With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite and Hated Pairings

Junior Commander

Favourite and Hated Pairings

What are your favourite pairings among the Digidestineds/Tamers or digimons?

Here's mine...

01/02
    Takari (Takeru x Hikari) - angel children are beautiful nuff said
    Sorato (Sora x Yamato) - Though I don't mind Taoira, I got a little bored of the pairing and I bet you could stone me in the Digimon pairing wars
    Jyoushiro (Joe x Koushiro) - Yay! Geek Shounen-ai!
    Michael x Mimi - funnily enough, I have started to get interested with this underrated pairing...
    Kenyako (Ken x Miyako) - this pairing is very canon like Takari
    Daisuke x Wallace - they look cute together!
    Yamakeru (Yamato x Takeru) - as long as it isn't NC-17, I find this pairing sweet
    Daiken/Kensuke (Daisuke x Ken) - I like this jogress pairing
    Kenato (Yamato x Ken) - two loners have in common with each other

TAMERS
    Ryuki (Ruki x Ryo) - Digimon King and Digimon Queen may look cute together, I also like seeing Ryo teasing her
    Hirota (Hirokazu x Kenta) - all hail to the gay lovable losers!
    Leekato (Jenrya x Takato)
    Juri x Ruki - this underrated yuri pairing interests me...

FRONTIER
    Koukou (Kouji x Kouichi) - Yay! Brotherly twin love!
    Junpei x Izumi

SAVERS
    Masaru x Tohma

V-TAMER
    Hideto x Rei - this is very obvious...
    Neo Saiba x Hideto - when I was reading the V-Tamer manga about some *scenes* of Hideto and Neo, I had a naughty thought that Neo may be playing bondage on this poor Hideto...This reminds me of some Kaizersuke fanfics...

DIGIMONS (as long as they aren't yiffy, it's fine)
    Tailmon x Patamon
    Wizardmon x Tailmon
    Renamon x Impmon - if it's Renamon with Beelzemon, I would have liked it more.

PAIRINGS I REALLY HATE
    Mimato (Mimi x Yamato) - Oh please! There is no such evidence on this pairing!
    Takeru x Iori - *shudder*
    Daikeru (Daisuke x Takeru) - Rivals don't mix
    Rukato - I am getting tired of this overrated couple, Jurato (Juri x Takato) is enough!
    Jenruki (Jenrya x Ruki) - boring...
    Guilmon x Renamon - oh please...

-------
    How about your favourite and hated pairings?
    A fangirl of Kudamon, Joe Kido, Hideto Fujiemoto, Kouichi Kimura and Ruki Makino of Digimon series<br />Mitch is here, see my art at http://mitchfoxbane.deviantart.com

Red shirt

Re: Favourite and Hated Pairings

Just so you know, in some cases I like alternate pairings with the same character.

The likes:

TK x Kari - how can you not like them?
    Kari x Ken - I always liked the scenes they shared together.
    Takato x Jeri - very cute couple, however...
    Takato x Rika - is also cute. I believe this couple is more balanced than the above, where Jeri would probaby be better with a slightly more confident guy like Henry or Ryo.
    Yoshino x Satsuma - she's really small, and he's really big, but I'm really dirty so I can picture it.
    Tohma x Chika - it's not so bad, really. He's 14 she's about 10... in my world that's alright. I'm sure Sayuri wouldn't mind her daughter being with a slightly older rich guy.

The like nots:

Any yaoi couple, except Koji x Koichi... incest isn't beyond me. ^^;
    Sora x Matt - emo couple =O
    Ken x Yolei - Yolei is too out there for Ken... he should be with someone more on his level like Kari. Yolei is better with someone like Willis
    Yoshino x Tohma - between the two of them they'd create the ultimate child of boredom

I'm a Maniac

Favorite pairings:

Adventure/02:
    Matt + Sora
    Mimi + Micheal
    Yolei + Ken

Tamers:
    Takato + Jeri
    Rika + Ryo

Frontier:
    Takuya + Zoƫ
    Member of the following With The Will Fanclubs:

Dragon Ball Fanclub
    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Fanclub
    Dramon Fanclub

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt

adventure -
    takeru x hikari
    mimi x taichi
    izzy x mimi

adventure 02 -
    hikari x yamato
    mimi x taichi
    izzy x mimi
    hikari x ken

tamers -
    takato x ruki
    takato x juri
    jenrya x ruki

frontier -
    takuya x izumi

savers -
    masaru x yoshino
    ikuto x chika
    touma x chika

hated couples:

adventure -
    joe x mimi
    sora x yamato
    mimi x yamato
    taichi x sora

adventure 02 -
    joe x mimi
    sora x yamato
    mimi x yamato
    takeru x hikari
    taichi x sora

tamers -
    ruki x ryo

frontier -
    kouji x izumi
    kouichi x izumi

savers -
    touma x yoshino

It's KakaGai Week Everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857

Follow DigistarDBZ On Twitter Add DigistarDBZ on Steam Add DigistarDBZ on DeviantArt Add DigistarDBZ on Google+

Oy, this is going to be a bit long. I have no major personal preferences, as Digimon's a very pairing-mad fandom, but some I prefer more or less than others. This is my list and my reasons why. Most of the time the reasons are coherent, but others are a little less so and more of an "I like it so there" sort of deal.

[size=8pt]==
    Love It
    ==
    (Adventure)
    YamaSora/Sorato - I mostly got into this pairing because I was so sick of Taiora and Taito. Funny thing that it became a canon romance, wasn't it?

JouKou/Joushirou - This was a cute couple that an old friend of mine was crazy for. And you can't go wrong when he "loves Izzy's theories". XD

JouMimi - This pairing was so cute: the nerd and the princess concept worked so well, and they had a very definate chemisty. I also like KouMimi (which was originally going to be canon until the writers slapped together the epilouge at the 11th hour), but not quite as much as this particular couple. :3

(02)
    Iori/Hospital Girl from Episode 41 - I'm one of those who thought "that's Iori's wife in the epilouge" for whatever reason. But I don't think she's terminally ill or crippled; if any of you have been in the hospital before, you've probably been pushed around in wheelchairs yourself. I gave her the name Satomi.

Jou/Classmate from Movie 4 - Same as above. This one's a little more plausible however, as they're much older and closer to the Age of Consent in Japan, if not already there. I gave her the name Misaki.

(Tamers)
    TakaJuri - This pairing is so cute and so innocent, Takato's crush on her is very obvious to anyone and his admitting to her (or at least her doppelganger as the case was) that he liked her was so mature and brave of him.

RyoRuki - Ruki doesn't like Ryou at all, but that's only because she sees him as a stuck-up rival. But after she gets to know him, she keeps up the act because she's afraid of experiencing feelings that *girls* feel-- not the tough-as-nails Digimon Queen. Only time would tell if these two ended up being a classic "Opposites attract" couple.

RenaImp/BeelSaku - They come from very similar situations, but Renamon wanted to become stronger through a human Tamer and discovered there's so much more, while Impmon continued to believe that humans were worthless and cruel because of his unfortunate situation. Yet even when everyone else hated him for what he did to Leomon, Renamon continued to believe that Impmon was still a good Digimon and that's one of the things that helped to cause his dramatic turnaround. Reconciling with his Tamers was one thing, but he probably would've let himself be deleted to the elements first if Renamon wasn't there to still believe there was good in him.

(Frontier)
    Junpei/Izumi - It might start off as a crush on a cute girl, but Junpei's feelings for her genuinely evolved into something deeper and stronger than a simple crush. I'm sure Izumi will realize this eventually and see that there's a lot more to Junpei than just magic tricks- if she hasn't already.

(Savers)
    IkuChika - Next gen TakeHika, anyone? Hopefully the fans that are bound to follow once the dub arrives on the scene won't sour this cute pairing to the point of dislike. >.>

Tohma/Chika - Episode 7 converted me. They're actually not too far off in age, so give this a few years and it's perfectly plausible.

==
    Hate It
    ==
    TaSora/Taiora - I was so sick of Taichi/Sora during the Pairing Wars I could cry just thinking about it. Most of the fans of that pairing were blithering idiots. That's not to say seeing Taichi and Sora in the same room makes me sick too, however- I'm a fan of them being friends. And I've actually met some Taiora fans that are quite civilized and talented.

TaYama/Taito - Exact same situation, except it was _yaoi_ fans who were blithering idiots. People like Splash who are Taito fans are fun to be around and are quite nice, so it's like Taiora in the fact that there are actually good fans out there.

YamaMimi/Mimato - I don't _hate_ it, but I just don't see any chemistry for it in the series. Heck, you were lucky to even see those two in the same frame together.

TakaRuki/Rukato - There's evidence for it, but I see TakaJuri more than this. So it joins Mimato in the "Don't loathe it, but I don't see it" club.

KouKou - I'm not really into incest, thanks. I respect those who do however, because they're entitled to their opinion.

==
    Case-by-Case, Love-it-or-hate-it; "Guilty Pleasure" Pairings:
    ==
    Hero/Rival Pairings - Daiken, Jenkato, Takouji, Tomato as examples; I'm not really into those as much as some people. Jenkato's all right because Jen's such a nice seme and Takato's as uke as they come, and Splash made me respect Tomato pretty well with all the fun she's had with it. But the whole concept's not my bag of chips.

TakeHika/Takari - This pairing is so sweet and innocent, and I'm disappointed they didn't get together in the end, but I'm pretty sure there was a in-canon reason for it in between those 25 years. (Besides the whole official "pick some pairings and throw those in" that's there) The only thing I really don't like about it is some of the fans. They're mad. o_o

Piemon/Vamdemon - This one's been a personal favorite and guilty pleasure for...well.. pretty much ever since I entered the fandom, mostly. Vamdemon's a big, mean seme with everyone except Piemon, and I'd like to think I have good reason for this idea. Admittedly, some of my more emberassing and just plain ridiculous works came from this pairing, and one of these days, I'd like to try something involving those two again with my more mature, realistic outlook of today.

Just about anyone/Beelzebumon - Anyone who's been to the DaD knows I have a crazy fangirling for Beelzebumon-uke things. >.> I mostly go for Dukemon/Beelzebumon, but I've come up with some crazier one-shot things. (Cyberdramon/Beelzebumon, anyone? o_o)

Satsuma/Masaru (SatsuMasaSatsu?) - I&#39;m not into the whole cradlerobbing statutory rapist thing that a lot of Masaru-uke fans in Japan are into, but if it&#39;s as a twistedly hilarious gag pairing with Masaru having a raging oyacon (<-guilty Satsuma-uke fan) or there&#39;s a sort of "allure of a forbidden relationship" that&#39;s mutual, I&#39;d be more inclined to it. Same goes for Satsuma/Tohma and Satsuma/Yoshino, while we&#39;re on the topic.

Suguru/Satsuma - Yeah, I know the whole "he&#39;s happily married!" thing, but it so reeks of "Brokeback Mountain" in the case of a forbidden relationship they know they can&#39;t have. I love Sayuri dearly and I&#39;m pretty sure she knows that it&#39;s hard for him to have both a true love in her and a forbidden love in the captain. She&#39;s just that kind of girl.[/size]

digistar @ -dA- -tumblr-

Ain't got no mojo...

Ummmm... wow, lemme think back to when I was 12 here. Lollerskates.

I&#39;m using the English names for some of &#39;em, as I&#39;m bad with remembering Japanese names. Sorry. I&#39;m just a casual fan. D=

Love It

Sora/Matt - Same reasons that Digistar stated.

Takato/Jeri - I dunno, it&#39;s so cute. =3

Junpei/Izumi - He&#39;s such a sweetie towards her from what I&#39;ve seen.

Davis/Kari - As Digistar knows, I&#39;m a total sap for the one-sided &#39;hopeless romantic&#39; pairings.

Arachnemon/Mummymon - Same thing here.

Dislike It (&#39;cuz hate is such a strong word)
    Tai/Sora, Matt/Tai and Matt/Mimi - Same reasons Digistar stated.

T.K./Kari - &#39;K, not so much when they&#39;re older, but it&#39;s the people who write them at 8 years old and have them act as if they know everything about relationships and love. Bleah!

Yeah, I&#39;ve kinda distanced myself from shipping Digimon (I&#39;m a casual fan, after all), but I used to *REALLY* be into it back in the day.

Ain't got no mojo...

This is my list here.

Favorite Adventure/02 pairings (humans only):
    Davis/Mimi &amp; Davis/Sora (favorite pairings overall)
    Mimi/Kari
    Catherine/Kari
    Yuri/Yolei
    T.K./Catherine
    Michael/Mimi
    June/Sora
    June/Davis

Favorite Tamers pairings (humans only):
    Nami Asaji/Takato
    Riley/Ryo
    Kazu/Rika

Favorite Frontier pairings (humans only):
    Chiaki/Zoe
    Tommy/Zoe
    Takuya/Koji
    Takuya/Zoe
    J.P./Zoe

Favorite Savers pairings (humans only):
    Masaru/Ikuto
    Tohma/Chika
    Yoshino/Satsuma
    Tohma/Masaru
    Yoshino/Ikuto
    Tohma/Sayuri (Thanks for making me like it, Infinity Blade :P)

Favorite Crossbreeding pairings:
    Kari/Angewomon
    Davis/Angewomon
    Takuya/Kazemon
    Zoe/Kazemon
    Mimi/Angewomon
    Biyomon (Adventure)/Sora
    Lilamon/Yoshino
    Mimi/Lillymon
    Biyomon (Savers)/Chika
    Agunimon/Zoe
    Davis/Lillymon
    Satsuma/Kudamon
    Patamon/T.K.
    Ranamon/Zoe
    Mercurymon/Takuya
    Falcomon/Masaru
    Rosa/Wormmon
    Tentomon/Mimi
    Tentomon/Izzy
    MetalKabuterimon/Tommy

My least-favorite pairings:
    Matt/Mimi
    Joe/Izzy
    Koji/Koichi
    Tai/Matt
    Koji/Zoe
    Everyone is an artist. Everyone is a writer. Everyone has the talent, so never give up.

My Digimon forum: http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Digital_Terminal/

Junior Commander

My favorites:

Kouji/Izumi

Ruki/Takato

Koushiro/Mimi

Ikuto/Chika

Taichi/Sora (I could go for a Sor/Yamato if I had to)

Miyako/Ken

Hikari/Takeru

Hated couples:

Taichi/Yamato

Daiske/Ken

Daiske/Takeru

Ryo/Ruki

Junior Commander

*Cracks knuckles* lol This list consists of those I liked over the years. The main pairing I still do like, and will admit to being a true shipper of, is Koumi.

Digimon Adventure/02/Tamers (Favorites/Ones I don&#39;t mind)
    Taichi x Sora
    Yamato x Sora

Koushirou x Mimi (Ultimate fav pairing in general; I like this pair so much, I have a doujinshi based on it...now if I was only fluent in Japanese so I could read it lol)
    Jou x Mimi (Pretty much the only Jou pair I do like)
    Michael x Mimi
    Yamato x Mimi (One-sided; I like Yamato > Mimi)

Koushirou x Miyako (My favorite Miyako pairing)
    Ken x Miyako (I just find it incredibly cute)
    Iori x Miyako (I like it one-sided; Iori with a crush on Miyako)

Daisuke x Hikari
    Koushirou x Hikari (I like this pairing angsty and one-sided; Hikari > Koushirou)
    Takeru x Hikari (I kinda like this pairing angsty)
    Ken x Hikari (I like this pairing one-sided; Hikari > Ken)

Takeru x Ken (I like this angsty and sometimes one-sided [makes a more interesting read imo]; Takeru > Ken; also my fav yaoi pairing)
    Takeru x Daisuke (I like this angsty and one-sided too for some reason; Takeru > Daisuke)
    Takeru x Koushirou (Same as above lol; Takeru > Koushirou)
    Takeru x Taichi (Same as above lol; Takeru > Taichi)
    Takeru x Yamato (One-sided; Takeru > Yamato in a nice, AU type situation where they are only related through marriage, not blood ^^)

Yamato x Jun (In an ironic sense where it&#39;s Yamato > Jun)
    Yamato x Chizuru

Iori x Wheelchair girl (Jen she was called by the fandom; yep, used to be a shipper of this too lol)

Jenrya x Ruki (Favorite for Tamers)
    Ryou x Ruki
    Hirokazu x Ruki (I like it one-sided; Hirokazu > Ruki)

Pairings I don&#39;t care for/don&#39;t like
    Jou x Koushirou
    Jou x Iori
    Koushirou x Iori
    Any of the one-sided pairings I like where it&#39;s mutual on both sides
    Any human character x Digimon...&#39;cept Hawkmon x Miyako where it&#39;s one-sided and it&#39;s Hawkmon > Miyako. lol

That&#39;s about all I can think of. Other pairings I never really thought much of....&#39;cept I&#39;m warming up to Ikuto x Chika for Savers and I like the idea of Touma having a crush on Sayuri (in other words, nice, angsty, one-sided stuff, but I know it&#39;s not going to be that way since Touma obviously sees her as a mother figure). ^^;;;

I'm going digital

Matt/Sora(I like them in 01, but not in 02...don&#39;t ask why cause i don&#39;t know my self)
    Izzy/Mimi

02:
    Tai/Sora(Like them in 02, not in 01.)
    Izzy/Mimi
    T.k./Kari
    Yolie/Ken(even tho i don&#39;t really like Ken.)

Tamers:
    Takato/Rika
    Henry/Rika
    Kenta/Rika(I think it&#39;d be cute )

Frontier:
    Takuya/Izumi
    Kouichi/Izumi

Savers:
    Yoshino/Masaru
    Yoshino/Touma
    Ikuto/Chika

Dislikes