With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Digimon Survive Story Information

I come from the net
    Increased one more reason to buy Survive: Dobermon.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    Itís still so weird how they retconned Digimon from being programs invented by humans accidentally in the 1980s and 1990s into literal ancient gods and demons. Whereas years ago Lucemon was merely data on Lucifer that came to life, now heís literally Satan.
    Iíd be pleased as punch if they took this in the direction of an actual KamakuraĖperiod beast god digimon, but itís entirely possible that itís just a modern portal to the Digital World sucking children in, and the fact that itís near the site of Mediśval human sacrifices could be either coincidence, or a similarity that caused the portal to manifest there without any actual beast god being involved.

But man I hope itís human sacrifice.

I'm a Maniac
    Didnít they say that they were going to try to avoid Cyborg and Machine Digimon to fit with the Digimon as Nature Kami narrative? If that is the case, I wonder if weíre getting new Greymon Perfect and Ultimate forms given that nearly all of those turn Greymon into Cyborgs or Metal Empire Digimon . . .

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Didnít they say that they were going to try to avoid Cyborg and Machine Digimon to fit with the Digimon as Nature Kami narrative? If that is the case, I wonder if weíre getting new Greymon Perfect and Ultimate forms given that nearly all of those turn Greymon into Cyborgs or Metal Empire Digimon . . .
    We already saw MetalGreymon. And Agumon turning into him as well.

and they said they will include Digimon that fit the setting, nothing about not including robots.

Minor trivia:

If you dont count the three Korean games that weren't released in Japan and appearances as a collectable card/medal this is Dobermon's video game debut (same for Labramon and OG Falcomon)

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

and they said they will include Digimon that fit the setting, nothing about not including robots.

Minor trivia:

If you dont count the three Korean games that weren't released in Japan and appearances as a collectable card/medal this is Dobermon's video game debut (same for Labramon and OG Falcomon)
    Labramon, Falcomon, and Agumon are all known for having expansive branching evolution families that retain their themes which might be why they were picked . . .

Hopefully they get models for the next Story entry. Iím loving Cybersleuth but missing a lot of lesser known Digimon (like the the Pendulum era Digimon from Digimon World 2.)

I come from the net
    I hope "ghosts" in the classroom in the trailer we seen who were singing that "creepy song" better be connected with that old legend to tell us the whole story.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

Minor trivia:

Labramon, Falcomon, and Agumon are all known for having expansive branching evolution families that retain their themes which might be why they were picked . . .

Hopefully they get models for the next Story entry. Iím loving Cybersleuth but missing a lot of lesser known Digimon (like the the Pendulum era Digimon from Digimon World 2.)
    You and me both. I'm hoping anything in Survive is also carried over to the next Story game. Whilst OG Falcomon is a recolour (technically 2006 is, but at this point the original is what will count as recolour like Blue MetalGreymon) since he's now shown up here, I want him in the next game now. Plus we do have a lack of Bird Digimon. We have Biyomon, Hawkmon, and 2006 Falcomon and that's about it, so he can help balance I guess.

Ain't got no mojo... DarkMoon250's Avatar
    Itís still so weird how they retconned Digimon from being programs invented by humans accidentally in the 1980s and 1990s into literal ancient gods and demons. Whereas years ago Lucemon was merely data on Lucifer that came to life, now heís literally Satan.
    It wasn't Satan's fault for his falling, it was just part of his digivolution line! ;p

It's not so much a retcon as it's just this world's version. Every game/movie/manga/etc. is its own universe with its own rules, and digimon enforces this pretty strongly. So while digimon in most universes can still be considered to have been created when the first digital technology came to exist (or at least were first able to make contact, depending on the universe), this just happens to be one where they already were around, seemingly. There could always be unsynchronized time shenanigans going on, which is my personal headcanon to explain them still being "digital" monsters and such.

The more I read about Survive, the more convinced I become that this beast god is related to the Four Holy Beasts. They always were more morally grey figures, so they would fit well with the idea of helping humans in the past, but then turning on them when they felt the humans exploited them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast