With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X3 Preview Video, Concept Art, Plus New Profiles & Large Art for More Digimon

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Nah, they changed it between the latter sketch and the final artwork. By the final it’s clear they’re his legs, they’re his organic feet (compare to the square, mechanical look of the feet in the sketch), and the hands on the shoulders are just ornaments. They might’ve taken their inspiration from the original concept of him as a mech suit, but that’s been abandoned.
    This is Digimon, prosthetics/extensions can easily be "organic." Moreover, if you look closely, the feet still retain that mechanical look, just in a red color. You can clearly see the armored plate-separation on its right foot.

The hands on the shoulders are also clearly organic and the same shade of red as Examon's body. You can see gaps in the armor where the arms connect the shoulder-hands with the body too.

This could just be a personal placebo, but the "extension hands" are also an off-shade of red, different from Examon's red. It looks less vibrant, almost like it has a slight orange tint.

Last edited by YongYoKyo; 11-09-2019 at 01:16 PM.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Nah bro those are just red cuffs around his ankles. The feet themselves have a more curvy organic look than in the sketch.

I'm going digital
    The concept's feet are also curvy; they are literally the same design. You can color the concept's feet red and end up with the same thing. You're also clearly not taking into account that the feet are in different positions from different perspectives. It's like taking pictures of the same pair of shoes from vastly different angles, then saying the shoes in one picture has a much more organic shape than the other picture. The "hands" are also pretty much identical to the concept too.

Literally nowhere else on Examon X does he use red armor. It's all white with gold accents, so why would he specifically have a single small piece of red armor around his ankles for no reason?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Are those red claw looking things on his “shoulders” Examons actual hands? Controlling the arms? Making those huge wonky arms robotic mech arms?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I’m only seeing one pair of feet there. I think Seymour’s right that it’s significantly different from the sketch.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I like the Examon we got better than that in-development one. The power suit is an interesting idea though

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I’m only seeing one pair of feet there. I think Seymour’s right that it’s significantly different from the sketch.
    The sketch's design is nearly identical (we are talking about the first sketch, not the second sketch). It also only has one visible pair of feet too, because the actual feet are implied to be hidden within the leg armor. Otherwise, the knees are way too high, in relation to the overall length of the legs.

They just streamlined the original mech design to better give off the impression that its limbs really got longer. They also colored the fake "hands" and "feet" red, and angled the perspective of the final art from a high position to make the legs seem more proportional, to further enforce the illusion.

If the final design was meant to be a mech, then I don't think they did a good job conveying that. You can barely tell if the red on the shoulders are meant to be his arms, and with the red on his 'hands' and 'feet' it's easy to come to the conclusion that it was just Examon in a knight costume instead. In fact, before today I don't think I've seen anyone argue that Examon X was a mech armor and even now it's still debateable, so evidentally the concept was not clearly carried through if that was the intent.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Why would they go to all that trouble to hide the design? If the Examon we got has fake feet, his real ones must have been chopped off and replaced with prosthetics. There’s no room for them in those skinny legs.

I'm a Maniac
    This conversation reminds me of noblepumpkinmon discussion on the design, about him having third hand and all.

The examon we got us the same as that first sketch, zero difference other than the colors.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast