With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: December V-Jump- Miku, Cyber Sleuth, ReArise, X3 (Cyberdramon X!), & 20th GEM Figure

December V-Jump- Miku, Cyber Sleuth, ReArise, X3 (Cyberdramon X!), & 20th GEM Figure

V-Jump time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The December issue of V-Jump is entirely updates to things we already knew about, but there are a few interesting bits.

This will just be a quick overview while we wait for better translations.

The first spread starts off with a look at various parts of the Miku collaboration.

Part 1 of the Miku content:
    Publicly display the collab illustration & sell goods!!
    Goods that have the cute collab art on it are being sold! You'll be able to purchase them at a shop in Osaka for a limited time. More details on the goods will be forthcoming!!
    Collab shop will be in Osaka, at the 2nd floor of Abeno Q's Mall (Shibuya 109 Abeno)
    Between October 19-November 14th. Afterwards in late November, they plan to open it in Fukuoka and Tokyo.
    Part 2 of the Miku content:
    Your work, made known to the world! The open application for non-professional submissions!!
    This project is broken down into two categories, the "MV & composition category" where you submit your arrangement of the song and video; the "Collab illust category" where you submit art of Digimon and Miku. This is your chance to have people of the world see your work!! Come participate as a member of the collab project!!
    "Butter-Fly~ Hatsune Miku version" MV & composition category- Add your own unique arrangements to the sound source of the "Butter-Fly" track that's been publicized and upload it to Youtube! If it's chosen, it could end up being recorded for the "Hatsune Miku Collab Composition CD" that's expected to be on sale in 2020.
    Collab illust category- Draw Digimon and Hatsune Miku together in an illustration and submit them! If your art is chosen, they will be turned into merch! Check the official website for submission instructions and rules.

The 2nd page of the spread shows off some giving some profile information on characters and antagonists of Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition on Switch (just titled Hacker's Memory in Japan), which has been released.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is currently available on Amazon: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

On to the next spread!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Most of this page is dedicated to ReArise, with a more specific focus on NoblePumpmon.

New Digimon will be continuously appearing! We'll be introducing to you the new developments for November!!
    New Event Side Story- There's a new side story that focuses on the humans and Digimon who appear in the main story. The first chapter will be about Nozomi and Pumpmon!!
    Nozomi Tamada- A hyperactive third grader. She quickly becomes friends with anyone.
    Pumpmon- Nozomi's partner who loves games and fun things.

NoblePumpmon- Pumpmon's ultimate form. He treats his friends to scrumptious pumpkin foods that he creates with the staff in his hand.

Royal Knights appear in ReArise as a special log-in bonus or in gacha. The story developments will also be connected to the Royal Knights.

We also get a bit showing off the Digimon X3, which is up for pre-order

The primary elements here are showing off 2 Digimon. Lopmon X we previously got a good look at, but the surprise here is Cyberdramon X. Following in the footsteps of the 2010 Xros redesign, Cyberdramon gets another interesting and unique redesign as Cyberdramon X, which has a sort of mechanical bee/wasp look to it. Hopefully we get higher resolution art soon to see more of it.

We have a translation of the short profile they give for Cyberdramon X:
    Their special rubber armor has stiffened to an even harder quality, to give them a more polished, beautiful appearance.

Last up is a small preview of the GEM Taichi & Agumon 20th Anniversary Figure, which is currently up to pre-order in both Japan and the US.

The other side of the second spread is non-Digimon content with 'Zillions of enemy X'

As mentioned above, hopefully more translations will follow shortly.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako for the images.

Update- Various bits above have been updated thanks to translations from onkei.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm divided on Cyberdramon X... On one hand, even on the some what low quality scan looks really great. The combination of dragon and insect features, the sleek metal frame, paired with over-the-top giant claws, the colors forming a nice yellow to red gradient, there's so many interesting contrasts and details about the design that make it just very impressive to look at. But I'm still a bit divided because... to be honest it really doesn't look much like Cyberdramon anymore. The main connections to the original design is that they are both very dark, have elongated head and the same number of wings. Everything else from the overall sillhuette to most details is just completely different that it would work almost better as its own separated design. There are some other more divergent X-evolutions out there but I don't think we've had anything this extreme before.

On the other side of the scale... NoblePumpmon. I was hoping that maybe the official Bandai Illustration would make the seemingly randomly assembled parts of the design look more cohesive. It kind of does but nowhere near enough to actually make it look good.
    Last edited by Theigno; 10-20-2019 at 03:44 AM.

That Cyberdramon X really doesn't look like a Cyberdramon isn't it? Its profile looks closer to Arcadiamon Child if you ask me. Maybe because of the pose though.

Yeah usually whenever designs diverged a lot they got new names, like DinoTigermon GrandisKuwagamon, Gaioumon, MedievalDukemon and ClavisAngemon. But I love it. Is it drawn by someone we havent seen before? I love seeing all the different artist's takes on X antibody redesigns. It feels like back in the day there were only 3 or maybe 4 main styles but now you never know what to expect. I didnt even expect them to revisit this in the first place. They'd look amazing in a videogame together. The only problem I have with it is that it's even harder to imagine it evolving into Justimon x than their regular forms but that not really something that matters in Digimon anyways.

I love NobelPumpmon a lot too now that I see his official art. I was kind of unsure how I felt when it was just his 3D model but that's how I feel about a lot of new Digimon. Digimon always had the best Halloween monsters I'm so happy Pumpmon has an ultimate now.

I come from the net
    NoblePumpmon's official artwork look so great and quite "evil". So he doesn't have the smoking pipe. Shame.

Cyberdramon X is... Well I'm saddened. Cyberdramon's appearance is way cooler than Xros version. That X form reminds me of Grimmon and Gundam 00's Susanawo.

Cyborg dragon then Alien dragon then Insect dragon? Normal one is superior. See-though glass armor is best.

Pegasmon X please be drawn by As'maria.

Three left to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk
    Pegasmon X please be drawn by As'maria.

Three left to go!
    I'm hoping Pegasmon X OS by As'Maria too. I always saw him and Nefertimon as a duo.

Just a thought but Meramon X is on the same colour as Cyberdramon X. Maybe the orange parts are supposed to tie into Meramon since he'a mostly orange fire? It could just be nothing and cool Tron lines though.

Meramon, OmegaShoutmon, and Pegasmon plus the unrevealed ones right? I'm so anxious to see them all.

I come from the net
    Correct. Meramon X, Pegasmon X, OmegaShoutmon X and two Unrevealed ones.

Yeah all Armors have to be drawn by As'Maria which is great for boosting Armor's popularity!

Cyberdramon X's appearance is somewhat like Hornet and Wasp combined. It look like it can evolve to GrandisKuwagamon in random evo topic.
    Hornet is pretty savage against poor Bees. Wasp is very cruel when it pierces their insect bodies and laying eggs then leave and their fates are like... Alien "hatching" style. If it's actually inspired from that, then I'm fine with it. X form is better than Xros for keeping the most traits of Cyberdramon like blade arms and Visor mask.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Yeah he looks very much like an armored insectoid instead of a Dragon. Reminds me of the TigerVespamon line too. :/

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Barely looks like Cyberdramon and also looks way too evil to be Cyberdramon. I did always think he should've Virus due to Milli.

I'm going digital
    It does initially appear completely different, but looking closely, it does retain all of Cyberdramon's main features. Though it definitely overemphasizes Cyberdramon's main weapon, its claws. If the glowing lights were a dark red, like maroon, instead of that orange-yellow shade, it would probably look a lot more cohesive with regular Cyberdramon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast