With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art for Jazarichmon & CrysPaledramon

Art for Jazarichmon & CrysPaledramon

More art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones!

Since the first batch of new art and mini profiles for the week are characters we didn't have art of, and they're of high interest, throwing them up again similiar to last week. The profiles are shorter versions of profiles we already have and don't contain any new information.

First up is Jazarichmon (art above), the perfect form of Jazamon, the Digimon who showed up during Links endgame content. This is the first time we've seen his profile artwork.

Next up....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

CrysPaledramon! The perfect form of Bulcomon is from the Chinese mobile game Digimon Encounters. Like Jazarichmon, this is the first time we've seen his profile artwork (and is true for most of the lower forms of both Digimon also.)

More to come! (But not for long, pre-orders for the X3 close in about a week, and there isn't much of the lineup yet to go through!)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    Cant say I'm a fan of that jazarichmon, it looks sooo plain and dull compared to other 2, cryspalwdramon in the other hand looks sex compared to the ugly 3d model and based on what I'm seeing of that ultimate level, I'm gonna love it.

I come from the net
    Jazarichmon actually look awesome unlike 3D model. Still Pteramon X is far more realistic Jet. But I think I might like this Dragon Jet line. I'm shmups player therefore I like all Dogfighters and Starfighters. It turned out it only have real two eyes. I thought it was four eyes but it's just very misunderstanding part on its blue V fin. Its legs actually look very epic. The 3D model's legs looked meh and weird. Let's hope Metallicdramon look scary because it got Hadesmon's face (Appmon).

CrysPaledramon. I never knew this name got more two extra words in fact usually one word adds into Digimon names unless if I'm unaware of other names existing I overlooked... I admit his face is a little too... Common I have seen most dragons in certain manga/trading games had that... But at least his nail gill thingies made it unique. Ice Jet wings are cool. He is a bit of Dragon version of WereGarurumon I think?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Similar to before, I like CrysPaledramon a lot more after seeing the art. Makes me wonder if they drew the art for the 3D model first in this instance, or if the 3D model came first and then Bandai staff had to draw from there. Guess that's something we'll never know. I like what appears to be that he can use those ice crystals as rockets. I guess tomorrow we'll see Metallicdramon and finally learn the Japanese name of Mr IceSkyLord. Then again they still need to post Pumpkinmon/Noble, so I feel like they'll get them out of the way first to prolong XD. Though I do believe we may have to wait for another Monmemo (I think that's what it's called) before they tell us the final secret slot? hmmm.
    Last edited by Muur; 11-27-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Yeah, CrysPaledramon's artwork is so much better then the model, the concept comes across a lot better here. I also like the ice warrior motif with it as it looks pretty cool and the little details like the fluffy collar and headpiece are nice to look at. Jazarichmon is OK, though it has the same problem its counterpart has where it's between two forms that look great and doesn't do much to stand out on its own from them.

Blucomon’s entire line remains incredibly boring looking to me, it looks like an embodiment of the kind of uninspired design approach used recent digimon designed for specific linear lines; Start off with a slightly chibi dragon or critter and from there just add anthropomorphic elements, armor and spikes with every step. Predictable and boring, not even the colors are allowed to vary. And we know his Ultimate is yet another bipedal knight so there won’t be any surprises there.
    Jazamon, while suffering from a similar sameness in terms of color pallette at least doesn’t venture into the humanoid and offers the additional design twists of basing the different forms on different types of aviation, but it still just qualifies as “okay”.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    The 3D model's legs looked meh and weird.
    Unless you have problems with perspective they look exactly the same. (worth noting that the small upper part is a flap that can lift up)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    He is a bit of Dragon version of WereGarurumon I think?
    How? WereGarurumon isn't even overtly ice themed and doesn#t have any kind of cyborg armor, wings, crystals or any other element of the design. (Not to mention the spot is already taken by Strikedramon)

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    I love the look of both of these Digimon. They're a breath of fresh air after all those X-antibodies.
    My Royal Knights stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922349/...Shining-Armour
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10931005/1/Holy-War

Holy War Chapter 46 is posted.
    In it, the Royal Knights' war against the Seven Great Demon Lords is now in full swing.

My Story blog:
    http://adragoninshiningarmour.tumblr.com/

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    How? WereGarurumon isn't even overtly ice themed and doesn#t have any kind of cyborg armor, wings, crystals or any other element of the design. (Not to mention the spot is already taken by Strikedramon)
    Hmm how do I put it? After WereGarurumon, MachGaogamon, Flaremon, Stefilmon, etc took similar ways and I started to view this CrysPaledramon for that because it just gave me vibes... Honestly this Bulcomon's evo line might suffer mostly in appeal because it shares same vibes from Coronamon's evo line.

Maybe it started this common pattern after Hackmon's evo line? I hope they will notice and take different path like Falcomon, Kudamon, and Commandramon?

Hmm I didn't know about that smaller upper part of Jazarichmon. I didn't obtain Jazamon in Linkz so I ended up missing alot. Maybe it could be problem I have towards 3D models of Jazamon's evo line? I don't know how to say that...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Blucomon’s entire line remains incredibly boring looking to me, it looks like an embodiment of the kind of uninspired design approach used recent digimon designed for specific linear lines; Start off with a slightly chibi dragon or critter and from there just add anthropomorphic elements, armor and spikes with every step. Predictable and boring, not even the colors are allowed to vary. And we know his Ultimate is yet another bipedal knight so there won’t be any surprises there.
    Jazamon, while suffering from a similar sameness in terms of color pallette at least doesn’t venture into the humanoid and offers the additional design twists of basing the different forms on different types of aviation, but it still just qualifies as “okay”.
    Is this a new thing with Digimon though? I feel like at least since Coronamon and Lunamon this has been kind of their go-to approach when designing specific mons and pre-determined lines. Even back to the days of Leomon, Greymon, and Garurumon -- though I'll give you that at least each of those had some variation and "gotcha" twists.

Jazarichmon would make a perfect jogress of Pteranomon and MailBirdramon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast