With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Social Art and Reference Book Updates!

Digimon Social Art and Reference Book Updates!

Time for a few more X-Antibody Digimon updates

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up for pre-order we get another big reference book update, but first, a quick update from the Digimon Twitter account from last night.

We got the higher resolution art of Hououmon X, plus a short profile (the reference book update has a longer one, but while we wait on a translation of that, a quicky one of the short one.)

With 12 holy rings it gives forth tremendous holy power. It is covered in the largest firewall and doesn't tolerate any viruses.

We also got larger art of Plesiomon X.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Onto the reference book update stuff itself! Most of these we already have higher resolution art of, so when possible we are including those over the small reference book versions.

Translations for the new stuff to come shortly hopefully!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hououmon X (art up above)
    Angewomon X
    Cherubimon X (Virtue)
    Cyberdramon X
    Diablomon X
    Wizarmon X
    Duftmon X
    Dynasmon X
    Justimon X
    Ophanimon X
    RizeGreymon X
    Siesamon X

More to come!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    It's cool that Ophanimon-X's shoulder blades combine to form her Eden's Lance! Excited for the full translations!

I'm going digital
    Great to see the full profiles for all of these, especially the long-awaited Diablomon X profile.

For the most part, the important sections have already been revealed in the shortened profiles on the Twitter. The Eden's Lance is a nice detail. Cyberdramon's laser-tail is reminiscent of the Xros Wars variant (i.e. the Cyber Launcher), but could just as likely be a coincidence as laser-tails aren't exactly unique.

They really focus on the eye-theme with Diablomon X. I think I've figured out where all the 12 eyes are located (I don't think the regular yellow eyes count, but the gem on the forehead could be the special 13th eye). There are 2 on its shoulders, 2 on its chest, 1 on its collar, 2 on its knees, 1 on its tail, 4 on the palms of its hands (according to the concept).
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 10-28-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Considering we already have DarkKnightmon X and OmegaShoutmon X has been name-dropped, it's possible that Cyberdramon is meant to be a mix of both the original and Fusion versions.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post

They really focus on the eye-theme with Diablomon X. I think I've figured out where all the 12 eyes are located (I don't think the regular yellow eyes count, but the gem on the forehead could be the special 13th eye). There are 2 on its shoulders, 2 on its chest, 1 on its collar, 2 on its knees, 1 on its tail, 4 on the palms of its hands (according to the concept).
    I think those are the eyes too. As for the 13th one, I think it's hidden inside its chest (underneath the armor that looks like teeth, it could open like a mouth)

Rewind Abyss 13th is no doubt one of the coolest techniques I have seen in Digimon in a while. I'm undecided whether I like the name or preferred the concept art one tho (13 Eyes: The End)
    Last edited by Kazuma; 10-28-2019 at 10:02 PM.

I come from the net
    Rewind Abyss 13th reminded me of .Hack//GU Divine Awakening for Haseo in Xth form.

Wow Diablomon X's profile actually came?! Cyberdramon X's profile before the full image? Wut?

Can't wait to read their new attacks and X antibody effects of Siesamon X, Ofanimon X, Angewomon X, Justimon X, Cyberdramon X, Diablomon X, Cherubimon X, Wizarmon X, RizeGreymon X and Duftmon X(?)

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    The tail might have one on each side? Otherwise the forehead eye might count.
    Last edited by The Golux; 10-28-2019 at 10:28 PM.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Considering we already have DarkKnightmon X and OmegaShoutmon X has been name-dropped, it's possible that Cyberdramon is meant to be a mix of both the original and Fusion versions.
    Gasp... After RizeGreymon X, and Impmon X/Wizarmon X even Tamer trio partners, I think you may be right. Tch I really wanted the original Cyberdramon to X form...

Look like Sparrowmon is excluded eh?

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma View Post
    As for the 13th one, I think it's hidden inside its chest (underneath the armor that looks like teeth, it could open like a mouth)
    The cover illustration for the artbook already depicts Diablomon X's chest opening. There's no eye in there. Of course, Watanabe wasn't the original designer of it, so it could be a misinterpretation. It's also possible the 13th eye is just a metaphysical concept; it's not physically on Diablomon X's body, like GranDracmon's Eye of the Gorgon attack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golux View Post
    The tail might have one on each side? Otherwise the forehead eye might count.
    I thought about that too, but the math just doesn't add up if the tail has 2. The other 11 other eyes are all accounted for, so it's physically impossible for the tail to have 2. It's also impossible for both sides of the tail to be facing forwards during the Rewind Abyss 13 attack, which seems to be the intention.
    The forehead isn't styled like an eyeball like the rest of them. All of them are circular spheres inside an "eye-socket." The forehead is just a crystal, like the crystals at the base of its horns, so it's not like the 12 regular eyes.

It's also interesting to note that according to the concept, during the Rewind Abyss 13 attack; Diablomon positions himself in a circular formation with all eyes facing forwards (including the extra hands), and his ponytail acts as a clock-hand while his head rotates around the collar.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 10-28-2019 at 10:34 PM.

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    for a hidden one, inside the mouth on its chest maybe?

edit: looks like I'm late --_--

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast