With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kizuna in US Theaters in March Subbed & New TV Series Accidentally Announced Early?

Kizuna in US Theaters in March Subbed & New TV Series Accidentally Announced Early?

This is a fun one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The wait to see Kizuna in the US will be pretty short.

Toei has announced that Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna will be in US theaters on March 25th!

Done via Fathom for one night, Kizuna will be screened on March 25th at 7pm in Japanese with English subtitles.

Tickets go on sale February 7th.

Also they list a couple extras for the screenings...

It will include 15 minutes of extras including interviews with the creators of Kizuna (Director Tomohisa Taguchi and Chief Animation Director Seiji Tatsukawa are specifically listed)...

and it also lists a trailer for a new Digimon TV series... which hasn't been announced yet...

No further detail on the new TV series, but it looks like it's gonna be a good year for Digimon fans (and if we are already getting a trailer, it does make you wonder how quickly the show will be coming.)

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21, 2020 in Japan.

A month wait to see it in US theaters isn't bad at all. The total Fathom runtime shows as 1 hour and 45 minutes.

No news on a dub of Kizuna for now but hopefully it won't be a long wait.

It's possible the new TV show will be announced in the upcoming Digimon livestream, so we will see.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow KiriGuy On Twitter
    Hoping for a UK release too really soon, at this point I doubt there’ll be an online release and I really don’t want to wait that much longer for it.

New TV series sounds hype though maybe that was the shocking news we were gonna get at the end of the month, Have to wait and see.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Considering it's an American event it could just be an appmon dub

hoping a kizuna dub comes soon.

I’m not really familiar with Fathom Events, do they air at several theaters or do they have their own chain? If they offer something close to me I will totally try to go!

I’m excited by the prospect of a new Digimon anime too. I might be more excited about Digimon games nowadays, but it has been a while since Appmon and I’m raring for another Digimon show at this point!

I guess the most interesting news comes from the blandest images.
    I haven't really been considering the possibility of a sudden new Anime but I'm actually quite optimistic about it. They have been experimenting a lot with Different formats with tri and Kizuna and I'm kinda wondering if maybe for the next TV Anime they might go with something else than a year long series. Maybe something like 26 episodes with a more focused plot would be nice.

Also the Screenign being subbed... could just be them not wanting the super impatient fans left behind while they are working on the dub... or maybe they are looking to see how much people they can pull without much dub nostalgia which would put me in higher hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Considering it's an American event it could just be an appmon dub
    I think a Kizuna screening, especially if it's subbed would attract basically no one from Appmon's target audience, so that wouldn't be much of a logical movie. If it's only a quick trailer they might put it on "just because" but it would still be a weird choice.
    Last edited by Theigno; 01-08-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... Gaomon Women's Avatar
    This sounds very intresting.
    Could Kizuna be the prequel of that TV Series? I guess... ?
    Omg can't wait.
    Never forget...

I come from the net
    That would be great to have a new series. ...I might be OK if we get an Appmon dub but hey, let's see how big this announcement is.

Trying not to get too excited in the case it really is just an Appmon dub announcement.

I have a few different hopes for the next series, but I’ll just be patient to see if we really are getting one this year.

Wow, nice. Trying not to get my hopes up either...

*internally yelling for joy*

Anyone know if an Australian release is likely?
    Last edited by Spongebond; 01-09-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast