With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Social Art and Reference Book Updates!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The Meramons have Dragon's Roar as their support ability. Doesn't make them dragons.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    The Meramons have Dragon's Roar as their support ability. Doesn't make them dragons.
    Why are your posts always sooo un-ordinary

I come from the net
    Well shoot... Then I pray for Zhuqiaomon X to have that revival technique... OR not.

Ugh unbelievable but still she got really good design.

I'm going digital
    Zhuqiaomon is based on the Vermillion Bird, a separate creature distinct from both the phoenix and the fenghuang/hou-ou.

I come from the net
    Argh I still don't understand Hououmon X. Hououmon can revive one ally in DW2. And that effect prevents instant death in Cyber Sleuth series!
    -_- Honestly those fiery birds....

I'm going digital
    They are commonly conflated with the Western phoenix due to superficial similarities, like Western dragons with Eastern dragons; but as mentioned, the similarities are primarily superficial. They're just fiery birds; everything else about them are completely different.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I think it's supposed to be seen as part Phoenix as well, since they DID say its one in Hacker's Memory due to its ability. It can be based on more than one thing. There's phoenix links in there.

I guess Habu or whoever put that ability could've got confused just like everyone else... but I'd just argue that it also takes ques from the Phoenix.

I come from the net
    Hm I see. I guess all 01 Digimon partners didn't have any special name origins but only Patamon and Plotmon are standing out cuz of Great Archangels.

It seems Great Archangels with X antibodies to have spiritual or supportive aura to affect the opponents varies from purifying to calming effects but they have no names for those.

I was hoping Great Archangels with X antibodies ensures their Angel Law effects to screw the concepts or something like SGDL with X forms' Sin crests.
    Anybody disappointed with Great Archangels with X forms didn't gain similar Ultimate techniques like Sin crests and Super Ultimate Battle weapons?

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Chapter 22 at least mentions Seraphimon...sigh

I'm sure we'll see Seraphimon X, the vpets seem to be selling well and we know non X vpets can add new X Digimon. He was on the poll.

For now I think Clavis Angemon is a fitting stand in and Ophanimon X and Cherubimon X make a great trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I think it's supposed to be seen as part Phoenix as well, since they DID say its one in Hacker's Memory due to its ability. It can be based on more than one thing. There's phoenix links in there.

I guess Habu or whoever put that ability could've got confused just like everyone else... but I'd just argue that it also takes ques from the Phoenix.
    Speaking of that I love the contrast between Hououmon's X Antibody evolutions so much.(It's a version exclusive counterpart to Tailmon.) Mechanical as'maria jet pterodactyl to stand in for Birdramon (who is a dramon because its a pterodactyl type dinosaur I think?) to masculine Native American Hindu creature to feminine phoenix/houou that was inspired by Osama Tezuka's phoenix. I think Hououmon X might be my favourite in the X3 which I am surprised by. It's just a great mash up of mythology, culture from 3 different great artists.
    Last edited by flintlock; 10-29-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast