With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toei USA lists Last Evolution Kizuna as being 94 minutes long

Banned
    I was hoping for a three-hour epic.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    It was never going to be that long. Most anime films are around the 90-100 minute mark - even a major release like Your Name was 106 minutes. There's no reason to assume Kizuna would have been any different.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    It was never going to be that long. Most anime films are around the 90-100 minute mark - even a major release like Your Name was 106 minutes. There's no reason to assume Kizuna would have been any different.
    I was joking. I knew it wasn't going to be that long. Would be nice though.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    since this movie is directed and written by people who knew and love digimon I'm optimistic that it would go well and the fact that before tri most digimon movies were around 20-50 minutes and were able to cover all the basics of a movie. Also I'm guessing one of the reasons that Last Evolution will be this long is to fill in all the holes left by tri

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    since this movie is directed and written by people who knew and love digimon I'm optimistic that it would go well and the fact that before tri most digimon movies were around 20-50 minutes and were able to cover all the basics of a movie. Also I'm guessing one of the reasons that Last Evolution will be this long is to fill in all the holes left by tri
    I really doubt Last Evolution will complement the events in Tri. The story of Tri is enough self-contained. Tri has a kind of open ending with Dark Gennai, but that aspect can be ignored as Dagomon in 02.

The reason why Last Evolution will be this long is because this is the standard for a film. The digimon movies before Tri were shorter because they were not conventional films.

PS: In itself, Tri films weren't conventional films either, but these were a different kind from previous digimon movies.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    If I were to play devil's advocate here... couldn't we have said the same thing about tri?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12