With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data types increasing lately

Considering how historically overlooked Data types are, I think this is a great turn of events. One thing I do tend to like about Data types is the wide variety in their designs, so more are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Notus View Post
    I don't know about stats, but the NX digimons are 6 memory, at least in Complete Edition.
    Champion stats

edit: I meant LM
    Ok, I was a bit confused. I didn't get any of the mode changing mons in CS yet, but maybe the LM classification is due to mechanics? I heard the mode changes can be done freely at the Digilab, but don't know the exact workings of it.

And looking at the list, Beelzebumon BM is also 25 memory and "only" Mega, which is weird as he's closer to an "evolution mode", like Dukemon Crimson Mode, who is Ultra in-game. Is he another free mode changer?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I don't know about stats, but the NX digimons are 6 memory, at least in Complete Edition.
    Champion stats

edit: I meant LM
    Ok, I was a bit confused. I didn't get any of the mode changing mons in CS yet, but maybe the LM classification is due to mechanics? I heard the mode changes can be done freely at the Digilab, but don't know the exact workings of it.

And looking at the list, Beelzebumon BM is also 25 memory and "only" Mega, which is weird as he's closer to an "evolution mode", like Dukemon Crimson Mode, who is Ultra in-game. Is he another free mode changer?
    No, you evolve into him like CM

And what you theorised isn't it either as Belphemon SM becomes RM through mode change and switches from Mega to Ultra and gains three memory upon doing so

Beelzemon BM and Leopardmon LM have Ultra stats but arent listed as Ultras for... reasons.

I can't speak for the games, but are there no Ultra/Super Ultimates in the Reference Book itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Considering how historically overlooked Data types are, I think this is a great turn of events. One thing I do tend to like about Data types is the wide variety in their designs, so more are always welcome.
    Agreed. I feel like a lot of the visually appealing Digimon that are created tend to lean towards the angelic/demonic ends of the spectrum and thus towards Vaccine/Virus, while Data sometimes gets overlooked. I wonder if this is because they're trying to expand into Data being more of a neutral attribute that can accommodate more "grey area" themes instead.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    I can't speak for the games, but are there no Ultra/Super Ultimates in the Reference Book itself?
    Super Ultimates aren't really a thing outside of certain contexts. They're just an amorphous subcategory of Ultimate, which is how the Reference Book treats them.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    I wonder if this is because they're trying to expand into Data being more of a neutral attribute that can accommodate more "grey area" themes instead.
    Well what about "Free" attribute? It's shown on Digimon Book References.... I find it really hard to judge. Unknown attributes are obviously involved with Keramon's line and Apocalymon (And anything related to him like Meicoomon's line) who have unknown origin/births.

How is this "wide variety" in your viewpoint, I'm curious?

I think this influx is very welcome. While looking on Cyber Sleuth's digimon list I was a bit surprised the only Data type Ultra was Examon. Then I started looking for possible candidates and GraceNovamon came to mind... and then I checked and it is Vaccine type. :/
    Examon is kinda of a special case. He was suppose to had a evolution line, saporated from the blue and green Coredramon. I think it was suppose to be a gold version. It never became flotation, so they decide to just combine the mega of the two lines, into Examon.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I come from the net
    Yeah That gold version of evo line, Data type for Examon. Examon got all jewelry over his whole body. I think Dracomon will never have that gold version in the light ever... At all eternity. Because Examon is moved as the new jogress for Slayerdramon and Breakdramon.

I think unused concept arts may have more Data types than we thought. Maybe... Because they looked less impressive in their views?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12