With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precious GEM ULForceV-dramon in Color! Labeled as Digimon Savers

Precious GEM ULForceV-dramon in Color! Labeled as Digimon Savers

It's been a bit of a wait for this one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After being announced last year, and first shown as a prototype half a year ago at Megahobby Expo 2019 Sprint we finally get to see the Precious GEM figure of ULForceV-dramon in color!

Formally announced and shown in color at the Digimon Talk at Megahobby Expo 2019 Autumn (which hasn't happened at the time of posting), the figure continues to impress, moreso that we can finally see it in color now.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Appearing in a few things, but most popularly known from V-Tamer as the Ultimate form of Zeromaru, this will no doubt be a popular figure with fans once released. It is on display with a shikishi by Tenya Yabuno, the artist of V-Tamer.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The placard labels it as a Digimon Savers branded figure with release date and price to be announced.

Thanks to amiami for photos of the figure (which appear to have been taken from a press preview, and likely put up early by accident since the Digimon Talk hasn't happened yet. From prior photos we can see the version currently on display is the unpainted prototype.)

This will be a fun one to get, as V-Tamer stuff has never really gotten merchandise (and Savers fans will be happy to see something with that branding finally appearing in the GEM line.)

On top of ULForceV-dramon, we also got our first look at a GEM MetalGreymon figure!

Update- A nice clean press image from Megahouse.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    It's funny that it's branded as a Savers/Data Squad product since he appeared in the show as one of the Royal Knights.

Added a Megahouse press image.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Since the Data Squad version of the character shows up for like 12 seconds and I don't think even talks (maybe he says one line?) he's prob the most niche character to get a figure XD (if counted "only" as him, lol)
    Last edited by Muur; 11-29-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Welp, there goes the meager contents of my wallet.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    'Savers' or not that screams V-Tamer Ulforce and he will be called Zero. I just really don't wanna see the price tag lol

I want that figure so much as I enjoyed V-Tamer and Zeromaru was a part of the reason why, but everytime I think about what the price will be my wallet weeps bitter tears.
    Last edited by Bartz; 11-30-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Man that figure looks amazing my only question is why give him nails when in most appearances he doesn't have any? That is kind of the only thing that bothers me that they kind of go back and front that he does and doesn't but oh well still looks good.
    Last edited by Katsu Hikaru; 11-30-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I really hope there is UlforceVeedramon's Future Mode....

This looks very impressive. I really like the different kinds of textures used for certain parts of the figure, like the rougher look on some of the armor and the fleshy veins on his wings.

Honestly I can see why they didn't directly market it as the V-Tamer character, even if the Yabuno artwork proves that they know that many will buy it for that reason.
    Yabuno has his distinctive style, and while in the case of UlforceV-dramon the overall difference isn't as huge as for example in his far more humanoid interpretation of AeroV-dramon, it's still noticeable in the curves of the armor and the proportions of his body.
    So from that view this UlforceV-dramon simply is not the V-Tamer one and for something that is going to be very expensive you really expect it to be a high quality accurate rendering of what you paid for, and not a high quality accurate rendering of something of something slightly different. So sure, this is UlforceV-dramon as he appeared in most of the art for the franchise which most of his appearances are based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Hikaru View Post
    Man that figure looks amazing my only question is why give him nails when in most appearances he doesn't have any? That is kind of the only thing that bothers me that they kind of go back and front that he does and doesn't but oh well still looks good.
    I think the version with nails was always intended to be the definitive one, as most detailed artwork of him does include them and when they are omitted I view it more as stylistic simplification/abstraction; Like in many Animes human characters are drawn without fingernails but that doesn't mean that humans in that world are not supposed to have fingernails... and in close-up shots the nails just kind of materialize. Here it's happening with dark, prominent nails, which makes it makes bit more weird but I feel it's still the same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    I really hope there is UlforceVeedramon's Future Mode....
    It would literally be the same figure with slightly more ornate armor so I don't really think there would be a point to it. One one hand it wouldn't look right as a simple repaint, on the other hand it's not substantial enough to modify the entire mold for it so... I don't think there's a realistic chance for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast