With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Digimon Survive Story Information

More Digimon Survive Story Information

A bit of an update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Now that Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition is out, we're hopefully at the beginning of getting more and more Survive details.

Today we have some story updates that ties into both recent info from Famitsu, along with the intro animation.

The intro animation for anyone who wants to re-watch it before reading.

The story info expands and clarifies various details that we've gotten going back a year or so, but has an especially heavy focus on the more recent details:
    The group in the intro are part of a multi-school extracurricular camping trip that studies history. Takuma Momozuka's group consists of his friend Minoru Hyuuga and Aoi Shibuya, who is one year older than the boys and from a different school.

They decide their project will be on "Kemonogami" (Beast God), which is a local-based-only religion, and visit the shrine that holds its rituals. The legend of the Beast God goes as far as the Kamakura period (as early as 1185). A powerful clan that lived back in those days borrowed the power of a god, who lived in the mountains and was similar in appearance to a beast, to gain wealth, which earned its wrath so the clan was annihilated.

The locals were so afraid of the Beast God's anger that they gave their children to it as a ritual peace offering. Although this all happened long ago, whenever children enter the shrine that was used for this ritual even to this day, it's said that those children are spirited away.

On the morning of the 2nd day at their camp, the phenomenon approaches and Takuma, Minoru, and Aoi end up wandering into the world of this fading legend...

Nothing super different than what we've seen previously, but it does expand on various things and also puts a few pieces together.

The Gamer article that gives the expanded story details also reiterates things we knew about the battle system (using 'energy' to evolve, evolving giving you advantages in fighting, etc.)

Thanks to onkei for the translation.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
    Digimon Survive for PS4
    Digimon Survive for Switch
    Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Oh I thought it's random wild Digimon took children for Digital adventure but I seriously doubt it's a digimon that destroyed the whole clan but it could be Virus type who loves to manipulate but the news said it got angry for unknown reasons maybe it's Data type. Or so... Yggdrasil? Or "Beast god" probably was long gone.

Yup nothing comes to my mind. But that's pretty dark legend. I think Survive's legend story will be just nothing but tiny incident in the past which I don't want that... Suspiciously that legend have so many theories I can think up of. Glad Survive news are still continuing instead of waiting for every month. It pleases me well

I'm a Maniac
    Itís still so weird how they retconned Digimon from being programs invented by humans accidentally in the 1980s and 1990s into literal ancient gods and demons. Whereas years ago Lucemon was merely data on Lucifer that came to life, now heís literally Satan.

It definitely feels a bit different, connecting Digimon to the worship of Kami.

I wonder how deep this is going to go... :O

in the gamer article mark linked into there are some gameplay screenshots at the bottom are they new? because i don't remember some of these mons being confirmed to be in the game yet

I'm a Maniac
    I hope the secondary charactersí partners, like obscure Labramon and classic Falcomon, will be other forgotten Digimon from the same era: Leormon, Commandramon, Kokabuterimon, Swimmon, Bearmon , Koemon, Kotemon and the like.

I wonder how many new Digimons this game will introduce. Will it be usual 4 (Rookie to Mega), or maybe more? Or maybe none?
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Huh I think Aoi being from a different school is new info. Cool they were able to make friends with someone like that. Or maybe it's just me who can't lol. I guess it explains about Saki, she's from a different school too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    I wonder how many new Digimons this game will introduce. Will it be usual 4 (Rookie to Mega), or maybe more? Or maybe none?
    HM only added one new Mon.

Habu has said before though he likes making new dudes for new games, so we'll get at least one I assume.

Yeah, Hudiemon.

Most likely that Kemonogami will become a Kemonogamimon. So maybe that 100 available Digimons won't be that sad if he will add some new dudes and evolution lines.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by shaikgb View Post
    in the gamer article mark linked into there are some gameplay screenshots at the bottom are they new? because i don't remember some of these mons being confirmed to be in the game yet
    Just looked, yes they are new screenshots.

So new Digimon confirmed:

Monzaemon
    Deramon (Floramon? prob not since it's an enemy mon)
    Dobermon (Assuming this is Labramon's Champion form based on the context of the image)

That brings us to 21 Digimon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast