With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kizuna in US Theaters in March Subbed & New TV Series Accidentally Announced Early?

I'm a Maniac
    Hoping for a chronicle inspired anime.

For me personally, I'm only interested in watching Kizuna in theaters BECAUSE it is subtitled. I know I'm probably in the minority there though. I'm fine with dub terminology and everything, but the dubs themselves do not appeal to me.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    For me personally, I'm only interested in watching Kizuna in theaters BECAUSE it is subtitled. I know I'm probably in the minority there though. I'm fine with dub terminology and everything, but the dubs themselves do not appeal to me.
    That’s totally fine if you don’t find the dub appealing. In fact I’m glad Toei USA is offering an option to watch the subs first. And that’s coming from me who liked the dubs despite their problems (tri at least knew to be faithful at times because of the target audience being older teens and adults than children). Though I think the subs will use dub terminology for those that grew up with the dub than the original ones we hear in the Japanese dialogue.

I remember when tri Future was in theatres for the dub, they kept the Butter-Fly Cast rendition intact and have us hear the original names instead of the dub voices (“Agumon!” “Taichi!” “Piyomon!” “Sora!” Gabumon!” Yamato!” Tentomon!” Koushiro-san!” “Palmon!” “Mimi!” “Gomamon!” “Jou!” “Patamon!” “Takeru!” “Tailmon!” “Hikari!” “Mei-chan!” “Mei!”). Though it did throw some dub fans off guard hearing those roll call, it gave us an insight that Toei USA has now see the appeal of the original version in America alongside the dub (especially when providing the Japanese version in the Blu-ray/DVD release of the tri films). That and Butter-Fly looks to be played outside of Japan with the promotion of the film.

I’m certainly gonna watch the sub to help support the appeal for that option, plus I just wanted to see how it ends immediately no matter what language it provides. And when the dub comes around hopefully there are both options (sub or dub) to pick from (like how most anime films have those options nowadays).
    Last edited by Kureisan28; 01-13-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Exciting news! I wouldn't be too surprised if it's an Appmon dub announcement but I do find it unlikely as it's more of a spin-off than a Digimon property, much like how Digimon is to Tamagotchi. My two theories are a proper and complete dub of Xros Wars since it was never completed, or a new series entirely that could be co-produced by Toei and whatever American company that's bringing Digimon to the West currently in order to produce Japanese and English versions to air in unison for their respected regions. If it is the latter I would love to see either a return to Tamers, an anime based around Ryo, or an entirely new concept that incorporates references to previous seasons, LGBTQ representation, and a VR tie-in game.

I come from the net
    I think I actually grew worried even more about Digimon's anime season. I have seen the most current children's anime TV shows and they relied on so much CGs everywhere. I pray for this to succeed somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I think I actually grew worried even more about Digimon's anime season. I have seen the most current children's anime TV shows and they relied on so much CGs everywhere. I pray for this to succeed somehow.
    As long as it's not like X-Evolution CGI bad we're fine. Every Digimon series has used CGI, some better than others, but traditional style is the best way to go. it's just a much more aesthetically pleasing medium than CGI.

I come from the net
    Only MetalGarurumon in X evo model and Omegamon's front face were very inaccurate. X Evo movie didn't have clumsy flowing animation which I'm totally cool with it.

Yeah Evolution transformation clips used CG but when it comes to the fight scenes and final forms reached, they had to animate this CG models for ENTIRE EPISODES for most children's TV series unlike Digimon series Zeus Thrist!

That is why it worries me in this current anime era where it has to rely on CGs for decent anime series and other few anime series with movie quality like... Having 10 "decent" anime series for any genres tend to animate with CGs and 3 or less ones with extreme good movie quality with no CG like Kimetsu No Yaiba or Fate Stay almost every seasons from Spring to Winter. You know, it pains me to watch certain shows if they happened to be my favorite mangas that brought out CG in front of me.... But this is new Digimon series so I will watch anyways. Yugioh spirit has died in me after watched a certain trailer of new Yugioh anime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123