With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Fusion leaving Netflix on December 1st

Digimon Fusion leaving Netflix on December 1st

Another one down...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Netflix has put up a notice on their Digimon Fusion page that it will be gone on December 1st.

Availability for Digimon shows via streaming have changed heavily this year with various contracts ending reducing options for the first four shows to Appmon showing up on Crunchyroll with only a bit of warning.

At the moment it isn't clear if this is timed with the end of the residual Saban Brands rights for Fusion, or just the end of the initial deal they made with Netflix to stream the show.

It doesn't appear this affects the subtitled Xros Wars and Hunters on Crunchyroll (for now) but it might be worth rewatching them over the next month just in case.

This is a little more than a year after Seasons 1 thru 4 vanished from Crunchyroll and iTunes.

And none of this has affected tri., which was licensed out separately and is still widely available, and is even on sale on Blu-ray right now at Amazon. (Affiliate link)

Fusion (and Data Squad) are still available to purchase digitally from a number of storefronts for anyone who wants digital copies: (Amazon ones are affiliate links, others are not.)
    Digimon Fusion Season 1 at Amazon
    Digimon Fusion Season 2 at Amazon
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at Amazon (Labeled as Season 1)
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at Amazon (Labeled as Season 2)
    Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 1 at iTunes
    Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 2 at iTunes
    Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 1 at iTunes
    Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 2 at iTunes
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at iTunes
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at iTunes
    Digimon Fusion Season 1 at Google Play
    Digimon Fusion Season 2 at Google Play
    Digimon Data Squad at Google Play
    Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 101)
    Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 102)
    Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 201)
    Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 202)
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 501)
    Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 502)

All the Digimon TV DVDs are still orderable at Amazon at the moment: (affiliate links)
    Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
    Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)
    Digimon Season 3 (Tamers)
    Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)
    Digimon Season 1 thru 4 Boxset
    Digimon Data Squad
    Digimon Fusion Season 1
    Digimon Fusion Season 2
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Oh damn. As if Netflix wasn't dead enough to me when they removed the first three series and Futurama, they do this.

Wasn't the first four series still available on Hulu or is that going to be removed? I believe it's still possible to get Data Squad (Savers) and Fusion (Xros Wars) through Google Play/Youtube, but can't rely on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenrji View Post
    Wasn't the first four series still available on Hulu or is that going to be removed? I believe it's still possible to get Data Squad (Savers) and Fusion (Xros Wars) through Google Play/Youtube, but can't rely on that.
    1 thru 4 vanished from Hulu awhile ago. 1, 2, and 4 are still accessible on Hulu if you subscribe to Starz via Hulu (and are on Starz if you subscribe.)

For Fusion and Data Squad I added the Google Play purchase links (which is accessible from Youtube as you mentioned) along with the Microsoft store ones, on top of Amazon and iTunes for anyone who wants to nab them digitally before they potentially vanish.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Don't blame Netflix, blame Saban Brands.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Saban Brands closed July 2, 2018 and its assets were acquired by Hasbro.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    Did they dub the final arc yet?

Mmm, shame. But given that they obviously don't have any intention of dubbing the last season, it's not the end of the world. At least we have Crunchyroll adding things...

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCorp View Post
    Did they dub the final arc yet?
    It'll basically never be dubbed into English. (Not counting Asian English, as there IS an Asian English dub)

Anyway, this is unfortunate.

Ain't got no mojo... Kevin the Geek's Avatar
    Add Kevin the Geek on Facebook Visit Kevin the Geek's Youtube Channel
    Well, this is unfortunate. I've heard some rumors that this could be happening because New Video Group might have lost the license to the various Digimon series.

I'm glad I have the first 5 seasons on DVD. I couldn't get into Xros Wars, so I won't be buying it. However, I'll admit that Ben Diskin was awesome as Shoutmon!
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

I come from the net
    Sad but hey, maybe we can ask Hasbro if they would like to do something. Maybe a Digimon DVD set? Maybe add in parts that we're missing? ...Maybe we'd have to buy a lot of merch for that? heh heh Really though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast