With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short Profile for Justimon X & Large Art for Various Digimon, Update- 2 More!

I come from the net
    New armor. I guess even Siesamon X lost the front horn but instead he got Sun Solar armor, he is starting to sound like he can evolve to Caturamon despite resembling to Lion-dog strongly.

So Kenji drew him. Huh what graceful artwork.

you guys make it seem like the Iron Man comparison is an insult and assume it's unintentional as even the Japanese fans make the comparison :x
    I'm not even a Marvel fan but it makes me love Justimon X's design even more, especially since it seems it's also a reference to heisei Riders, making it a very well pulled off reference to the US and Japanese action superhero genres simultaneously! I think these comparisons are a good thing and make the overall design very striking and memorable as well as a great homage to superhero culture overall

Quote Originally Posted by SparkGold View Post
    you guys make it seem like the Iron Man comparison is an insult and assume it's unintentional as even the Japanese fans make the comparison :x
    I'm not even a Marvel fan but it makes me love Justimon X's design even more, especially since it seems it's also a reference to heisei Riders, making it a very well pulled off reference to the US and Japanese action superhero genres simultaneously! I think these comparisons are a good thing and make the overall design very striking and memorable as well as a great homage to superhero culture overall
    I just can't see Ironman when I look at it besides being red. I can't even see his chest as gold it's biege or something? Am I colourblind lol?

We always had Ghost Rider(Death Meramon), Batman(Devimon), maybe The Human Torch(Meramon) and Spawn stuff (Skullgreymon and more) in Digimon. Kenji Watanabe said he was inspired by American comics for the style in general. There was a Superman parody character in the sega saturn game too.

I come from the net
    I'm not insulting on Justimon X's new color. Simply confused and wondering why. Hopefully the full profile may explain fully or not.

I only got disappointed with one thing from Justimon X. Swapping arm modes is all lost forever. I always dream of seeing Justimon X with three modes before X3.
    Accessing all modes at once is too epic and cool but it means you won't see Justimon X switch arm modes anymore. :/

I'm going digital
    They wouldn't be able to depict three different attack modes with the X3's LCD sprites in the first place. And they wouldn't just create 3 whole brand-new artworks for a single Digimon for a V-Pet, especially when they would only really use one artwork for promotional use (like when Justimon X was first revealed alongside Wizardmon X, Monzaemon X, etc..)

I come from the net
    What about Chaosmon and Justimon with their Arm modes In V-Pet?

I'm going digital
    Justimon did not debut in a V-Pet, nor was it ever in a V-Pet in the first place. The Digivice toys aren't V-Pets.

Chaosmon doesn't change modes. Valdur Arm is not a Mode Change, but a distinctly unique Chaosmon from the regular Chaosmon, like Omegamon Alter-S to regular Omegamon.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Plus they already had to list the three arm modes as separate profiles, which caused issues regarding Justimon's classification as a species, so I doubt they want a repeat of that.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    Oh? They didn't appear in V-pet?

UltimateChaosmon gave me that impression of how Chaosmon can change Arm because of those four jogressed partners. Like Megazord detach arm to other arm for swapping weapons.

Justimon's arm modes counts as species? Since when that happen? It's only mere separate profiles with same text summaries plus extra/alternative info for change modes or unique weapons to swap.

I have to like how Justimon's left hand is designed to be more robotic for the cannon. Or maybe I'm just finding it distracting? Hmm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast