With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X3 Preview Video, Concept Art, Plus New Profiles & Large Art for More Digimon

X3 Preview Video, Concept Art, Plus New Profiles & Large Art for More Digimon

A few different things today...

With pre-orders closing for the Digimon X3 in roughly a month, they're showing off even more things, so we have a few different updates today.

First up, a preview video featuring Victory Uchida and Pinch Hitter Kumadai.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In the video Uchida declares that if he wins a V-Pet battle, he wants more info, and he wins.

Kumadai pulls out early drawings of Gankoomon X and Examon X.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

These are early concepts, before the designs were finalized into the ones we've become familiar with recently.

Gankoomon X was pretty close to his final X design early on, but Examon X had a number of changes, most notably making him slimmer and giving him a look more akin to a knight (along with various detailing bits.)

Examon overall looks to have had some of the more interesting changes from early to final design, with it almost appearing that he was part of a larger body and perhaps could have separated from it?

Some interesting looks at the 2 Digimon who were chosen for the packaging of the X3 (along with being the last Royal Knights to get X forms.)

On top of that, we have better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus a few new short profiles!

First up is Rapidmon X.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The X-antibody drew out the power of the Digimental of Fate, enabling them to constantly activate Ultimate level power. The armor on both arms and back change into Armed Arms with which they unleash various attacks in succession

Then we get the same for Monzaemon X!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The love that's overflowing within their body manifests into heart-shaped Lovely Gel filled with more hearts. Digimon who are drawn by their cuteness are pleased when Monzaemon X plucks Lovely Gel and hands it to them.

We also get higher resolution art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Dynasmon X, Magnamon X, Sleipmon X, ULForceV-dramon X, and Gaioumon! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!

Thanks to onkei for the translations!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    ZEUS THRIST THAT EXAMON X GOT MECHA SUIT? Shame it would be that instead of Knight body.... THAT AXE LANCE IS AWESOME not that dual lightsaber....

So that is what it look like at Gankoomon X's back? YAKUZA KNIGHT? Ehh? But I like that flaming wings!

But no concept arts of LordKnightmon X, Jesmon X, Craniummon X or Sleipmon X? C'mon

I have to say, I like that second concept for Examon better then the final design. It does go in a more knightly direction, but it takes it to a place that I feel does more justice to his original concept then what we ended up getting. Turning his extra wings into a mech, while a little overplayed with Digimon, is more clever since it draws from a design element that was present in the original, and making it so that the mech design has him stand on it similar to a throne calls back to his "Dragon Emperor" title. It also doesn't unnecessarily ditch the Gunlance (which apparently also doubles as a Charge Axe) and still gives him a larger scale in comparison to the other knights around him since the 'knight' body is large compared to his actual one. It feels more like a proper merging of his original concept and his status as a Royal Knight, and while I do still have some critiques on it I ultimately would've been happier with it.

That early Examon X design that almost looks like it is wearing stilts is so goofy! I like how it has a lance still though.

I come from the net
    Taking a closer look at Examon X's mecha suit. I think that mecha suit isn't good for most battles. It got the control stick orbs so it'll slow its battle performance and quick reflexes/movement. And he is wearing... Extra wings as mecha legs with shoelaces. So... Where is the control for legs?

But admittedly, it does look awesome. That axe lance should replace over dual lightsaber.

Examon X's thinner body was chosen but it looked so much better before the color. Oh well weird...

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    ZEUS THRIST THAT EXAMON X GOT MECHA SUIT? Shame it would be that instead of Knight body....
    The final design is also a "mecha suit" too. It's just less obvious and more stream-lined than the other concept. You can see that the knees are too high if the legs are supposed to actually be that long. You can also see his original hands on the shoulders.

The most misleading part is that they made the prosthetic hands and feet scaly red, instead of metallic white, for the final official artwork.

I come from the net
    I went back to see Examon X's pic to compare and realized he got "hands" and "feet" on his shoulders/thighs at closer look. But it seemed like X Antibody gave him longer arms and legs to be same size as his large wings which made him less impressive...

But it does feel like Examon X is wearing... Uh... Armor stilts?

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I dunno, I kind of prefer the version where the extra armor is made from extra wings.

I like the Examon concept art! The Gankoomon stuff is take it or leave it. And great to get some old stuff in high res. Dynasmon X, in particular, definitely benefits from that extra level of detail.

I like the examon we got, thank the heaven they did not go with that ugly as armor design.

With that said, gankoomon x is probably my most fave royal knight x form design hr just looks soooooooo cool.

The guy was able to throw ogudomon to space, wonder what he is capable of now in his x form, judging by the pick he can send powerful shock wave by stomping the ground.
    Last edited by Ragnalord; 11-08-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast