With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siliconera Interviews Habu about Survive

Siliconera Interviews Habu about Survive

Another interview!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Gaming website Siliconera has posted a new interview with Digimon games producer Kazumasa Habu, this time about Digimon Survive.

You can read the full interview there, and sometime in the future we'll add it here to archive it.

The interview focuses on Digimon Survive. The early chunks of the interview goes over elements of Survive we already knew, but in a bit more detail, and we also get some new background details of the game as the interview goes on. (Along with one or two bits, including an important one, that suggest Habu is remembering conversations he's had with Kakudou rather than Adventure itself.)

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
    Digimon Survive for PS4
    Digimon Survive for Switch
    Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    Cool! That was interesting information to learn. I thought the part about musical inspiration was cool.
    My Royal Knights stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922349/...Shining-Armour
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10931005/1/Holy-War

Holy War Chapter 46 is posted.
    In it, the Royal Knights' war against the Seven Great Demon Lords is now in full swing.

My Story blog:
    http://adragoninshiningarmour.tumblr.com/

That interview was very interesting i always wonder why the background for digimon was different in some series i just thought it was just because for the story but it's because some of the creators have a different interpretation of what a Digimon is very deep imo can't wait to see what Survive will add to the table for Digimon lore i do hope we get dlc for the game.

I also love how Labramon and Falcomon have a meaning for why they were picked reflecting their partners personalities I'm curious how Kunemon reflects his partners personalities since unlike pretty much everyone they don't seem to have a nice start.

Overall I'm more interested in the game and can't wait to see the full roster i just hope a few fan favorites will be in the game.

I come from the net
    Character DEATHS! And Digimon evolution routes reflect to their human partners' growth in character development! But I wonder if "neutral side" exists in the choice option of dialogue for and involved in evo routes or not? Karma points are interesting for manipulating it to evolve. Surprised humans will adjust their personalities or mindsets depending on their adventures to advance.

I wonder if Digimon being misunderstood as "youkai" because of this settings, does it mean there'll be Archnemon and Candmon? Haha

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Hikaru View Post
    That interview was very interesting i always wonder why the background for digimon was different in some series i just thought it was just because for the story but it's because some of the creators have a different interpretation of what a Digimon is very deep imo can't wait to see what Survive will add to the table for Digimon lore i do hope we get dlc for the game.
    It's an effect of Digimon in its early days having too little content in its setting to the point that people who work with Digimon say that in the beginning, it couldn't even be possible to say that there was a story (This is a point that surprised the WiZ team when they saw that someone wanted to do an anime about Digimon, which until then didn't really have a story. And in fact this detail scared people when working with Digimon because nobody knew how to create a story with so little content).

So at that time, as there were few things defined, after all, the decision to create a more detailed setting only came as a requirement of Shueishia for Digimon to continue to have pages in its magazines, so the WiZ team gave great creative freedom to the people who would work with the franchise in other media. In some cases they just improved on the established scenario, as in V-Tamer, but in the case of Anime Digimon Adventure, this was Kakudou's opportunity to create "his special work" that he felt would be interesting when trying to answer the question "What is evolution for a Digimon ?", and somehow he came to the conclusion that led to the scenario we are seeing being addressed in Digimon Survive.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Another interesting interview! the intimacy points makes me hopeful of some dating elements lol

and dang it sounds like our choices matter even more than I realised, interesting.

I'm a Maniac
    I'm actually kind of interested now.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    That part about Aoi being unreliable is a ouch to the heart. They previously said about how she cooks for the cast, and helps to secure their base and stuff so she's trying her best </3 I guess if some evil Digimon break in, it'll be her fault due to being unreliable

Iím so curious about what evolutions will be available based on decisions made in the story. The idea of evolving Agumon into all kinds of interesting forms is very appealing to me.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Iím so curious about what evolutions will be available based on decisions made in the story. The idea of evolving Agumon into all kinds of interesting forms is very appealing to me.
    For Agumon my money is on Greymon, GeoGreymon, and Tyranomon. At least I really hope Tyranomon is a thing given it was originally designed to be Agumonís canon Adult form and I super prefer it to all the Greymon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast