With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short Profile for RizeGreymon X & Large Art for More Digimon

Short Profile for RizeGreymon X & Large Art for More Digimon

More profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones! Today we get a short profile for a Digimon we first saw lower resolution art of when the X3 went up for pre-order!

It's RizeGreymon X (art above.) This is a quicky translation that will be swapped out as time allows.

The emblem heralding the sun shines on both wings and energy is overflowing from everywhere. The Trident Revolver has changed to a bayonet, and the slashing technique "Zan Thrust" is outstanding with it's sharpness.

We also get higher resolution art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Doruguremon, Hisyaryumon, Holydramon X, Grademon, and Omekamon! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

That's a strange one... I do like the references to other Greymon forms on the design but the one ting that throws me off in a big way is how bizarrely thin and twisty they made his non-armor parts. If he didn't have abs you'd think his biological body had atrophied under all that armor but unless the full profile makes a point of that I don't think it's the intention. It makes the legs look off too. it looks more like a Megadramon style legless dragon Digimon that got some legs randomly stuck on him.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Yeah I feel ya, but itís a nice reference to the uncannily humanoid design of Shine Greymon. As ever, I love when Xevolutions act as a sort of half-evolution by hinting at the next (natural) form, in this case the little solar semicircle around the cylinder, reminiscent of the hilt of the Geo Grey Sword. Whatís with that weird hub on his shoulder with another Crest of Courage in it? Is that just part of the Trident Arm (which is now literally a trident)?

I'm going digital
    It's not just the circular decoration, the swords themselves are based on the GeoGrey Sword. And that's just a shoulder pad. Regular RizeGreymon only had a single shoulder pad on its gun arm too.

I come from the net
    Oh finally RizeGreymon X in full image! I'm still unsure what to pick Rise or Rize for now?

I'm worried about the trident gun's three burst bullets will it vanish or still kept it?

Anybody can point that below its feet, there is long glowing needle? Whose part is this?

I always imagined RizeGreymon X's gun turns into the giant railgun that shoots three times and metal helmet will resemble even more of scary shark.
    I didn't expect this RizeGreymon X gained some battle parts specifically for close combat: Glowing claws, Courage crest and Double Geo Grey Swords equipped on that gun. And roaring flame exhausts from those new holes look like it's glowing X antibody things at first look, which it's awesome but ShineGreymon does have that, too but it's only glowing glass gems.

I wonder why RizeGreymon X got that Susanoomon ring and similar to Alteros of MetalGreymon (Virus) X...

I'm a Maniac
    Risegreymon looks soo hot, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    That's a strange one... I do like the references to other Greymon forms on the design but the one ting that throws me off in a big way is how bizarrely thin and twisty they made his non-armor parts. If he didn't have abs you'd think his biological body had atrophied under all that armor but unless the full profile makes a point of that I don't think it's the intention. It makes the legs look off too. it looks more like a Megadramon style legless dragon Digimon that got some legs randomly stuck on him.

The proportions remind me of Andromon, which kind of makes sense because theyre bothncyborgs, or even Omegamon and probably a bunch of other Digimon. It'd be less weird to me if its abs werent exposed and more like other Digimon with tube bodies and skinny waists like Andromon. Although I guess Andromon is biomechanical so he might have skin under there too. Which is creepy and weird to think about too.

I like the Geo Grey Sword and other references too.

I think his shoulder might be a RaDom for the gun.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    It's not just the circular decoration, the swords themselves are based on the GeoGrey Sword.
    Well wouldja look at that! Gosh thatís neat.

And that's just a shoulder pad. Regular RizeGreymon only had a single shoulder pad on its gun arm too.
    Yeah but we see their analogues on Rise Greymon X, yet thereís this additional tumour-looking thing behind the left one.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    And that's just a shoulder pad. Regular RizeGreymon only had a single shoulder pad on its gun arm too.
    Yeah but we see their analogues on Rise Greymon X, yet thereís this additional tumour-looking thing behind the left one.
    I repeat, regular RizeGreymon only has a singular shoulder pad on its left gun arm. The right regular arm does not have a shoulder pad. That additional left shoulder armor on the X-Antibody is the aforementioned analogue. The smaller regular armor on both shoulders aren't analogues, just new additions, like the armor on the X-Antibody's legs.

Ain't got no mojo... Mild At Heart's Avatar
    I'm liking this design for RizeGreymon!
    Cute Justice Kick!
    Edit (my icon) made by flintlock!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast