With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DORUmon's gem interface

I come from the net

DORUmon's gem interface

Twitter released the huge image of DORUmon and Ryudamon.

I noticed that interface written saying

"V" "X" "I"

Hidden meanings?

I am guessing V - Vaccine evolution, X - Death X evolution and I is Data evolution lines?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    If they stand for something, X would probably mean "X Evolution".

I don't think think they are letters in the first place. They are just indents in the metal, maybe cracks or marks from its construction, that you choose too interpret as letters. The X at the top is the only one that's really letter like, the other two really aren't: Point being, if it wasn't for that X you wouldn't jump the gun and have declared the other ones letters in the first place. Not how Ryudamon also has random indents on his interface that don't spell out anything or how in X-evolution there
    The X could very well be an out-of-universe reference to him being an X-antibody carrier but in-universe I doubt it means anything.

I come from the net
    Yeah I jumped to conclusions. Can't helped being excited after X antibody resurrected in this anniversary...

Your post got me thinking. You may be right about the other two. V could be the triangle. I could be l or I maybe assembled parts made the tiny gap look like it's a letter. But still it could be the meaningful marks rather than cracks. I find it weird about that interface's tips at each edge of its corners, it seemed to have odd shapes like... Uhh dome dot thingies. Not sure about Ryudamon's since its helmet is blocking the view. Ryudamon's interface reminds me of R-Type Jets.

I need to note this so next time when Digimon twitter will answer questions for second time.

At most I'd guess it was a design reference to XAI. the v could easily be a simple A

They also could have just thought Roman Numerals were cool looking.

The writing on the Gems of Dorumon and Ryudamon brows are just that. It is nothing more and nothing less. We might get something if they ever get into anime, but at this time, it is too early to tell what they really mean, if they mean anything.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Probably nothing, but it's like one of those many features of Digimon that's often just open to interpretation on how they work. I mean, has the gem interface itself ever had consistent use in all of DORUmon's appearances?
    Although at the same time, some Digimon do have digimoji details on their design that actually mean something if you translate it.

I come from the net
    It gotta be the hidden meanings. I will note this when if Digimon twitter open up another second question/answers in the future.

If they really do mean roman numerals...

Well, only XIV is valid, and that makes 16. But adding V (5) + X (10) + I (1) would make it 16 as well. I don't think 16 really has any meaning. Although if you do rotate the gem around, it does spell out XAI.
    Maybe it's X-Antibody initially, but DORUmon often makes appearances with no mentions of that for being part of a different continuity.

Also this. It's not DORUmon, but pretty much how the gem works?

Last edited by Cenrji; 10-12-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast