New Pixar Movie in theaters (on June 29th), which means first a new short.

Lifted

The short is called Lifted. It involves the alien equivalent of a DMV test. That is all I will say about the plot of it. It's funny in the same surreal way that Luxo Jr. and For the Birds was. A great start to a night at the movies that really makes you wonder why more films nowadays don't have a little short before them. The animation and sound is exactly what you expect from Pixar, perfection.

Ratatouille

Movie- Ratatouille is the story of a rat named Remy. I won't go to deep into the story, but Remy is a food gourmet. The plot eventually takes him to what used to be one of the most popular fine restaurants in Paris. Like most Pixar movies it has an immensly deep story that you might not expect for a 'kids' movie. I can't say much because theres a few unexpected twists and turns in the story.

Voices- As always, Pixar movies are voiced beautifully. Patton Oswalt does a great job as Remy. I won't go into most of the cast, but they are just as good. As always, try and spot Ratzenberger. And Peter O'Toole is great for the few lines he has.

Video- It's a Pixar movie. If I have to say more then that then you haven't seen any of their movies. The one thing I will say, the movie has some of the most dynamic camerawork and motion of any Pixar movie ever, pay attention to the camerawork when Remy is climbing out of the sewer.

Audio- Sound effects are rich and appropriate to what is going on. The music always enhances a scene and never fully takes over.

Short review, but I'm not sure a Pixar movie really needs one. It's the sort of movie you can watch as a little kid, you can watch as a teenager, you can watch as an adult, and I'm sure 30, 40, 50 years from now I'll say the same as an old man.

Video- 10 out of 10
Audio- 10 out of 10
Movie- 10 out of 10

Need I say more?