With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Profile for Ophanimon X & Cherubimon X (Virtue) & Large Art for More Digimon

Short Profile for Ophanimon X & Cherubimon X (Virtue) & Large Art for More Digimon

More profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones! Today we get a few short profiles involving a couple of Digimon that showed up in the most recent chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

First up is Ophanimon X (art above.) Both profiles are quicky ones that will be swapped out as time allows.

8 wings, shining like crystal. At first glance your heart will be filled with a gentle feeling it is said. An elegant figure standing on one wheel stands out.

Then we get the same for Cherubimon X (Virtue)!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Accumulating infinite light energy in it's abdomen, when Cherubimon hugs a Digimon with an evil heart, the evil spirit is replaced by light, and returns to being a digitama, from which a good Digimon is born.

We also get higher resolution art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Dorugamon, Ginryumon, Garudamon X, and CannonBeemon! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Finally translated. *Reads*

???

WTF it said 8 wings. So... It's official now?! Noooo... The iron rule of multiple angel wings = rank = power?!! ARGHH

Their X antibody effects would swap to each others... Remember how Ofanimon tried to purify Cherubimon Vice by calming him down?
    Ofanimon X should do that all purifying of Hug and Cherubimon X do that all calming down by just filling their hearts with gentle feelings to match their duties.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I think two of the wings have merged together and are the parts connected to the other eight.

But also, perhaps she's actually weaker from the X-Antibody rather than stronger like most other Digimon.
    Last edited by Muur; 10-17-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Junior Commander
    The hierarchy of wings is far from an iron-clad rule. Cherubimon, Clavis Angemon, Slash Angemon, Rasielmon, and several others are all not restricted to this. It's not even an originally-Digimon concept either. It's a popular concept in many media to have stronger angels having more pairs of wings. This is just a carry-over of that trope, that Bandai can choose to ignore or follow at their own discretion.

I come from the net
    Hmm it's true. Bandai wanted to tone down heavier details of X Antibody in the first place when X1 and other series released....

But some internet forums tend to view ClavisAngemon, SlashAngemon and others as "Low Rank" ones. Not sure about Cherubimon, probably unique case... Won't bother that ever again...

Rasielmon said to have same rank as Ofanimon despite only having one set of wings. However I feel like I need more new Angel digimon to "judge"...

Well... Maybe I'm favoring on this iron rule only because I view it as Great Archangels are absolute powers for Holy powers. Well I'm sorta Power type fan, you know DBZ fans with that... "Thing" in the whole internet to discuss only about the power levels...

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    But some internet forums tend to view ClavisAngemon, SlashAngemon and others as "Low Rank" ones.
    In traditional angelic hierarchies; Powers (SlashAngemon), Virtues (ClavisAngemon), and Dominions (Dominimon) do rank lower than Seraphs (Seraphimon), Cherubs (Cherubimon), and Ophans (Ophanimon, Rasielmon); but they still rank higher than Angels (Angemon) and Archangels (HolyAngemon, Angewomon).

I come from the net
    And "Throne"?

There are still tons of "Archangel" members left yet to reveal as New digimon.

Junior Commander
    Throne is interchangeable with Ophan, in terms of Christian angelology. It can be interpreted as just another name for Ophans, like Wheels or Galgallins.

I dont understand how people can take the amount of wings seriously at this point. They just do whatever they want.

The only time it was ever mentioned was in Angewomon's profile.

"As their trait, Adult angels have six wings, and Perfect angels have eight wings."
    And that doesn't even matter because Pidmon, Darcmon, Holy Angemon Priest mode, and Shakkoumon.

They just do whatever looks cool and Ophanimon was drawn by a different artist. Goddramon X loses wings too.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Anyway, I love Cherubimon's face and Ophanimon looks fairly elegant for riding a Solowheel Iota.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast