3D Models from Digimon Linkz (and by extension Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder)

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice! Been a while since we've seen new models.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wohoo, theyre back to adding models that aren't just X forms!

now get to the missing models, including the ones he said, but also the megas from hackers. also the not megas from hackers. give me the entire roster plz links

altho there's 4 in particular I require

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow about time! I will get that Valkyrimon +4 to see its attack animation again and again while farming which is best ever for me!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow about time! I will get that Valkyrimon +4 to see its attack animation again and again while farming which is best ever for me!
You appear to have misread. Valkryimon is not in Links.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah it will happen for sure since that Blast Mode finally made it into this Linkz. Along with the others. Like Burst modes.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look who it is. It's the spiky spikelord, the spiked boogeyman who comes for bad children who don't eat their spikes for breakfast. It's Jesmon X-antibody.

I've really not much to say about this one because I've said most things I had to say about the new X models about the other ones already. Mesh is nice and detailed, 2x512px textures are okay but somewhat lacking.

PS: Yes, I know Encounters is out, but like rearise the files are encrypted. currently looking into some android debugging tools to help out with that. A major coding project I've been doing in my free time is about to reach completion and once it does, I will have more time to concentrate on this.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does encounters have digimon the other games doesnt? not counting blucomon and his evolutions of course

also jesmon x is way too over designed lmao

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look at all of those spikes, I'm surprised he doesn't collapse under them.

Zavier

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. Don't know what to say. It seems that the recent XA Royal Knights have a similar design theme to them. Where as the older ones weren't SPIKES INCARNATE, these ones kinda do. I mean, Jesmon X looks like he played Shadow The Hedgehog, watched a few 1000 degree knife videos, and listened to a song featuring Dante from the DMC series.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OW THE JUSTICE EDGE SWORD

Good Lord I thought the original Jesmon was overdetailed, it's like the Digimon designers are in a competition to see who can stuff as many details into one design.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa Jesmon X's body is completely different from its original form that was so skinny. It almost shares similar chest design from Craniummon X.
Its legs have nice gaps.... But the front horn is still making Jesmon X look "Jesmon"-like less. Honestly IMO he looked less skeletal

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have some new additions to Linkz and it's another part of Hacker's Memory... it's the entire Ryudamon Line.
This fits the pattern introduced by Apocalymon and Beelzemon Blast Mode where Linkz has been getting newer Digimon if they had been originally released as DLC.
Still waiting on more of the "core" roster although personally I wouldn't be surprised if we get Digimon added to the International Edition of Next 0rder first since they too where in some sense added post-release to their game.

Anyway, onto the models...

Ryudamon looks okay with the exception of his super low res eyes. They really should have allotted more space on the texture for them since of course they are a focus point of the model. (Next 0rder might have been a texture disaster on the vita in a general sense but even that game noticed the importance of eyes by storing eye textures in a separate image file that was sometimes just as large as the texture for the rest of the Digimon's body)

Ginryumon has to be the most lackluster model of the batch. And it's not just because I'm not a big fan of his design... the texture work is just very lacking, especially on his feet there are many obvious seems and blotches that I originally thought were artifacts from my AO and GI settings but actually it's all part of the color channel. Add to that the usual obvious low res parts of the texture and you get something just kind of cheap looking.

Hisyaryumon on the other hand looks much better than any of the other models texture wise... because for some reason he and he alone was graced with a gigantic 2048x2048 texture file (only on PS4 of course, linkz squished it down to 512px but when possible I always include the PS4 textures in addition to the linkz ones), for a stunning result. Throw in some tesselation and a normal map and this model could actually look somewhat current gen.

It's back to normal with a single 512px texture for Ouryumon though. I wish he could have gotten the same treatment as Hisyaryumon but even with worse textures, the mesh itself is nicely detailed.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm shocked that hey added rookie-ultimate you know, it honestly seemed like they'd forever just add a million megas

I wonder when Alphamon O will show up then lol

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm shocked that hey added rookie-ultimate you know, it honestly seemed like they'd forever just add a million megas
The reason they "only" added Ultimates is because those Ultimates either had no line (with models) to speak of or had one that was already in the game, so there was just nothing to add. Ryudamon had a complete line, so the complete line was added, there's nothing surprising about that.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like Voltobautamon will not be installed into this or Hackers. :/ I wonder if even he will be excluded in Survive as well...

Grinding Zubamon is very painful and extremely slow to land on +4.... But I will be patient to land on that favorite of mine for +4. Go Ouryumon!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason they "only" added Ultimates is because those Ultimates either had no line (with models) to speak of or had one that was already in the game, so there was just nothing to add. Ryudamon had a complete line, so the complete line was added, there's nothing surprising about that.
well I was referring to stuff like turerimon or coelamon, unimon etc. There's loads of stuff below mega they could add.

They coukd add them as a "line". Just put four random rookie-mega and have them turn into each other.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well I was referring to stuff like turerimon or coelamon, unimon etc. There's loads of stuff below mega they could add.
You seem to have missed the last 11 months in which the only Digimon pulled from console games have been DLC Digimon (potentially because they are associated to these games too a lesser extent) . That makes Coelamon, Tururiemon, etc irrelevant as they were not DLC which would go against the current MO of Linkz.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You seem to have missed the last 11 months in which the only Digimon pulled from console games have been DLC Digimon (potentially because they are associated to these games too a lesser extent) . That makes Coelamon, Tururiemon, etc irrelevant as they were not DLC which would go against the current MO of Linkz.
sistermon it is then.

And the nx

also boltboutamon

but still thdy could do something like Chuumon -> Raremon -> Dragomon -> Neptunemon rather than drop only neptunemon for example.