With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: How often do new digimon get revealed?

I'm a Maniac

How often do new digimon get revealed?

I became a fan just last year and the amount that got revealed from then was awesome till now, but it feels like we are not going to see anything for a while now or am I wrong?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Depends really. It's mostly when new content comes, like V-Pets, anime, games and so forth. We do sometimes get them at random though, just not very often.

So for the most part, they come alongside new content.

A Digimon did debut in a tweet once.

Next new one will prob either be in next year's movie, or Survive.

I come from the net
    Unlike Pokemon who normally release the list of new Pokemon within 2-4 years.

It's only way to know when new digimon gets introduced in:

V-Jump magazines (V-pet, Digimon anime series, games, etc)
    New Games / Vpet series (Includes DLC and updates)
    Anime series season(s)
    Digimon twitter for incoming news

But like Rafflesimon and others who arrived late along with their official artwork/profiles, people managed to obtain new ones that never seen before at twitter posts about V-pet to reveal/leak/datamine. So make sure to look at the other way around it.

For me, I simply wait for any news from Digimon's official twitter JP or WTW here

Mostly Japan usually gets the things first although that isn't the case....

I'm a Maniac
    Thank you, looks like we gonna have to wait till next year now for suvivorband new movie.

I come from the net
    Pokemon releases in Gens, Yokai Watch does a group each game but also does a random group between them thanks to their mobile game. Digimon does when ever they seem to want. But if they make a new show, it's usually a bunch then.

I'm going digital
    That's not necessarily the case with Pokemon. While they're usually coded into the games' data since the start of a generation, certain new event-only Pokemon may not be officially revealed until long after the launch of a generation, possibly into the next generation. Certain Pokemon from a future generation have also been revealed before their generation (Munchlax, a Gen-4 Pokemon, was revealed 2 years before Gen-4 even released, and has appeared in 3/4 spin-off games within those 2 years. Also, they have added new forms and variants, and even completely new Pokemon, partway through a generation (Melmetal, considered a Gen-7 Pokemon, was revealed in a mobile game 2 years after the launch of Gen-7. It wasn't hidden in the games' coding or anything; it was a brand new Pokemon that didn't even exist at the start of the generation).

Digimon also isn't that much different, at least originally. The majority of Digimon were released within V-Pet "generations." Agumon, Betamon, Gabumon, etc. were released in the original "Digital Monster" generation. Tentomon, Gomamon, DemiDevimon, etc. were released in the "Pendulum" generation. Dorumon, Ryudamon, and the majority of X-Antibodies were released within the "Pendulum X" generation, with some early X-Antibody debuts in the "Pendulum Progress" generation and some later debuts in the "Digital World X" video game. The 4 Chaosmon lines: Kudamon, Liollmon, Commandramon, and Falcomon; were released in the "Accel" generation. Even now, this trend continues with the "Digimon X" generation that released a whole bunch of new X-Antibodies.

Of course, there are new Digimon specifically made for games and animes, that may not overlap with V-Pet generations. At the very least, they have made a completely brand-new Digimon (or brand-new line in the case of Savers) for the main character's partner in every main anime series. But they rarely ever just make a brand-new Digimon for completely no apparent reason; there's usually a reason, such as for a V-Pet, game (video, mobile, trading card), anime, or even fan-contests.

I come from the net
    I guess that works. Thanks for making things clearer.

I'm interested in this Digimon generational concept. What are all the Digimon generations?