With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Survive Preview from Weekly Famitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Mild At Heart View Post
    I think the kids are gonna encounter a cult, if they're gonna mention human sacrifices.
    I don’t think so. If the game starts out with them having to survive against wild Digimon, a random cult of weak squishy humans later down the line would be as threatening as a plastic bottle filled with scented cabbage.
    And anyways, the “Oh no we’ve run into a bunch of degenerate backwoods cultists” plot is more of a typically american horror trope anyway. A more probable take would be along the lines of human sacrifices really having been a thing of the past (or maybe there have never been sacrifices at all and just ancient people misinterpreting disappearances) but the spirits having become corrupted over time or something.

Even if it's only a little, this new info nourishes my soul.

Survive's story is shaping up to be really interesting~

I come from the net
    It could be such huge misunderstanding if "sacrifices"/spirited away will turn out as those children are actually went out with their destined Digimon partners on their newest adventures....

So the game is still alive and kicking. Nice to know. Knowing how Japanese RPGs are plot-wise twisted, I would say that it most likely will turn out that Takuma and the rest of the gang are the current human sacrifices and they must survive if they want to make it alive (lol).
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I come from the net
    Well that's an interesting plot. Wonder what's really happening here.

I'm a Maniac
    I'm not a fan how this game only has 100 digimon based on what I have heard, how many digimons are there again?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnalord View Post
    I'm not a fan how this game only has 100 digimon based on what I have heard, how many digimons are there again?
    Depending on how you count it (recolours, fusions, X forms etc), around 1500 (including Appmon)

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnalord View Post
    Depending on how you count it (recolours, fusions, X forms etc), around 1500 (including Appmon)
    Why I won't be buying it, also I don't see appmon as digimon.

I come from the net
    If it gets popular enough to release the next series of Survive, I hope it will increase greatly in the Digimon collection. Supporting heavily is all it needs for...

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I'm pretty sure around 100 Digimon was the number of obtainable species. I really don't think that's insufficient. It'd be a pain in the ass for everyone involved if there were more than that. It's a nice change of pace to have a game that's about storytelling more than catch-'em-all-ing.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast