With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite and Hated Pairings

Junior Commander

Re: Favourite and Hated Pairings

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24
    i once was a huge takari fan, until i read a certain takari fanfic where matt had feelings for kari & tk was an idiot who had gotten another girl pregnant, sleeps with kari, leaves, comes back & is mad at matt for getting too close to kari. it was a real good fanfic

it's called "The Love for Takeru" & is on ff.net, i'd post the link but the rating is "M".
    Not my type of story, I'm afraid. I'm not into the whole "homewrecker" type of stories, regardless of the pair. I pretty much like Takeru x Hikari fics in a way where they want out or the relationship, but can't get out and stay together and are miserable or either they get together, and don't stay together long and realize that they weren't as "destined" as others seemed to make them or either a friendship fic between the two, the last being the most preferrred.

I've only come across one fic with the two that I've liked in particular. I read it years ago, but don't remember the name. Takeru and Hikari are friends, and remain friends throughout the whole story. Hikari ends up being assaulted when walking home late from school, and she keeps it secret. Takeru notices her mood and change, and acts like a friend towards her, tries to get her to open up, etc. Hikari was so distraught, she didn't even want to share such a thing with Taichi. Now those types of stories I like.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ Jup81
    Quote Originally Posted by Rika24
    i once was a huge takari fan, until i read a certain takari fanfic where matt had feelings for kari & tk was an idiot who had gotten another girl pregnant, sleeps with kari, leaves, comes back & is mad at matt for getting too close to kari. it was a real good fanfic

it's called "The Love for Takeru" & is on ff.net, i'd post the link but the rating is "M".
    Not my type of story, I'm afraid. I'm not into the whole "homewrecker" type of stories, regardless of the pair. I pretty much like Takeru x Hikari fics in a way where they want out or the relationship, but can't get out and stay together and are miserable or either they get together, and don't stay together long and realize that they weren't as "destined" as others seemed to make them or either a friendship fic between the two, the last being the most preferrred.

I've only come across one fic with the two that I've liked in particular. I read it years ago, but don't remember the name. Takeru and Hikari are friends, and remain friends throughout the whole story. Hikari ends up being assaulted when walking home late from school, and she keeps it secret. Takeru notices her mood and change, and acts like a friend towards her, tries to get her to open up, etc. Hikari was so distraught, she didn't even want to share such a thing with Taichi. Now those types of stories I like.
    sounds like u'd like the one set in adventure then where they find out that kari has leukemia (it's a tk & kari fic just showing their bond of friendship)
    3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857
    First Starters for each generation
    Charmander | Cyndaquil | Torchic | Piplup | Tepig | Fennekin | Rowlett

Completely digital Lord Puppetmon's Avatar

Right then. Pairings I like...

Mummymon/Arukenimon - OH YOU KNEW I'D SAY THAT DIDN'T YOU. You know it. I am among the world's most RABID Mukeni fans. Rabid as in I love it with all my heart. Seriously, they are just so CUTE together. So freakin' adorable to the MAX. And it's canon! I mean, Mumm keeps SAYING that he wants to be with her and Aru is SO MUCH IN DENIAL (at the very least, she cares. No seriously, Stone Soup). And since I know that people in the production were really all for it... it's canon. And you can't convince me otherwise.

Jyou/Mimi/Koushirou - A nice refreshment from all the Taichi/Sora/Yamato I keep seeing. Can't decide between Jyoumi and Koumi? Let's just have both!! It's not canon, but it keeps me amused.

Shuu/Jun - You know, Jyou's second eldest brother? The one she fangirled after the Christmas concert? Yeah, I like that.

Wizarmon/Tailmon - What? It's cute.

One-sided Oikawa/Hiroki - He was so in love with the guy it's not even funny. Kind of ridiculously tragic, actually. But that's Yuki for ya, he's all about tragedy.

Gennai/Oikawa - ...don't look at me like that. MY FRIEND MADE ME DO IT.

Hirokazu/Ruki - I suppose I'm the only one that can see it. They'd squabble all the time but it'll keep their life interesting.

Impmon/Renamon - I just loved their relationship, s'all.

Junpei/Izumi - Their relationship was great too once Izumi stopped being a jerk to him. He really deserved to get his feelings returned.

Canon couples - I'm one of the weird people that totally don't mind the 02 epilogue. So I'm all for Yamato/Sora and Ken/Miyako. Not that I'm going to write anything about them or read about them, but I'm very cool with them. And Yamaki/Reika does make me happy.

Now, couples I DON'T like...

Taichi/Sora/Yamato and Takuya/Izumi/Kouji triangles - I just get sick and tired of them. Because that's all the fandom writes. It gets old.

Takeru/Hikari - The fans just scared me and now every mention of the pairing makes me want to hurl. Another pairing totally ruined by fans.

Yamato/Mimi - Yeah, when was the last time they talked to each other?

Incest - Simple as that. Don't like incest. The popularity of KouKou baffles me. And no, Mukeni isn't incest. Quit it.
    "Can you hear the stars' whispers? They're telling me that us being here together is destiny..."

Junior Commander

Now to revive this topic, here are my favourite and hated couples to update my list...

01/02
    Yamato x Joe - I got too interested with this underrated pairing; besides Koushiro, Joe could be paired up with a seme or in another case uke hottie Yamato.
    Taichi x Daisuke - as long as it isn't NC-17, it's a cute mentor pairing
    Joe x Iori - same as Taichi x Daisuke pairing
    Koushiro x Mimi
    Taichi x Yamato - looks quite fine to me...
    Joe x me - ....what? XP

Tamers
    Yamaki x Reika - quite obvious
    Takato x Kai - quite a fun pairing

Savers
    Yoshino x Ivan - quite an interesting funny pairing, it's the opposites attract
    Ivan x Nanami - they look cute together!
    Miki x Megumi - they are like sisters!
    Satsuma x Kurata - ummm...don't look at me! I have a taste for this twisted pairing!
    Ikuto x Chika - quite an interesting pairing when they are older!
    Nanami x Tohma

Crossover Pairing
    Ruki x Kouichi - I found one crossover fanfic some time ago and I think I found this pairing interesting

Hated Pairing
    Masaru x Kouki - please no clones for this and bad enough, they are rivals!
    Yoshino x Neon - Ugh!
    Tohma x Yoshino - I get bored of this pairing
    Yamaki x Takato x Jenrya - I saw this doujinshi before and I think I found it too creepy!
    Daisuke x Hikari - blah...
    Yamato x Jun - ...RUN AWAY!
    Any human x Digimon - ewwww!!!
    A fangirl of Kudamon, Joe Kido, Hideto Fujiemoto, Kouichi Kimura and Ruki Makino of Digimon series<br />Mitch is here, see my art at http://mitchfoxbane.deviantart.com

Junior Commander
    If you care to find me, look to the western sky! As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!

Just my two cents, but what exactly happened during the bath scene in the first season? What was the true reason as to why Jyou was afraid to take his towel off and get into the bath with the other boys?
    We can only imagine. . . .

Aaaaanway, favourite pairings? I might as well.

Adventure/02
    Angemon + Devimon -> I just think it would be cute. <3
    Taichi + Yamato -> For some reason it works. I don't know why. Oh wait, I do know why. It's because they HELD HANDS! Plus, they spent a night in a hotel room together. Misconstrue that.
    Yamato + Sora -> Yamato's bi. And Mimi's not right for him. No.
    Daisuke + Forgot her name (Jun?) -> yeah
    Takeru + Ken -> Because no one else thought of it.
    Michael + Takeru -> They snuck behind Digitamamon's restaurant and snogged. You can't tell me they didn't. Blonde on blonde is hot.

Tamers
    Beelzebumon + Leomon -> Because you can technically say that Leomon was inside of Beelzebumon. <3
    Andromon + CyberDramon -> Tee hee, they cybered.
    Jenrya + Ryou -> They both have "ry" in their name! ^o^ Jenryou! <3
    Juri + D-Raper -> That's a typo. I meant to say D-Reaper.

Frontier
    LordKnightmon + Dynasmon -> The typical male-male couple, one is uber-feminine, the other is uber-masculine. <3
    KouKou! -> According to one of my friends, "Incest is best, if you can't keep it in the pants, keep it in the family."

Hated Pairings
    Alot of them. Every one of the canon pairings and others. Yuri pairings (to an extent). And other stuff, too much to list here.

Ain't got no mojo...

I guess I might as well add my round in too:

Favourite Pairings

Adventure/02

Taichi x Sora
    Takeru x Hikari
    Ken x Miyako
    Jyou x Mimi

Tamers

Takato x Juri
    Ruki x Ryo

Hated Pairings

None that I could think of other than the yaoi/yuri type...
    "There’s a whole world out there… and I intend to go there to find the balance within myself." - from my fanfic, White Reflection.

I'm going digital

01/02
    Takari (Takeru x Hikari) - Like they could end in another way, unless one dies...
    Taichi and Sora (Adventure: Hey, why not?)
    Daiken/Kensuke (Daisuke x Ken) It wass hinted enought in the show---
    Gatomon&Wizardmon
    Mimi and Yolei

TAMERS
    Ryuki (Ruki x Ryo) - To make Rika angry...
    Renamon&Impmon, because they could be together..

FRONTIER
    Izumi&Ranamon(It could have been^^)

SAVERS
    Mercurimon&Banchou Leomon, because is funny^^

V-TAMER
    Zeromaru&Taichi

PAIRINGS I REALLY HATE

Sora and Yamato

Guilmon&Impmon

Excuse my old-school naming conventions, but I like knowing who's on top. ^^;;

Faves:
    Yamachi - That's what started this sad, sad downward spiral.
    Takari - Because it's completely undeniable. Sometimes I think people get really anti-canon for the sole reason of being anti-canon... But it jsut works sometimes, y'know?
    Kaizersuke - Because it's hawt... and scary.
    * Kenkaizer - ANGST ANGST ANGST!
    Jyouori - Yes, you read that correctly. That's Jyou/Iori. Shut up.
    Kenkazoo - Because it's hawt... and ridiculous.

Savers keeps trying to make me all Masaru/Touma-ey... I don't think I'm quite there yet, though. Annnd, I don't hate any pairing, except the incest + critter/people ones kind of make my belly hurt. =/

Random Jacq
    (Frontier means nothing to me XP)
    I'm your only friend I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend.

Junior Commander

I'll have to say:

Rika X Renamon ((their extreme closeness is the proof btw this is my no.1 fav pairing))

as for other pairings I also like:

Davis X Kairi

Veemon X Gatomon

Completely digital

meh, why not. i could go for alot of couples, but i'll just post the ones that i really like and hate here.

like:
    adventure-
    mimicheal: mimi and michael. mimi's kid looks like micheal, and it'd be hard for here to have a relationship with anyone in japan when she's in new york.

takari: tk and kari. the only one that's really stayed with me through out the first time imagined it. it just......makes sence.

kenyako: ken and yolei. the epilogue actually made alot of sence to me, even though before it i liked yolei and izzy.

tamers:
    jurato: takato and jeri. really kinda puppy love here, but the whole takato holding the rescued jeri in that one episode near the end was just cute.

ryuki: rika and ryo. maybe it's a little on sided, but hey, it works for me. they both have a softer side deep down that really could only come out around eachother.

suzako: suzie and mako. the only real thing i like about this is the age stuff. oher then that, makes no sence to me.

fronteir:
    takumi: takuya and zoe. i didn't really like fronteir period, but ythis couple was cute, especiallly the part where takuya dreams there dating. cute.

savers:
    yosaru: masaru and yoshino. 4 years differnce, big deal. my parents are 13 years apart. not much evidence to support it, but..... i was going to make a joke with masaru's 'that's what a man is!" speeches, but i feel it may be too much.

chikuto: ikuto and chika. cute couple, puppy love, i guess, and chika would be the dominant one, but everyone had to be atleast a little suspisious when chika flung ikuto into the tub already naked in the saber leomon episode.

hate:
    basically, any yaoi and yuri couple. i mean, i can tolerate it when girls like it, but guys.....ew. nothing wrong with homosexuality, not at all, but i just don't like those couples. that and any incest or human/digimon pairing i don't like. or adult and child. ick.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast