With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: December V-Jump- Miku, Cyber Sleuth, ReArise, X3 (Cyberdramon X!), & 20th GEM Figure

  1. #11
    I come from the net Bartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,158
    I have to be honest, when I saw that image I initially didn't even recognize the design as Cyberdramon, I thought it was something completely different.

    I'm not sure how I feel about the design yet and I'm going to wait until we get a better picture before I judge, but I will say that the direction is pretty odd from what I can tell.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartz View Post
    I have to be honest, when I saw that image I initially didn't even recognize the design as Cyberdramon, I thought it was something completely different. I'm not sure how I feel about the design yet and I'm going to wait until we get a better picture before I judge, but I will say that the direction is pretty odd from what I can tell.
    Lol so did i at first in a way i kind of like designs like this when they're a lot more different then their orginal form but imo his design kinds of reminds me of the Eaters from digimon Cyber Sleuth mainly the lower half of his body.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,401
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think that, while the design is different from the original's, there's enough there to justify it. The heads with the two horns in the back are similar, they're both clad in rubber (according to the blurb there), the wings are similar, and the clear parts of the original design are referenced in the new features on the shoulders and thighs. It's not too dissimilar to the difference between MetalMamemon and its X-Antibody form.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  4. #14
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    917
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    For anyone wondering how Cyberdramon X's anatomy works:
    Image Thumbnail (custom)
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  5. #15
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    All talks about how Cyberdramon X look very insect-like. It's because of its whole body's cyborg skin transformed into the shiny shell of the insect. Nothing technology-like in there. No "man muscles" in the chest and arms. Only round shell shapes like the insect. Quite shiny.

    Eh? You say it did said that see-though glass parts are still there? wut? Uhh So much darkness in there!

  6. #16
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,401
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Ah, thanks, Chimera-gui, I missed the elbow blades somehow (even though I looked for them). Those are also borrowed from the original design.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  7. #17
    Junior Commander
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    382
    It's more like the opposite. The shiny smooth nature of the armor, together with the glowing accents, completely screams high-tech. You don't see modern phones and computers with rugged exposed machinery everywhere.

    Whether they're still see-through or not, the glowing circles on the thighs and shoulders are clearly a reference or nod towards the original Cyberdramon's exposed parts.

  8. #18
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    It does initially appear completely different, but looking closely, it does retain all of Cyberdramon's main features. Though it definitely overemphasizes Cyberdramon's main weapon, its claws. If the glowing lights were a dark red, like maroon, instead of that orange-yellow shade, it would probably look a lot more cohesive with regular Cyberdramon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I think that, while the design is different from the original's, there's enough there to justify it. The heads with the two horns in the back are similar, they're both clad in rubber (according to the blurb there), the wings are similar, and the clear parts of the original design are referenced in the new features on the shoulders and thighs. It's not too dissimilar to the difference between MetalMamemon and its X-Antibody form.
    On second thought and looking at it more closely I think you guys are right. I didn't even notice the thigh things. It's a really good redesign. I hope he gets posted to Twitter soon so we can see it better. His eyes behind the visor are from the original too.
    The claws remind me of Devimon too.

  9. #19
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    917
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Ah, thanks, Chimera-gui, I missed the elbow blades somehow (even though I looked for them). Those are also borrowed from the original design.
    Thank Pikuna, she was the one who highlighted the different body parts on Twitter.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  10. #20
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Cyberdramon X's full profile better explain... A lot. And every single of details on this whole appearance. Hope it kept Erase Claw because its animation in Tamers is too awesome and pretty unique for dimensional slicing attack over Xros version's weapon.

    Weird they never reveal any info or pics about Next lately.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •