With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Social Media Updates- Social Art, Larger Profile Art, & Wizarmon X Profile

Digimon Social Media Updates- Social Art, Larger Profile Art, & Wizarmon X Profile

A few different updates here from the last few days...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is one of the best pieces of social media art the Bandai Digimon account has put up yet! This features Ophanimon and Lilithmon picking out glasses!

When wearing glasses your appearance changes so easily! Ophanimon & Lilithmon are trying out glasses to see what looks good on each-other. Oh? Lilithmon is laughing at Ophanimon's choice, which [Ophanimon] thought looked cute!

And of course, with the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones!

From that we get a short profile (and higher resolution art) for Wizarmon X!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Witchelny influence of their data became more intense & increased their inner magical power. As a result of traveling around the world & training, they mastered electric shock magic that is powerful enough to cause quantum decomposition.

On top of the art and profile for Wizarmon X, we also got high resolution art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Palmon X, Togemon X, Shakomon X, and Ebemon X! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!

Update- Tweaked translations above thanks to onkei!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    that Ophanimon & Lilithmon art really looks funny and amazing!! Bandai Digimon should do this more often

I have to say I'm not sure how I feel about that Wizarmon X profile yet.

As I thought, his thunder magic has evolved and they did apparently put some thought into what electricity and electromagnetism is at its core but then ended up dropping the ball.
    The main point I believe is based on the fact that on the scale of elemental particles electromagnetism is one of the basic forces of interaction, regardless of the overall material being charged or magnetized as a whole, making each and every macroscopic physical interaction an electromagnetic interaction to some extend. From that it follows that if a magnetic field can be manipulated strongly and precisely enough to effectively influence the charge of the elementary particles themselves any sort of matter could be affected and, sure, decomposited among other things. And while most things relating to elementary particles will involve quantum effects in current models, I don't believe the term "Quantum Decompisotion" to be poorly chosen, especially since it's more of a mathematical method than a physical process in itself, and I believe it always pays to be skeptical when fiction tries to bring up quantum-whatever because most of the time, they are just trying to sound fancy without necessarily describing anything actually involving quantum mechanics.
    Which I believe is exactly what is happening here. A short aside about the role of electromagnetism on a microscopic scale would have been much clearer than "quantum decomposition" which brings with it much more annoying baggage.

But annoyances aside this profile is nonetheless interesting since this newly revealed information basically tells us that the digital world emulates its physical phenomena on the quantum level, which I don't think was clarified previously.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Ophanimon and Lilithmon look so adorable! They should do this more often.

I come from the net
    I agree. This is a great picture. We almost never see her without her helmet. Plus it's just really, really cute.

Tweaked translations slightly.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Lilithmon, don't tease your wife because she got her taste in glasses from Sir Elton John.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    One day Seraphimon's face will be revealed. FOR SURE.

I hope I wasn't the only one who almost mistook the Ophanimon and Lilithmon drawing as fanart... It's undeniably cute, though.