With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Tailmon->Examon. Canon?

Ain't got no mojo...

Tailmon->Examon. Canon?

I know that all games, cards, and anime evolutions are canon, but... this one seems really ridiculous.

Is it canon?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It's canon in All-Star Rumble. After Tailmon/Angewomon defeats Examon in the story mode, she gains Examon as an alternate evolution.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    It's canon in All-Star Rumble. After Tailmon/Angewomon defeats Examon in the story mode, she gains Examon as an alternate evolution.
    Is all-star rumble canon though? I mean, Examon is supposed to be the 2nd largest digimon, and here he's as big as angewomon.

So you're telling me Angewomon->Examon is also legit? Seems really, really weird. There's nothing draconic in tailmon or angewomon. But then again Holydramon is a dragon.

I mean at least piyomon makes a little sense since Examon digivolves from Megadramon which digivolves from Airdramon and Birdramon who are both Piyomon's evolutions. But tailmon???
    Last edited by someonenoone11; 11-05-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    All-Star Rumble was made by Prope, who also made Adventure PSP, and was published by Bandai USA/EU. It didn't release in Japan but neither do a lot of products, include some other games.

In addition to all this though, Habu was the producer of the game, in which he also did Lost Evo, Super Xros Wars, Adventure PSP, ReDigitze, Decode, Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, Next Order PS4, and the upcoming Survive. So it was a Japanese made game for western fans, they just skipped Japan for whatever reason (which is funny, as Bandai actually did say they planned to release it in Japan later in the year when it came out)

Angewomon -> Examon techincally doesn't count as canon though since during battle you choose either to be Angewomon or Examon, rather than Angewomon -> Examon

Hououmon -> Examon can be considered canon though, as in Decode the girl with Hououmon uses a evolution crystal on her Houomon which causes her Hououmon to temporarily become Examon.
    Last edited by Muur; 11-05-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yeah, you really have to define what you mean by "canon." Canonicity is fluid in the Digimon franchise.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Yeah, you really have to define what you mean by "canon." Canonicity is fluid in the Digimon franchise.
    If a digivolution happens in adventure 1 (greymon->skullgreymon) then it's possible in every single other anime, manga, video game, etc. even though it is not shown.

I doubt digimon does something like "it's only valid in anime1 and it's not valid in anime2" or stuff like that. Or retcons.

So my thinking was, if it happened once in whatever canon media, then it can happen in every media, we just don't see it. So it doesn't matter if the digivolution happened in XROS, or CS, or whatever. It's a canon evolution.

But it seems all star rumble has just as much legitimacy as digimon dusk, world championship, cyber sleuth, etc. so I guess tailmon->Examon is a real thing that can happen to any tailmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Angewomon -> Examon techincally doesn't count as canon though since during battle you choose either to be Angewomon or Examon, rather than Angewomon -> Examon

Yes it does. You have Agumon->WarGreymon changing to Agumon->Omegamon. Since WarGreymon->Omegamon, by this logic Angewomon->Examon.
    Also Shoutmon-> X4, Shoutmon->X5B
    And Veemon->ExVeemon, Veemon->ImperialdramonFM
    And Guilmon->WarGrowlmon, Guilmon->Dukemon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_All-Star_Rumble

Find one "Super" form that isn't an evolution of the "Digivolved" form. : )
    Last edited by someonenoone11; 11-05-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    I am not entirely happy with the tone of some of these posts. I strongly suggest the tone changes, otherwise there will be consequences.

If Tailmon can become Holydramon then I don't see why it can't also become Examon.

Junior Commander
    Do the creators of the various games, animated series etc care enough about what has happened in other installments of the franchise to even be concerned with doing things canonically? I'd argue that the only two measures of some relative canonicity across the franchise are popularity/exposure and at a stretch the default originally intended relationships. The rest is mere speculation/head-canon on our part that is just as likely to be proven right or disproved time and again with every new release.