With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Digimon Announced in MonMon Memo for the X3! & Who Designed the new Digimon!

Secret Digimon Announced in MonMon Memo for the X3! & Who Designed the new Digimon!

Nearly a month since the last one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's time for MonMon Memo 43! This time they show off the first of the secret Digimon, while also admitting most people probably knew who it was going to be! (Not to mention getting his profile art for the first time!) On top of that, they let us know who designed which of the new X-Antibody Digimon!

The Digimon X2 Red and Purple has begun to be delivered one after the other!

Some of you may already have gotten it and opened it to enjoy it!

Hopefully playing and hearing and holding it has increased your expectations and excitement for the Digimon X3 Yellow and Blue.

Today we will select and announce 'the most seasonable one' among the secret Digimon in the X3! While seasonal, the city was exciting as usual for Halloween last month. There was also a Halloween event in the app game Digimon ReArise!

The Glittering Digiegg that can be obtained at the Halloween Exchange for a limited time.

Many people have already noticed what the secret Digimon is... The Ultimate that can be raised from the Pumpmon in that Digiegg... yes!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

NoblePumpmon!

Following on from the X2, a gorgeous guest appears from the app game Digimon ReArise! It looks like this gentleman!

From watching Digimon Adventure, you can't imagine it from the time it was rampant with Gotsumon in Shibuya! Will there be a time when we can see the combination with Gotsumon's Ultimate evolution someday?

If you can get NoblePumpmon in ReArise, or even if you don't, please bring up NoblePumpmon in the X3!

The first secret Digimon is NoblePumpmon, and three secret Digimon remain!

Although we can't announce the other secret Digimon yet, as a bonus today... we'll be introducing 3 new X-Antibody Digimon whose illustrations haven't been released! Many people have been interested in these.... Then please!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pegasmon, OmegaShoutmon, and Meramon in their X-antibody forms. Following NoblePumpmon, the Digimon shown today are good in style! Pegasmon is Nakano Haito, and OmegaShoutmon ix Kenji Watanabe. Meramon X is designed by the Plex team.

It's surprising that some Digimon fans will know the designer just by looking at the illustration. The designers for Digimon who first are appearing in the X3 are:
    Kenji Watanabe: Wizarmon X, OmegaShoutmon X
    As'maria: Rapidmon X
    Kagemaru Himeno: Siesamon X, Angewomon X, Terriermon X, Lopmon X
    Nakano Haito: Pegasmon X, Cherubimon X (Virtue), Ophanimon X, Gankoomon X
    Soh Moriyama: RizeGreymon X, Hououmon X, Examon X, Keramon X
    Plex team: Cyberdramon X, Monzaemon X, Justimon X, Meramon X

Wait to see even more! Was everyone who you expected it to be? If you look at the Digimon illustrations while knowing who the designer is, you might discover even more!

Of course, it's good to enjoy the finished illustrations, but if you look at them from the rough designs, you get a glimpse of the "trajectory of trial and error" of the designers!

The Digital Monster Art Book Version X, which is on sale at the same time as the X3, includes the illustrations of the new X-Antibody Digimon, plus rough drawings of them, so don't miss it!

They finish by saying seeya in the next update!

Both the Digimon X3 and Art Book Version X are currently available to pre-order for a few more weeks.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
    Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
    CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
    Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
    RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
    Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
    Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
    Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
    CSA Digivice 1999 Details
    RagnaLordmon and Finalized Wave 2 20th Pendulum Packaging
    Pendulum Art Book Preview- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle
    Digimon in 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary Pendulums & Art Book Preview
    Digital Monster X and X-Antibody Teasers
    Digital Monster X Booklet Details
    Digital Monster X Digimon Info & CSA Digivice 1999 Booklet Details
    Digital Monster X Map System Info
    Digital Monster X Battle System Info
    New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork
    Digital Monster X Training & Raising Features
    The Digimon Lineup for the Digital Monster X & More Reveals
    Digital Monster X Summary & Preview from MonMon Memo, plus more Digimon intros!
    Digital Monster X Evolution Conditions from MonMon Memo!
    The Movements of the Seven Great Demon Lords from MonMon Memo
    Data from announcement of Digital Monster X Version 2!
    Main Theme of Digimon X2 from MonMon Memo, plus Video Preview
    Digimon X2 Lineup Introduction and Character Tease
    Raising Information, Road to the Devil
    Secret Digimon in Digimon X2 Revealed
    The Not Yet Shown X-Antibody Digimon
    Last Evolution Kizuna & Digimon X2 at DigiFes
    Digimon X2 Booklet Preview
    Digital Monster X Ver.3 Intro and Teases
    Digimon X3 & Artbook Pre-Order Info & Tease
    Art Book Version X Cover, Plus Chronicle X & X3 Teasers
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    So Kenji didn't draw Siesamon X, Cyberdramon X and Angewomon X? Kagemaru Himeno did? Boy that unique artstyle of shadowing tricked me.

PLEX artist.... Meramon X? How many artstyles he have there?! Justimon X, Monzaemon X and Meramon X's artstyle looked so completely different! He is good as Soh does.... Why say Plex "Team"?

As'maria drew Ogudomon X obviously. Those As'Maria blades.....

Thanks for the translation and MonMon Memo too. I finally know who drew which. Soh drew Hououmon X and Keramon X. Their artstyles are so impressive to look at.

I'm disappointed NoblePumpmon's artwork got resized so terribly...

It's nice seeing the who is behind the official designs of the new Digimon honestly i had a gut feeling Kenji was behind Omegashoutmon X.

Also would be nice to see Gotsumon and Pumpmon in Last Evolution was really sad for them to die the way they did would he awesome if they both got their mega form but that's pushing it.

In the global version, the store exchange only had regular Pumpkinmon, and we got the egg for free on opening. Did JP have it as a reward? Good for them.

Regardless, NoblePumpkinmon is super cool. So is that three more secret Digimon, or was it just those three they showed right after? Hard to tell from the translation.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I'm interested in who this "Plex" is. I guess they have multiple artists. I hope that doesn't cause copyright trouble down the line

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    In the global version, the store exchange only had regular Pumpkinmon, and we got the egg for free on opening. Did JP have it as a reward? Good for them.

Regardless, NoblePumpkinmon is super cool. So is that three more secret Digimon, or was it just those three they showed right after? Hard to tell from the translation.
    There would be four in total

NoblePumpkinmon, Ogudomon X

and then "obvious"

IceSkyLordmon (and then we learn what the JP name is)

and whatever new Digimon kills Ogudomon X

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I'm interested in who this "Plex" is. I guess they have multiple artists. I hope that doesn't cause copyright trouble down the line
    You don't know how copyright works, and we know 'who' Plex is.

It's the Bandai design house that swallowed the remains of Wiz. They do most of the designwork for Sentai and Kamen Rider. Prior to taking in the rest of Wiz they also did the design work for Digivolving Spirits.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Okay thanks. Pretty cool they're making Digimon then.

Wow I had no idea thar Angewomon X wasnt drawn by Kenji Watanabe. I love Kagemaru Himono's styles. Its hard to believe she started with only the Mamamon X antibodies.

I'm really happy they're releasing this info.

I feel like Cyberdramon's orange might really be a call back to Meramon now. But who knows.

I come from the net
    Himono's artstyle is so different now from Mamemon X species. I wonder if it'll affect her artstyle towards next new Mamemon X species to ruin or not?

I always wanted to see Igamon X, BanchoMamemon X, and others.

Kenji's interview wasn't kidding about "Next successors". Soh, Himono and others are quite good at mimicking Kenji's shadowing artstyle but still it's their unique artstyles stand out so strongly.

For PLEX "Team", I think it's hard to get used to this since this... Got multiple artstyles.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    I kind of like all of Nakano's designs. Since he's done Pegasusmon and the other 2 Great Angels, I hope he is the one who does Seraphimon-X too eventually if that ever happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast