With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 different Last Evolution Kizuna Novelizations Coming in February

2 different Last Evolution Kizuna Novelizations Coming in February

A 2fer!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is getting not 1, but 2 different novelizations. Both will be released on February 7th, before the movie is released.

The two versions are:
    Mirai- Designed for elementary school and Junior high students to understand. Lots of color images and illustrations
    Dash X- More action scenes and emotions, along with scenes that ended up not being in the movie

The Dash X version will retail for 680 yen and the Mirai version will be 700 yen.

The standard import friendly places don't list them yet, but we will update when they do.

For now, animate is listing the Dash X version, that includes a bonus illustration card:
    Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Novelization (Dash X Version, Animate)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Guess we'll be finding out the plot early huh? What a strange thing to do.

I come from the net
    A pair of novels? That's interesting but I think these are normal to do.

Oh, I should specify I meant it was strange of them to release the novelizations before the movie it is based on, not that it is strange to release these novelizations in the first place.

Yeah I think I'll pick these up after I watch the movie, but definitely will fill out my bookshelf with these!

Ain't got no mojo...
    At first I was a bit skeptical on the notion to release the novels a few weeks before the filmís release because of risk of Spoilers to leak in social media.

Itís possible, but just learned that itís normal for franchise to release their novels before the films (same can be said for the animated films in America, I remember buying the WALL-E picture book that gave away the story, foolish me).

Iím pretty sure weíll stay away from the novels until we see the film sub or dub and then get the novels through Proxy Mail or directly in Japan if living there or traveling.

My only concern is that someone can buy the novels, translate it, or post the picture pages and do the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows style spoiled spree that can spread rapidly on social media or forums to ruin their anticipation a couple of weeks before the release in Japan (checking on if the film retcons the 02 epilogue or not, revealing the last evolution forms of Agumon and Gabumon, shipping, which characters get more screentime outside of Tai and Matt, are 02 present or just cameos, addressing tri, etc.).

If any spoilers start to pop up a couple of weeks before the premiere, I do recommend try to avoid them by staying away from social media or use a spoiler block extension on Digimon until the release either. I believe most Japanese fans donít post spoilers often though, but some that use proxy shopping outside of Japan can get a hold of them to ruin the fun for some anyway.

Maybe itís no big deal for those who donít care about spoilers, and itís not the end of the world anyway, but some do care to experience the film without prior knowledge of the actual plot playing out.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    So there's going to be some spoilers floating around before it airs? huh, I agree this is a weird thing to do.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    So there's going to be some spoilers floating around before it airs? huh, I agree this is a weird thing to do.
    Hope not. But since itís the internet, anyone can find a way to spill details from official novel tie-ins that have the whole plot before the film release. Weíll have to be cautious when that happens.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    There will be a decidated thread for spoilers to go in on here, so at least on here it should be easy to avoid.

"Scenes not in the movie" eh?

Guess this is another novelisation I'll have to pick up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast