With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Profiles for Gankoomon X & Meramon X & Large Art for More Digimon

Short Profiles for Gankoomon X & Meramon X & Large Art for More Digimon

More profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones!

I've generally been posting these once a week, or when some other relevant news shows up, but just a couple days into the week (in Japan) and there are already more than a few interesting ones, so popping up one now seemed like a good iea.

First up is Meramon X (art above) who we haven't seen or gotten anything of until now!

It's intense temper has increased, and if it finds an incoming virus type it immediately strikes it. It's not afraid of virus types, because of the barrier known as 'Expatch' in it's right hand.

Then we have Gankoomon X!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The text for Gankoomon appears together with Hinukamuy on its back. It's right upper "Ultimate Sengitengyouken" which pulverizes enemies is it's final mystery.

And while his introduction text is the same as it was for Links, I believe this i the first time we have the official profile art for Jazamon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We also get art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Jesmon X and Bulcomon/Blucomon/whatever name Bandai decides on next. (Ironically I believe we have both of these higher resolution from the Pendulum artbook and clean art was posted at other times, but still worth pointing out for anyone who might not have seen them since they are both 'reasonably' newer Digimon.)

More to come!

Thanks to onkei and shin for translation help.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    This is such a great batch of art. Meramon X has a very unique design and style. I wasn't sure how much they could really change what's essentially just a man made of fire. The XAI symbol on the shield and the stylized 'fire' symbol on its forehead are interesting touches. Also, the addition and focus on the shield is a nice callback to Meramon's role as the "firewall" Digimon.

Unless there are some stragglers, that just leaves the remaining mobile game cameos and the two unknown Ultimate++. Hopefully something is revealed with tomorrow's Chronicle X chapter.

I'm a little disappointed with Meramon X, mostly because the original design is so pitch-perfect. I wish they had expanded on different elements, like the sewn-in mouth. But it's not terrible.

And d'aww, lil' Jazamon.

I'm a Maniac
    I love the jazamon line, I also like buluvomon line hopefully we get the rest soon.

I like how people in Twitter are like blue eyes white dragon baby form for jazamon.
    Last edited by Ragnalord; 11-18-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Eh can't say I like Meramon X, removed too much Fire.

Nice to get a cute official art of baby Blue Eyes White Dragon tho

I come from the net
    Who drew Meramon X? Ben 10? lol But seriously this artstyle is completely new to me

I miss Meramon's stitches because of its evo line although SkullMeramon lacked it.
    I'm surprised Meramon X is not Fire Man anymore and it discarded the human body completely but I suspect that yellow solid body may resemble of SkullMeramon because of its new face. Hmm what's up with that forehead, that symbol like ShineGreymon and RizeGreymon X's swords....

He doesn't fear Virus types anymore even being Data type? EXTRA POINT PLUS FOR HIM! Data Types have awesome win comebacks eh?!

Honestly I was sad when Bulcomon and Jazamon showed up but I'm happy with official arts of Jazamon's evo line along with that Bulcomon then Meramon X showed up! That will make up for only having Keramon X once at that last day.

Meramon X has to be one of my favourites among the new X-Designs. I wondered what they could do to mutate him and they really nailed it. I don't think there were many other options that would have worked as well. Take Meramon into a more elemental direction and you just end up with some amorphous fire blob, add any fancy fire weapons or armor and you lose the focus of the original design. Giving him a more corporeal body while shifting the distribution of the flames was really a nice way to upgrade the theme without diverging too much.
    I do hope the full profile will expand on the Agnimon reference of his fire symbol as anything frontier related is always welcome.
    I like the art style as well, the licker outlines remind of the aesthetic of the early Savers area. Artist wise itís a bit hard to place. My bet would be on morimiya Soh putting as I donít think a completely new artist would be commissioned for that one design.

I come from the net
    I felt like it's more of Kenji. He is only one who tend to draw with so much thicker shadows. But again, I finally realized. Remember Viewtiful Joe? That artstyle does fit that well.

I'm a Maniac
    Did any ever figure out the meanings behind the Jet Dragons names?

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Meramon-X looks like a kid drew him, the art style and pen work is cartoonish. I was expecting something much cooler and robust like the og. I agree it looks like something from Ben 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast