With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X3 Preview Video, Concept Art, Plus New Profiles & Large Art for More Digimon

Eh, I still thought their final versions looked pretty cool. Though maybe I just have shit tastes? :p

I come from the net
    Examon X is hated so much but I wonder if they will realize Examon X's real body is actually still unchanged but simply wearing extra armor plates even extending to arms/legs. I guess it's just those extra armor plates are "responsible" for ruining its "bestial" body also being bigger as the large wings are simply unforgivable in their views.

After this revealed in concept arts, I guess Examon X didn't get bigger after all but tons of extra armor plates. But honestly it's really hard to tell which Examon X is really hated or just "Arm extender grabber" plates mostly.

I'm grateful for concept art videos. I wish somebody translate all of it written on Gankoomon/Examon X to learn more.

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    It's too bad. The Examon with the axe-lance is cooler than the one we currently have.
    My Royal Knights stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922349/...Shining-Armour
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10931005/1/Holy-War

Holy War Chapter 46 is posted.
    In it, the Royal Knights' war against the Seven Great Demon Lords is now in full swing.

My Story blog:
    http://adragoninshiningarmour.tumblr.com/

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    Gankoomon's tattoo is a very cool detail.

About Examon's design, I understand one of his defining characteristics is how unique his body shape is among the RKs and the unused desing keeps that. However, the other concept actually makes me like the final design a little more than before, this angle makes clear some of his proportions, specially the limbs, are still somewhat beastial. And there's a hint he may actually have gotten bigger: his "lightsaber" is actually a doubled Ambrosius without the spikes/fork at the end and glowing with energy. If each half of "Double Ambrosius" keeps the size of the original, then Examon X is freakin' HUGE.
    Last edited by Notus; 11-09-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I come from the net
    I don't know. Examon's lance is really bigger and longer than his body. And Examon X's weapon may be doubled height but so armor plate limbs as well while his body is still there "unchanged" in size. It's just throwing me off. Impossible to compare unless if the artbook will reveal both forms of Examon at size comparison.

Rapidmon X's Holy Rings... I wonder if it's still there? It didn't resembles of Holy ring....

Is it really safe to play with "Love" gel? Hmm

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Prefer the unused design for Examon. It looks regal and imposing like a true Dragon king! The official one looks like it's midway evolving from Slayerdramon. It is probably the most disappointing RK X form, the blue halo on top makes the whole thing look cheaper.

I'm still not very fond of Gankoomon-X as much as the original. I thought it would grow on me but nah. The original's personality and uniqueness ( The body suit, the sandals, the jacket, the cool ultra special dragon spirit) is replaced by a generic street fighter resembling DeathMeramon.

The concept art of his attack is cool though, as is that back tattoo

I come from the net
    The two new pieces of art sure are something. Rapidmon X sure looks like an X Digimon. And fun happy giant teddy bear thing. Sure.

when they inevitably give the Olympos XII X antibodies, they should explain that they acquired it on purpose in order to go to the Digital World 1 and fight Yggdrasill

Also, I'm a huge fan of Monzaemon X. I just love looking at it and all its colors
    Last edited by SparkGold; 11-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    The original's personality and uniqueness ( The body suit, the sandals, the jacket, the cool ultra special dragon spirit) is replaced by a generic street fighter resembling DeathMeramon.
    ? Gankoomon X's body suit is actually upgraded. The dragon spirit is still there just transformed into Yakuza tattoo plus japanese writing(?) shown on the bare skin which is why he took out the jacket (I want to see him wear that jacket....). But he does seem like it's video game street fighter but I'm sure the Ultimate Fist technique is simply new attack and he still have same old techniques. And personality? Well he just revived and that's all we know it but Jesmon X's personality is still same. Probably Gankoomon X is still haven't changed. I think the weirdest thing is, the sandals didn't get upgraded! It looked the same to me.

What Olympus XII armor??

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Oh nice, so Hinakamui become a dragon tattoo huh? Now that justifies losing the signature coat.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    The final design is also a "mecha suit" too. It's just less obvious and more stream-lined than the other concept. You can see that the knees are too high if the legs are supposed to actually be that long. You can also see his original hands on the shoulders.
    Nah, they changed it between the latter sketch and the final artwork. By the final it’s clear they’re his legs, they’re his organic feet (compare to the square, mechanical look of the feet in the sketch), and the hands on the shoulders are just ornaments. They might’ve taken their inspiration from the original concept of him as a mech suit, but that’s been abandoned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast