon model that I ripped from the Digimon Tri AR smartphone app.
The app, which makes a giant 3D Omegamon appear in tokyo uses the same model that is used in linkz cyber sleuth (that's why it has the same same UV mesh), so the texture can simply be directly applied to the model I already got from linkz. The app comes with two versions of the omegamon texture, that are very similar but differ in terms of lighting. I assume it uses the different textures based on how bright it is, if it's cloudy etc, in order to make the model fit the environment. Anyway, I extracted the textures, and split it up (it was saved as a single image file in the app) so you can easily use them with the omegamon model.
Here's a comparison gallery between the normal CS texture and the 2 alternative textures from the app: http://imgur.com/a/H632a

...I plan on merging this update with the main archive once we know the name of the new Wyvern/Dragon Digimon.

Last edited:

ChakraWarrior2012

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You have done a great job here, but i have one minor complaint: there' some major size inconsistencies with the models (for example, BlackMetalGarurumon is several time bigger than his regular counterpart for instance)

Also, with your permission, is it okay if I submit some of these to vg resource (with a text file in the zip giving you all credit of course)? People deserve better than those Digimon Masters models. :)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You have done a great job here, but i have one minor complaint: there' some major size inconsistencies with the models (for example, BlackMetalGarurumon is several time bigger than his regular counterpart for instance)
Yeah, in terms of scale I wasn't really exact, I only tweaked it if it seemed off by a few orders of magnitude (getting them to the exact relatives sizes they are in-game seemed a bit finicky to be honest). Generally editing software tends to be able to chose some exact scale to use for importing and even in cases where this doesn't happen a model can be manually scaled down in a matter of seconds.

Also, with your permission, is it okay if I submit some of these to vg resource (with a text file in the zip giving you all credit of course)? People deserve better than those Digimon Masters models. :)
That would be nice. I've been thinking of submitting them there for a while but it was just always something that was way down on my priority list and tended to slip my mind... I think I made an account there as "Wizarmon", for when I ever want to upload things myself but if someone who has more experience with that site and their submission system can to take care of it... sure, I approve of that.

ChakraWarrior2012

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! I have 23 Submissions pending so far, but I have a long way to go.
Maybe I'll submit more models for Digimon not in DMO first, to have more variety of Digimon Species actually on the site.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for all these great models.
Now this may not be the right place to ask this, but I'll still try - Do you know where I could find models of digimon buildings or in general, things that are in the scenery of these newer games?

P.S. I ripped some of these buildings models from PSP digimon games, but I'm interested in newer games like Cyber sleuth and Next 0rder...

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
P.S. I ripped some of these buildings models from PSP digimon games, but I'm interested in newer games like Cyber sleuth and Next 0rder...
Have you got the Digimon models of Adventure PSP, Re:Digitize and Decode? I have to say that, while I love the models of CS, Linkz and NeØr, I prefer some of the models of the formers. For example the designs for Alphamon, Lilithmon or Ulforce V-dramon are quite more accurate in Decode imo.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have you got the Digimon models of Adventure PSP, Re:Digitize and Decode? I have to say that, while I love the models of CS, Linkz and NeØr, I prefer some of the models of the formers. For example the designs for Alphamon, Lilithmon or Ulforce V-dramon are quite more accurate in Decode imo.
I can only rip models from PSP game, not DW Re Digitize - Decode (3ds game), and I rip scenes so models are not in T-pose.
From the digimon you mentioned I've only found Lilithmon, but I'm not sure you'd like the model, because it's really low poly.

As far as I know, models from Digimon Adventure and DW re Digitize were used as a base for more quality models of Cyber Sleuth. Only thing that I didn't like in Cyber Sleuth is wizarmon/sorcerimon's GIANT eyes, and apart from that all the other digimon seemed fine.

Here's screenshot of Lilithmon in Re Digitize I can rip it for you in this pose(on the picture).

This one is Cyber Sleuth version:

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorcerimon, why aren't you able to rip from Re:Digitize Decode? I thought 3DS games were relatively easy to rip from?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I have to admit that the model of Lilithmon for Cyber Sleuth is quite neater, but anyway, I prefer the one for Re:Digitize Decode since in my opinion fits better with the whole concept of this Digimon, the Goddess of Darkness and Lust in the form of a succubus. In Cyber Sleuth it's just a hot girl with a charming outfit, which is not bad, but not at all what Lilithmon is supposed to represent.

Last edited:

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorcerimon, why aren't you able to rip from Re:Digitize Decode? I thought 3DS games were relatively easy to rip from?
Well, back in 2014. when some people finally figured out how to do it, their method of ripping required 3DS console, which I don't have. I never bothered to check it out again, since not a lot of games that were on 3DS attracted my attention.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I have to admit that the model of Lilithmon for Cyber Sleuth is quite neater, but anyway, I prefer the one for Re: Digitize Decode since in my opinion fits better with the whole concept of this Digimon, the Goddess of Darkness and Lust in the form of a succubus. In Cyber Sleuth it's just a hot girl with a charming outfit, which is not bad, but not at all what Lilithmon is supposed to represent.
Looking at the two images posted, I can't see any differences between the designs at all, much less any significant differences that would change her impression as a Goddess of Darkness/Lust into just a normal human? The proportions look pretty similar apart from -maybe- the wings being a little smaller? I'm just not seeing the complaint here. Perhaps it's the image itself and it looks different in-game?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If people want models from Re:Digitize (or more specifically "last gen" models as these have been used and reused all the way back since Another Mission) it would be better to create a separate thread for that.

Do you know where I could find models of digimon buildings or in general, things that are in the scenery of these newer games?
There exists dumps of the data that contain what you need, I can't say more than that. The model format used in cyber sleuth isn't as cleanly extractable as Linkz's unity files however, so there might be problems with things such as the alignments of normals or unconnected polygons.
I can of course get the buildings from linkz as easily as the Digimon models but I simply don't think that those particular models are worth it. Some parts of the environment have even only been modeled from one side, because of the fixed perspective on the farm.

I thought 3DS games were relatively easy to rip from?
For true extraction of 3D models things are never as easy as "platform x is completely solved". It is always a matter of the individual games, as different games use different formats. For example I could extract the Appmon: Cyber Arena models directly from the game's files because the models were stored generic CGFX files, a format also used by many of the popular nintendo titles. So of course people have been reverse engineering this particular format and there are conversion tools out there. Decode uses a different format entirely, using a generic extension (.res, short for resource I imagine) that can hide whatever proprietary compression or format, so you things are not as easy.
The extraction of static models from psp games works via dumping whatever is in the vram directly to a file, this is done at runtime so it doesn't rely on actually opening the game's formats. You get the models without rigs, and (I'm not sure if the psp in particular employs this trick) in games that use occlusion culling or other means of partial rendering things might not work out cleanly that way.

Maybe the Re:Digitize one's skin looks discolored?
That's also the only difference I see... which isn't really an issue with the model in the actual sense, a basic texture modification could probably "fix" that.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The biggest differences I can see are that, in Cyber Sleuth, her breasts are bigger and more emphasized, and her wings are softer and less tattered. So, yeah, I can definitely see how she's less demonic succubus and more generic sexy.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well thanks for responding Theigno. My search for building is starting to seem hopeless. I managed to extract models from DMO while searching for buildings, but textures and models all have different names, and it's so tiring finding right textures to go with right model.

Anyway, thanks for these great models you are sharing with us. It really means a lot to me!

P.S.
I hope you don't mind, I converted and animated some of them for Warcraft 3 modding, althought these days wc3 is pretty much dead.