With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secret Digimon Volume 3 in MonMon Memo! Hexeblaumon Art & Short Profile

I come from the net
    Didn't think it got translated so fast... At instant.

So Witch Blue/Blue Witch-mon? If I remember correctly, didn't I said something about the shadowed Ultimate level of Bulcomon being feminine because of its skirt dress? I forgot... But I wonder if all of Bulcomon evo line are "female" because of their pink eyes? Digimon never had pink eyes before but purple eyes are extremely rare like Sleipmon.

Surprised this name is really completely different from his chinese name.

A quicky translation of his short profile has been added to the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonicEmperor View Post
    Hexe is usually either a witch or to cast a spell or curse on someone.
    It's from 'Hexagon' since there's hexagons on his cape and knee guard

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Hexeblaumon looks awesome, the color scheme reminds me of Mirage Gaogamon. I love that he's a magic Knight with ice sorcery, his helmet and weapon look badass.

He looks better than the rest of his line for sure.
    The design still borrows too much from MirageGaogamon and his Burst Mode to really stand on its own and was hoping for some more bestial elements to remain but at least they are diminishing the usual cyborg shenanigans by having his Ice body burst out of his armor instead of the usual metal or rubber joints.
    Like usual the mention of magic makes me hope for some connection to Witchenly; he almost looks like he could be one of the Vortex Warriors but I donít think ice is even one of the main elements in the magical witches V-pet unless they are completely conflating water and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bearmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonicEmperor View Post
    Hexe is usually either a witch or to cast a spell or curse on someone.
    It's from 'Hexagon' since there's hexagons on his cape and knee guard
    That would be a secondary reference at most. Besides the name not being Hexablaumon, the references to magic in his profile confirm the ďwitchĒ connection

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I said something about the shadowed Ultimate level of Bulcomon being feminine because of its skirt dress?
    Sound like an unjustified leap to a conclusion that was proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    But I wonder if all of Bulcomon evo line are "female" because of their pink eyes? Digimon never had pink eyes before but purple eyes are extremely rare like Sleipmon.
    Weíve had pink eyed Digimon in the past with no relation to their gender (you wouldnít really call niseAgumon hakase particularly feminine), just like any other eye color never mattered for that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Like usual the mention of magic makes me hope for some connection to Witchenly; he almost looks like he could be one of the Vortex Warriors but I donít think ice is even one of the main elements in the magical witches V-pet unless they are completely conflating water and ice.
    Donít the Vortex Warriors use wind as their main element? Iím pretty sure Digimon (and plenty of other IPs of course) conflates water and ice pretty often, at least in games like Cyber Sleuth.

Anyways, HexeBlaumon is actually one of my favourite Digimon like ever lol. Iíve always liked knightly Digimon, but the older RKs look a little too simple at times and the newer RKs (especially X-antibody forms) can look too complicated for my taste. And then we get this one, the ice sorcery stuff is pretty unique when it comes to Digimon at the Ultimate level. At least, I think so. This seems to be the first Magic Knight-type Digimon at least, which is a pretty cool type. Would be nice if we got more soon enough, hopefully related to Witchelny stuff.

I'm a Maniac
    Wait his a magic knight, that makes me love him even more as I love my magic knights in rpgs *.*

One thing for shame is that his not lightning elemental, it seems to me like the lightning elemental is the most powerful element in the world of digimon and most of the powerful top tier digimon seems to posses those like examon x, leviamon x, jupitermon and as angewomon x and wizardmon x profiles seems to reference that.
    Last edited by Ragnalord; 11-29-2019 at 08:30 AM.

I come from the net
    I didn't know twitter updated Hexeblaumon after this MonMon Memo... I'm surprised it's new Type for "Magic Knight". Bandai sure loves Dragon and Knight Types to give more new classes to those two Types.... Geez Magic Knight types better have unique weapons come with magic like that flag spear emitting ice fog making it look like it's flag.

At first I thought it was red eyes NiseAgumon Hakase but I can confirm it's pink... It's just everything "evil" around him made it looked red to me...

So looking again, Hexe and Blau are German words. Mt. Brocken is a German mountain, but is also a magic school in Witchelny; I guess there might be some German crossover, although it could just be a coincidence. High-level programming (referring to ice sorcery) is the same terminology to reference the magic used by Digimon from Witchelny. HexeBlaumon is also coming out in the same v-pet as Wizarmon X and Angewomon X. Itís also alongside greater focus on the X-antibody again, much like MedievalDukemon and the introduction of the Vortex Warriors group. Are Magic Knights the Witchelny equivalent to Holy Knights?

Maybe Iím looking too far into this, but those are some observations and my speculation. Curious to see if thereís more to this or if it ultimately means nothing lol.

Edit: Besides Holy Knight Digimon, there are Dark Knight and Beast Knight types, neither of which are particularly special so thereís nothing that indicates a Magic Knight has to be special in any way.

Also throwing this out there, but if they ever decided to try out that next generation Royal Knights idea, a Magic Knight instead of a Holy Knight could be cool. Itíd be great if they went with a more varied roster, like a Winged Knight and a Nature Knight or something. Could represent Jesmon GX being less selective and more open in its recruitment.
    Last edited by Nightwing; 11-29-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    This seems to be the first Magic Knight-type Digimon at least, which is a pretty cool type. Would be nice if we got more soon enough, hopefully related to Witchelny stuff.
    you have Medieval Dukemon to add to magical Witchelny knights. They seem very likely to cross paths. I wonder if it'd be friendly or violent?
    edit: From Medieval Dukemon's profile it says: "It battles using armor made by Sorcery, it holds the alias of "Whirlwind General" due to it governing the Digimon known as the 'Vortex Warriors', who, among all the magical systems of Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind, battle using weapons made by Wind Sorcery"
    HexeBlaumon has armor that can be interpreted as made by sorcery, has a spear that gives a flag illusion due to the mist which can be interpreted as "wind sorcery", and is very adept to the high level programming for the water system as it manipulates ice. It's very loose and debatable but HexeBlaumon could totally be a Vortex Warrior
    Last edited by SparkGold; 11-29-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast