With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DORUmon's gem interface

I come from the net
    XAI I see. I guess it's confirmed...? Thanks.

I should probably note, if it's actually XAI. Then it's more of an archaic detail in later depictions, as I said. DORUmon isn't the only one that's like that.
    Probably the best example I can think of: WarGreymon has the Courage Crest on it's back, but that aspect only really makes the most sense in the Adventure series, as it's meant to reflect Taichi's courage. But in games and later on, it's mostly just there as part of the Digimon design as crests seem completely irrelevant there.

...Although, I still can't figure out why Knightmon has the crest of Hope for it's shield, when it's unrelated to Patamon.
    Last edited by Cenrji; 10-12-2019 at 08:08 PM.

I come from the net
    Maybe Knightmon's symbolizing to "Knight in shining armor" to save somebody in trouble when needed...? Well I failed to understand or cannot figure why.

RiseGreymon X got Courage crest. And... SaintGalgomon's weird symbol that look like it's alien angel on its metal loincloth but it could be Cherubimon?

Light crest is sorta pretty popular. Rosemon and Sephirotmon besides Armor.

X-Antibody Indicator aka XAI. Are there any concert arts of Ryudamon? Hoping the helmet can be removed to see "XAI" on that interface or not.
    DORUmon got colorful clones.

The X-Antibody Indicator actually refers to the X-shaped LED display on the Pendulum X itself, not the interface. After all the XAI system works with all the Digimon on the pendulum X not just with the DORUmon and Ryudamon line...

The interface, as pointed pointed out by this card and the original Pendulum X website is used for basically generally accessing and modifying information on the digicore, in a more direct way than modern Digimon can (And I don't think there's anything archaic or continuity specific about that).
    Conceptually this is similar to the V-dramon line's ancient Override ability in V-Tamer being a more powerful but also more destructive ability (to the Digimon using it) if it gets out of control.
    As a technical analogy this would be similar to how in programming a super low level "primitive" language like Assembler and machine code is potentially much faster than a similar program compiled down from a high level language but it would be (among lots of other complications) very inefficient and time consuming to write and messing up single instructions can break things very fast and more seriously.
    Last edited by Theigno; 10-13-2019 at 03:37 AM.

I come from the net
    I see. Sweet information. Accessing/modifying information on the digicore... (Metamormon...?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12