With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Wich Device is your favourite? Which is the worst one? Why?

Wich Device is your favourite? Which is the worst one? Why?

Hi, I didn't see any thread about this and I'm curious about everyone's opinion. I apologize in advance if there's a similar one in existence or it breaks any rule and it has to be deleted.

In my case I just have experience with 2 devices, the 20th anniversary V Pet and the D3. I enjoy the 20th anniversary more because I prefer to take care of Digimon and have different evolution paths to discover. The D3 is mostly battling so it's my least favourite out of the two, but it was still quite good and my first device. I think I'll get the X2 soon so I hope it becomes my new favourite.

Anyway, what about you guys?

I have the D3, and I had one of the Frontier digivices. I prefer the D3 as it is still running to this day on the same battery it came with. Frontier fried after 5 short years.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    X2 is my favorite for sure, either one, both are good. Raising is very involved without being tedious, and each Digimon has so many paths it can go down without it just being an open-ended free-for-all like the Progress. Plus it has a good chunk of my favorite X Digimon, including Grandis Kuwagamon, Giga Seadramon and Ultimate Brachimon.

After than, the Pendulum Ver.20th was my former favorite, because of its massive roster and the ability to hack all eggs onto one device, followed by the Accel series just because I really liked that it felt like an honest attempt at rebooting the vpet franchise by stepping away from Pendulums and introducing a good mix of old and brand new Digimon. And I REALLY like the idea of DNA, not care/neglect, dictating how Digimon evolve.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20thDigimon Pendulum Ver.20thDigital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    For me it's easily the Digital Monster Version 20th. It helps that the Original Brown lets me raise two different Greymon lines - but it was pretty much my dream v-pet with all five of the originals being crammed into one, and with new Mega forms to boot. Of all the recent v-pet releases especially I find it's the most simple and fun to use.

I have a Season 1 Digivice and once borrowed a friend's V2 v-pet, but the Mini V1 was the first proper v-pet I owned and so I have a soft spot for that too. The only thing I hate about it is how unlikely it is to evolve past the Adult stage, even with a perfect record and no care mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    X2 is my favorite for sure, either one, both are good. Raising is very involved without being tedious, and each Digimon has so many paths it can go down without it just being an open-ended free-for-all like the Progress. Plus it has a good chunk of my favorite X Digimon, including Grandis Kuwagamon, Giga Seadramon and Ultimate Brachimon.

After than, the Pendulum Ver.20th was my former favorite, because of its massive roster and the ability to hack all eggs onto one device, followed by the Accel series just because I really liked that it felt like an honest attempt at rebooting the vpet franchise by stepping away from Pendulums and introducing a good mix of old and brand new Digimon. And I REALLY like the idea of DNA, not care/neglect, dictating how Digimon evolve.
    I don't know if you played it but for me the Digimon Unlimited App had the perfect balance between taking care of your Digimon, having multiple evolution paths and even updated and improved some sprites like Alphamon Ouryuken as well as many jogress options for a lot of Digimon. I also liked the idea of being able to train as much as you wanted so you could get "competitive" and succesful even if you had or preferred early stages like Rookies or Champions, as long as you trained. I also loved how online battling was handled. If I had some of that in an official physical V-Pet I would be really happy.

Thanks for all of your replies guys, I hope that more people share their preferences because I'm really interested in your experiences with the different devices that have been released. As for the X2, I have to say that just as I expected it became my favourite device. Having those close ups, items and levels to add to the gameplay as well as the XAI system really enhanced the experience for me. Also, most of the sprite work has been amazing.
    Last edited by Roy130390; 12-26-2019 at 11:23 PM.