With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: X3 Preview Video, Concept Art, Plus New Profiles & Large Art for More Digimon

I come from the net
    Duftmon X's big image at finally... How many years it took to land this?! And disappointed at the image of Craniummon X. MonMemo is so much better.

I'm a Maniac
    Shame Examon X was always destined for ugly boy's-imagination armour. Probably the weakest so far.
    Would have preferred it if they just stayed with a primarily organic approach, and my favourite X redesigns have essentially been sticking to just their bodies itself with no tacky bits of "The Future is NOW!!" lilac crystals and jagged armouring.

I come from the net
    If Examon X were to drawn by As'maria (With that axe lance), maybe it'll make a difference but Leviamon X is still damn impressive than him.

I don't think Examon X would get surprise imaginations in concept arts. I was so sure he'd get more jewelry and grew bigger or armor wings upgrading to fortress.

Examon X became a bit likable after those concept arts although I dislike... Arm extending grabbers.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Well, now that we have full-size art, we can more or less confirm that the ‘mech suit’ concept was abandoned. Notice how there are now two different shades of red on his feet, how much more rounded the organic parts are compared to their previously mechanical analogues in the concept sketch, and how different the proportions in the legs are, with the knees positioned much farther down and a relative thickness roughly like that of a human leg. So much for that.

I come from the net
    Examon X's hands in red color is very odd compared to its whole scaly skin.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Well, now that we have full-size art, we can more or less confirm that the ‘mech suit’ concept was abandoned. Notice how there are now two different shades of red on his feet, how much more rounded the organic parts are compared to their previously mechanical analogues in the concept sketch, and how different the proportions in the legs are, with the knees positioned much farther down and a relative thickness roughly like that of a human leg. So much for that.
    Two major flaws with your logic. One, the final artwork is at a completely warped perspective from a high angle. There is absolutely no way you can accurately compare the exact proportions with the concept, unless you really think that the length of Examon X's entire foot is shorter than the length of a single finger on its hand.

Secondly, the overall design is literally unchanged from the concept. Every single ornament, every single armor plate, and even every single of those embedded red pearls, are exactly the same as the concept. With the higher quality art, it's even clearer that the shoulder-claws are real and connected to the main body. If there was such a fundamental design change, there would be at least some sort of actual change, especially since the shoulder-claws are still clearly the actual hands. You are literally nitpicking slight adjustments in the curvature of the lines from a rough concept line-art to a fully-polished final piece.

Furthermore, it is completely your own guess that the concept had mechanical hands and feet in the first place. This is Digimon. It's completely possible for limb extensions and prosthetics to be organic. Just because an uncolored sketchy outline doesn't have scales or smoother lines, doesn't make it mechanical. Even Examon's actual body in that specific sketch didn't have any scales; only the close-ups had scales drawn.
    Moreover, if you look at the concept, the "fake" hands were intended to have scaly skin from the beginning. You can see the close-up of the hand on the top left corner; the hand clearly has a scaly texture. The scaly skin doesn't disprove or prove anything, since they were intended to be there from the beginning.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 11-15-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345