With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: A theory about future events (spoilers)

I'm going digital

A theory about future events (spoilers)

I was thinking about the info we got earlier in the week, and then some of the supposed information we'd heard about the appearance of the Ultimates/Megas. The following thoughts then came to mind.

One of the spoilers for episode 26 says that the group has their memories erased, thus indicating they have to get them back somehow. And some of the supposed information about episodes beyond indicated that there would be a fight between ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon. Naturally, everyone was immediately confused, since Touma and Masaru have become steady friends and would have no reason to fight one another.

But... what if it tied into the memory loss? What if it lasted for several episodes, instead of being resolved in the space of one? Perhaps, the memory erased Touma is taken in by the individuals who take control of DATS, and use him and Gaomon (who would be similarly manipulated) and direct them to oppose Masaru, which is what would lead both of them to fight one another.

There are some holes in this theory - one, it assumes the info we got was even true to begin with, and two, there's the problem of them both being able to achieve Ultimate evolution and recieving the Digivice Burst if they're on opposing sides. But still, I think the idea has some merit.

Thoughts?

Junior Commander

Re: A theory about future events (spoilers)

Possibly the other way round. Remember, Rize is the overpowered one, so it's a bigger threat if Hashiba has control of him and Masaru (plus it gives them an easier shot at erasing Sayuri and Chika's memories)

I'm going digital

I doubt that, since episode 26 seems to focus on Masaru, and I doubt they'd turn their main character into a quasi-villain.

And it wouldn't exactly be difficult for Hashiba - The Daimon address is known, and besides, its not like its a well fortified base. It'd be easy to get to them.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

remember the dogtags - bets they have something to do with the revival of memories

I come from the net

Having MasaruĀ“s Dog tag that big on one card might really mean something.

I still wonder what roles will be played after erasing the memories.

Follow gerjomarty On Twitter Add gerjomarty on Steam

It's possible that Kurata or Hashiba have the technology to trasnfer enough power to MachGaogamon to enable him to evolve to MirageGaogamon, which would make it possible for an Ultimate clash. However, I have a feeling that the digimon will be seperate from this and will not have their memories erased, because what chance do DATS have if absolutely no-body remembers about it. For MirageGaogamon to fight, his memories would have had to have been erased aswell, unless he is acting much the same way as Gabumon was when Matt asked him to evolve and attack WarGreymon.

It's an interesting theory though, and still completely in the realm of possibility.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

I wonder of the Digimon will be returned to the Digital World as well - would be darn intersting to see if Mercurimon would help them to get back to their human partners.....

Junior Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Vande
    I wonder of the Digimon will be returned to the Digital World as well - would be darn intersting to see if Mercurimon would help them to get back to their human partners.....
    That would be interesting, because if that were the case, Mercurimon would have to side with Satsuma and his team in order to achieve peace in the Digital world. Or he could wipe out all man-kind, but I think he wouldn't do that.

I come from the net

yes, MercurimonĀ“s goal seems to be to keep humans out of the Digtal World and vice versa. Otherwise he would have already invaded the real world.

Ain't got no mojo...

I hate speculation talk like this. It gets me so excited but then I remember I don't understand a lick of Japanese and gawd it gets me frustrated. But damn, sounds really interesting.