With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: 2020 list of Anime Pilgrimage Sites includes Digimon Adventure

2020 list of Anime Pilgrimage Sites includes Digimon Adventure

Little update from last year...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Anime Tourism Association listed it's list of 88 anime pilgrimage sites for 2020 based on votes and polls of anime fans, rights holders, and local governments.

Digimon Adventure showed up in the 2019 list with Nerima, Tokyo. (Nerima being the ward where Hikarigaoka is.)

In the 2020 list Adventure now shows up twice, with more specific details, both listed under the prefecture of Tokyo:
    Odaiba, Minato
    Hikarigaoka, Nerima

Hikarigaoka returns and is joined by Odaiba in being added to the list!

In addition, they've added webpages for both locations going over some of the things people can see if they are visiting: (Snapshots of the top portion of each page, one machine translated, one left in Japanese.)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Odaiba
    Hikarigaoka

Areas from Digimon Adventure have always been popular with anime fans visiting Japan, with photos often popping up on social media of areas and things that showed up in the anime.

The full list can be found here.

Thanks to Digimon World Espana for the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Here's my personal real-life location map, if anyone is interested...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1910664

Of my four trips to Tokyo, I've stayed and visited Odaiba twice and visited Hikarigoaka twice (stayed just outside of it one of those times).

First time staying was in Shinjuku (across the central park and Metropolitan Government Building).

It's surreal when you visit the areas where these anime shows take place.