With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 year since the new WtW launched

1 year since the new WtW launched

'posts this a few hours early for east coasters and people in other countries and flips the theme over to the ORIGINAL wtw-x theme as default for one day (and yes, that was the original banner lol....it was only like that for one or two days before we got a new one, but lol....., felt i should mention the theme change so no one would think something happened again'

One year since the site relaunched with me and lost on staff and with the new forum software. Alot has happened since 'waves arms for flashback just prior to the relaunch' (flashbacks may not be completely in order due to memories and may involve anyone/anysite that may have had anything to do with wtw)

greg went insane and told the entire digimon community to fuck off and tried to kill wtw
    i talked to jita trying to figure out why wtw was down
    i found out what happened, offered jita space, grabbed lost to start putting up a new board, it launched as wtw-x since we didnt have access to the old url
    after less then one day we had the board up to a point where we could launch, lost really worked like a bat out of hell to do that
    people complained about the colors, we asked for some time, people went ok, 2 days later after getting all the old colors up, people complained they were to dark compared to the ones we had up a few days ago (lol)
    greg started dats
    the scanning and video groups had their little hissy fit that they werent appreciated enough (apparently rebuilding a site from scratch in 2 weeks isnt fast enough, but oh well)
    dats got hacked
    jita decided he wasnt happy running wtw anymore, gave me the site
    the ideas for the majority of the subsites/sidebars came into being, the first one, imageboard went up, subsequently came down 3 days later when lost decided he couldnt stand the software, been making his own from scratch since (and constantly stopping for other wtw projects, and yes, the imageboard is the ONE dark sidebar left)
    aaru bui went insane, closed digimon himitsu, declared digimon a show for kids only, no one listened, most himitsuers came to wtw (he forwarded the url to wtw for a time), file island transferred over to wtw, began to work on a new 'uber' file island that has restarted being worked on at least once, sakuya began to post at wtw and started a 'no no, this is really digimon himitsus fansub group, just with a new name....few listened, and she eventually joined dats'
    greg gave me money and the old withthewill.net url in exchange for attempting to get the pandas to lay off on him for awile
    me and dd had an epic fight that shattered the heavens, neither of us survived and we came back as ninja pirate zombie robot dinosaurs, goc went on to live in a nice suburb and dd became senator robert butarsky
    card terminal was officially announced without a name 'the card site' and lost began to work on the backend, he continued to work on the backend for nearly 2 months getting (and he will brag so) damn near nothing done
    wtw scans and videos opened
    me and rian spent hours figuring out the best way for the cards to be scanned and rian began the amazingly long job of scanning EVERY digimon card in (reminds self to find more staff for card terminal)
    we got peoples opinions on changing 'the megchan style' for our card site, being the first site i know of that used megchans information but actually changed the style
    wtw did it's first podcast, for any number of reasons we've only actually released 2 or 3 so far, but we have 6 recorded, just not ready to release, don't wanna be the people who release shit before it is done then have to rip it down cause its not ready, hope to have more soon
    i emailed jeff nimoy to see if he'd answer some questions from wtwers, after i sent him the first batch he showed up to let people ask him without me being an intermediary, he answered dozens of questions and gave us tons of stories in the short time that he had time to post
    new years hit, card terminal opened, and the decently planned 'relaunch' of the site back as with the will instead of wtw-x happened
    sakuya quit dats, came to wtw, started wtw games
    nimoy showed up again and asked us who WE would want cast as characters (despite saying nothing was official he was just curious), some of our choices made it, some didnt
    the flash chatroom opened, we later added an ajax entrance, but due to a glitch never publically launched it, still trying to figure out the glitch
    the first confirmation that 'something new' digimon-wise was coming to america (beyond whispers, rumors and 'this isn't official&#39 came when i got to see idaten jump be recorded, the first news we had was there was 'a new game that just had voices recorded' and that blum was falcomon, after this news began to pour in piece by piece which led up to nimoy announcing all the primary voice cast
    the idea for wtw news finally started cementing as more and more news broke at wtw, ideas that had been thrown around for months finally started to gel, the original 'final plan' was to partner news with other sites and talks were held with other 'digimon news' sites, all turned us down for varied reasons (my personal favorite being, i already do news, so why would i need your help, i dont recall which site it was, but i dont believe its around anymore)
    royal knight reviews started as a forum section, was then 'sucked into' wtw news after it launched
    a sidebar was made for the digipedia, chris mcfeelys site, which ive hosted for 5 years now, over 3 different hosting companies, and 3 different urls and hours and hours of conversations that would make peoples heads spin
    the leadup to data squad began with 4 staff members choosing some of their favorite series they thought the community would enjoy also: captain tylor, lupin the 3rd, full metal panic, and tenchi muyo.
    wtw news was launched and has been the source for the majority of digimon news since

im sure i missed alot, so feel free to add

we got lots of stuff on the backburner waiting for more staff and system resources (donate donate donate, please), ranging from scanning projects to interviews with digimons cast and crew to other suprises

it's been a good year, thanks for dealing with my lazy style of typing, and i leave you with my random thoughts on some people things that in some way or another have something to do with wtw

jeff nimoy- has been a good sport to give us information and to answer our questions considering how much digimon fans have slammed the guy
    dats- interesting that they somehow celebrated their birthday prior to the wtw-x birthday, since the site opened after, almost like the site had been setup in secret while greg yelled at everyone
    greg- you're a jackass, you honestly are lol, if you pulled your shit together dats could honestly be something special, stop doing stuff to get praise and get people to show up, and do shows you actually want to do, dats will either crash and burn at some point or you gotta get over your crap and just do it
    dats staff who show up after leaving wtw once dats opened to complain about any dats or greg comments in this- feel free to show your might by decrying this and threatning to never come back again, i was actually giving greg a tip, even if i was bitching him out.
    anyone who has left wtw for any reason, staff or not- sorry you guys left, anyone is welcome....except Joel Schumacher, Batman and Robin was just THAT bad
    lost- we all love our resident asshole, but the site honestly couldnt be done without him, thanks for all the work
    vande- you were a pain in the ass for the first week or 2 of the new site lol, glad to have you around
    seifer- seifer who?...lol, seifer, you do good work
    digistar- we all love the sprites and work you do for the themes
    rian- your ability to scan is truly amazing, every idea i had to improve the card scans you picked up within 2 seconds of hearing the idea
    all the mods and rest of the staff- keep up the good work
    aaru bui- dont know what happened roger, but good luck in whatever it is you are doing
    jita- none of us would be here if it wasnt for you
    derik- for showing me and lost just how scary coding can be when we looked thru your custom forum code for funaroboard and found that you had doodled ascii in the boards code due to boredom

(if i forgot you dont be mad, just to many people to say stuff to so i just picked a few off the top of my head)

and to all members, past, present and future

thanks, I don't plan on going anywhere, nor do i plan on letting wtw go anywhere

feel free to post any memories you guys have of wtw, during the last year since it relaunched, prior to the last year, and i invite any past staff or members, even those who left with 'bad blood' to come back even if its just to post a memory or 2 (feel free to tell anyone you know who was a past staff member or just a normal member to feel free, they are welcome)

not sure how to end this....'thinks'

lets all look forward to data squad, complaints or no complaints, we have a crew and cast who care, which means at it's worst itll be 'ok', but ill take an ok show with people who care over a great show with people who dont give a flying fuck

'looking forward to another year'

ps- over the next month lost will be going thru removing bans, we arent just purging because lots of spambots and other stuff is there, most members will be unbanned, minus the few people who just damn well wouldnt listen
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow DigistarDBZ On Twitter Add DigistarDBZ on Steam Add DigistarDBZ on DeviantArt Add DigistarDBZ on Google+

Re: 1 year since the new WtW launched

Wow, has it really been a whole year?

Thank you for the sprite and theme graphic props, I'm glad they've found great use here. I'm also glad I could help you guys out and be even a little part of what makes this board so awesome. I'd toast to not just another year, but many more years to come.

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4998.msg65275#msg65275 date=1189307127]lets all look forward to data squad, complaints or no complaints, we have a crew and cast who care, which means at it's worst itll be 'ok', but ill take an ok show with people who care over a great show with people who dont give a flying fuck
    [/quote]
    Amen.

digistar @ -dA- -tumblr-

and as is our tradition

switching the theme over to the old wtw-x theme broke the portal, so lost now has to rush to have the portal working lol
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4998.msg65275#msg65275 date=1189307127]

im sure i missed alot, so feel free to add
    [/quote]

PANDA, bitchez!

yes yes, the pandas also had a good year

and also have their own theme on the board with everything pandafied

and for a few days had their own section of the board, where the panda history was first recorded from its long oral tradition

I come from the net

Wow, what a mouthful of history and mind-numbingly bad grammar.

I was never part of the old WtW; because somebody closed off registration to the site towards the end of its days. But I did manage to find WtW-X out of sheer luck. I'm glad I found this place, and I'm glad it stayed when Jita left.

Thanks for taking over GoC; WtW is very important to many people here. I met some good ones, made some enemies, and I've had an all-around good time.

*raises shot glass* To WtW; may it live a good and long life.
    \>\______Kitsune Kensei_____________________
    [ \ \ \ \ \ \ (O)_______________________________________/
    />/

the bad punctuation is because i typed as i thought, didnt want to spend to much time thinking about what i was saying, and didnt feel like going back and editing it and maybe changing what i said

Completely digital

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4998.msg65297#msg65297 date=1189308239]
    yes yes, the pandas also had a good year

and also have their own theme on the board with everything pandafied

and for a few days had their own section of the board, where the panda history was first recorded from its long oral tradition
    [/quote]

Hey come on, are you forgetting that we drove Greg to the brink of insanity and made him reveal his true nature? If it weren't for us, this place would continue to be a hellhole under that fuckwit.

I come from the net

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4998.msg65299#msg65299 date=1189308507]
    the bad punctuation is because i typed as i thought, didnt want to spend to much time thinking about what i was saying, and didnt feel like going back and editing it and maybe changing what i said
    [/quote]

I figured as much. I'd probably go mad if I submitted something like that. XD

But it was a good and long effort to showcase the history of WtW, so it's forgiven. =P
    \>\______Kitsune Kensei_____________________
    [ \ \ \ \ \ \ (O)_______________________________________/
    />/

Completely digital

Quote Originally Posted by goc
    anyone who has left wtw for any reason, staff or not- sorry you guys left, anyone is welcome....except Joel Schumacher, Batman and Robin was just THAT bad
    LOL Buddy, go here: http://kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/

It's not exactly Batman & Robin, but it's pretty good... goes on old-school continuity though...

As for my memory:

Kris, and his work-a-Terminal tendancies... I remember Lost set a nice goal for the number of cards to be done before we launched the card terminal... I remember we worked overtime (probably mostly Kris) and got almost *twice* as many cards done! x]

Second Memory: http://cards.wtw-x.net/staff/profiles/WtW-08/

xD I'm STILL loving This!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast