With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure Selection Box Carddass Card Set Announced, Pre-Order Details!

Digimon Adventure Selection Box Carddass Card Set Announced, Pre-Order Details!

Another surprise for the 20th Anniversary!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Premium Bandai has announced a new Digimon card set, that is a combination of remastered/remade classic cards, along with some new ones.

They're calling it the Carddass Digimon Adventure Selection Box. We have a bunch of info and images of this set, which I imagine a number of people will be importing.

Some translated bits below will be cleaned up shortly.

"Collectors cards detailing the Adventure of the Summer of 1999 returns after 20 years"

Image Thumbnail (custom)

"A collectors card series that introduced the chosen children, partner Digimon, enemy Digimon, etc. that appeared in the Digimon Adventure anime, introducing them with stores with images and scene pictures. All of the TV anime and Bokura no War Game are covered in this new set. A must have item for anime fans, featuring even images like eyecatches and the cards that appeared in the anime."

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There will be 72 cards in the set, 36 normal and 36 holo cards. There will be 18 new illustrations based on the ED and famous scenes.

Eye catch cards are based on the images scene before and after commercials.

The back of cards have designs based on the cut-in introductions from the anime.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Episode 38. Vamdemon has gone to the real world chasing after the eighth child! Taichi and the others try to reopen the gate at Vamdemon castle using the 10 cards. All 10 appear in this set with the design on the front and back based on what you see in the anime.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Preview of new cards with designs based on the ED artwork. Omegamon and Diablomon also get cards!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

52 of the cards are recreations of popular cards from when the show was originally airing!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Also included is a binder to hold the cards and a special book. Everything comes in a collectors box.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some details regarding the restoration/remastering of the original cards.

1- Film backups of the cards don't exist, Original cards were scanned with modern equipment and cleaned up. Holo cards were shot with equipment to accurately capture colors clearly.
    2- Retouching. The images were trimmed and retouched card by card, including hologram and glitter effects. Colors and text were also retouched card by card.
    3- They are printing them so they visually appear close to the cards of the time. (This may be referring to print 'size'.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A quick list of contents to go over everything included:
    72 cards, 36 normal and 36 holo (20 cards are newly drawn based on ED and famous scenes and 10 cards are the ones from Episode 28.)
    A pocket binder with 18 sheets that each hold 4 cards
    The booklet

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders are open at Premium Bandai for 8,800 yen. Pre-orders close January 6th and they ship in March 2020.

Update- Pre-orders are open.

For those who like cards just for the art, rather than playing a card game, this should be a nice little set that is a combination of classic and new cards.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    *Jaw drops* No way. I didn't see that coming. Anime card set actually got revived?! But Devimon and Vamdemon's DP remains unchanged... Pity

Damn good memories!

That MetalGarurumon card, that head is so tiny enough to be squished!

Not going to lie when i first saw the above image of Wargreymon i instantly thought of the Hadouken from Street fighters.😂

Oh man, good times with those. I wish the English versions had gone past the Myotismon Arc, but I get why they were supplanted with Digi-Battle. I think I'll pass on these, but it's a damn cool revival.

I come from the net
    Oh hey, we can open the gate now. Just remember to use Gomamon and not Agumon. These are really nice cars.