With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Fountain Pen Omegamon Announced, Images, and Pre-orders are Up

Fountain Pen Omegamon Announced, Images, and Pre-orders are Up

Another Premium Bandai item already...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After the cards earlier we get something much fancier (and expensive) for Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary merchandise. After a number of expensive Omegamon watches in the past, we now get an Omegamon fountain pen called the 'Fountain Pen Omegamon.'

They give quite a bit about the design of the pen (similiar to how they did for the watch.)

It is also noted that the pen type is thin type 'F' (Fine)

On to the design!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Evolution- Omegamon, WarGreymon, and MetalGarurumon are drawn on this fountain pen in golden printing. At the top and bottom the characters from the Grey Sword "All Delete" are engraved. The signature of Kenji Watanabe is printed on the cap.

Omegamon is on the front side, while WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are on the back side. The design elements of the pen are by Kenji Watanabe.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Dream- Omegamon-inspired body resin is an original color that mixes glass based pigments with white pearl coloring. When exposed to light the particles embedded shine slightly. The ring is integrated with the cap via insert molding.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Brave- The 14 carat gold nib is engraved with a design that symbolizes Omegamon and shows the brilliance that resides in the Holy Knight Digimon, born from the strong will of those who desire goodness.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bond- The crown design symbolizes Omegamon. Every time you get it, the adventure of courage and friendship between Taichi and Yamato, the chosen children and the Digimon, will revive.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Wish- A luxurious exclusive case designed with the imagery of Omegamon and is stamped with gold foil. An ink cartridge is included so it can be used from the moment it arrives

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Platinum Fountain Pen Manufacturing- Manufacturer of writing instruments, founded in 1919. In 1928 the company named themselves after Plantinum, the king of metals. Not just functionality, but also design and materials to make fountain pens that people want to own. Considered the representative brand for the domestic (Japanese) fountain pen.

Platinum Fountain Pen original mechanism- The cap has a proprietary slip and seal mechanism which keeps the pen tip airtight and ink fresh. They do this to keep the water evaporation as low as possible, to avoid a major flaw of fountain pen, which is dry ink ink. The ink will still allow you to write quickly even if you don't use it for a year.

The pen is roughly 6 inches long when open and 5.5 inches long when sealed. It's about .6 inches in diameter.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Platinum:
    Our fountain pens have been used for over a century since our inception and the technology behind the Platinum fountain pen that has been cultivated over many years has been poured into them. We hope that fountain pens will become familiar to you, and that the Digimon fountain pen will make it's way to your hand.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Fountain Pen Omegamon is available to pre-order now at Premium Bandai for 27,500 yen. It ships in May 2020.

A pricey pen, but not out of line for other higher end Digimon merchandise that has done before (especially with Omegamon.)

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    I really like this so much, but it's way too rich for my blood. Interestingly, the Omegamon logo is the same as the one on the watch. If they continue with more high-end Omegamon products in the future, maybe I'll be able to actually get one, or probably not.

I come from the net
    Omegamon's icon, that something claw-like is actually part of its cape or claw mark?

I feel like there is going to be a scene in Kizuna during the final battle where WarGreymon and Metalgarurumon attempt to fuse to Omegamon but accidentally fuse into this pen instead. Then both Taichi and Yamato rake some pieces of paper out of their pockets and have a 5 minute segment on how great the pen writes and how luxurious it is. Eventually Omegamon squeezes himself out from he pen's tip and the fight continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Omegamon's icon, that something claw-like is actually part of its cape or claw mark?
    For all we know, it could simply be for #Effect.

I come from the net
    Hmm I see it does look rad but still it left me a bit confused.