With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon ReArise in the Midst of Launching, Update- Dub & Pumpkinmon Mega

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Game is coming to more countries after some maintenance
    What clock/time zones does it use?

(please be PST, please be PST...)
    It started an hour ago actually, so whatever timezone is currently in 11PM in the US. Google seems to indicate that's GMT-4
    EST, I guess that's good too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiKing Tamer View Post
    Oof, worse than even Belphemon X and Examon X?
    Definitely. The problem with those two is that they are based on already great designs that they failed to add anything to. In isolation they would look decent, itís only in relationship with their originals that they are failures.
    NoblePumpmon on the other hand basically only retains the pumpkin head and fills the rest of the design withÖ nothing interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I think Gundramon got so much hate due to it's extremely boring and bland.
    Haven't seen anyone mentioning Gundramon here and I don't remember his design getting a negative reception at all. People were pointing out how over-the-top and silly the design is (which although not the highest of praise is still basically the opposite of ďblandĒ), plus there had been some memes about Digimon ďrandomly sticking guns to monstersĒ before on the internet, so some people jumped on that.

Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    I love the way it feels like it was a shelved design from the Nightmare Soldiers vpet and only barely lost to Boltmon
    It really doesnít. Neither the clean fancy suit nor the overall proportions of the design would fit with the sort of grungy comic book style from back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but that Pumpkinmon looks like a Kimeramon... I don't really like it...
    What "Kimeramon"-like part in that Pumpmon/Noble you see at...?
    Presumably the comparison refers to the design elements being so disparate and clashing that they donít result in a consistent look but more like randomly stuck together patchwork of things.
    The difference being that that the bizarre patchwork aesthetic is the whole point of Chimairamon but here itís just inconsistent.

I come from the net
    Really, I was under impression of how everyone reacted to Gundramon's first appearance at the old WTW topic, they either went meh or yup not much impressive...
    I guess I will revisit it.

The rest of design besides Pumpkin head are nothing interesting? How about Arsene of Persona? If given... X form.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but that Pumpkinmon looks like a Kimeramon... I don't really like it...
    Presumably the comparison refers to the design elements being so disparate and clashing that they donít result in a consistent look but more like randomly stuck together patchwork of things.
    The difference being that that the bizarre patchwork aesthetic is the whole point of Chimairamon but here itís just inconsistent.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. Some wings, a hat, a pumpkin head, a scepter with an ass and a pipe that's held by his third and last hand... and everything looks as if they were just randomly glued together.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Where is this third hand and pipe at? For whatever it's worth, I like the design.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Where is this third hand and pipe at? For whatever it's worth, I like the design.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I'm a Maniac
    That ďthird handĒ looks like a ruff that itís wing capes attach to.

Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    That ďthird handĒ looks like a ruff that itís wing capes attach to.
    But wouldn't that mean that he has 2 hands on his left side and none on his right side of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. Some wings, a hat, a pumpkin head, a scepter with an ass and a pipe that's held by his third and last hand... and everything looks as if they were just randomly glued together.
    I don't see the inconsistencies you guys are seeing, to me the design makes perfect sense, it's no where like kimeramom or all those dull shoutmon forms, which all look incredibly stupid.

To me the form is basically like that of rosemon or lotusmon.

I come from the net
    Ah I see. Well Chimairamon is enough unique because the head part didn't belong to a certain digimon unlike all those Chimera parts which it stands out and managed to be enough menace even with all Chimera parts glued together lazily.

NoblePumpkinmon's design is pretty much weak but it's probably just 3D model's fault?. I better wait for his official art if it may leave the strong impression.
    The appearance of the noble gentleman killed "Digimon"-ish design of NoblePumpkinmon because that design is so simpler and much less monster.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast