With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Story Crowdfunding Over! Angemon GEM Preview & Kenji Watanabe Message

Memorial Story Crowdfunding Over! Angemon GEM Preview & Kenji Watanabe Message

A few things to go over...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Memorial Story crowdfunding ending shortly, they put up a few previews in the last day or so that we thought we'd share! (Only about 5 hours to go!)

First up (at the top) is an early CGI render of the Angemon GEM Figure. We saw art of it when they first detailed the crowdfunding rewards, but this is a better look at what the figure will end up looking like.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The figure is based on artwork by Adventure (and Kizuna, among others) character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru.

The figure will only be released through the Memorial Story project in Japan, but Bandai announced at the same time that there were plans to sell the figure outside of Japan.

We also have
    a message from Kenji Watanabe!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Congratulations on Digimon Adventure's 20th anniversary!!

I never expected there to be a time when I would be working on character creation with the fans through crowdfunding!! What's even more, it went out of stock at almost the same time the crowdfunding opened. I don't know whether to be feeling happiness or embarrassment, but in all honesty, all I have is gratitude!!

For everyone who's applied, let's make a wonderful original Digimon together~

I also did unique character designs for the original story involving Pump and Gotsu. I fooled around quite a lot...

At first, I fooled around so much that I received a lot of 'these aren't good' (^^;;

However, it's interesting that this project has also taken the direction of the new movie's director and screenplay writer being involved in the mini-stories. Please see them! In fact, I want to see them soon!!

In the crowdfunding, there is also the Angemon figure that's made from the original design of another character designer, Mr. Nakatsuru. His Angemon, which holds a very different atmosphere from my art, is really cool. I also look forward to seeing Angemon in the movie.

The deadline is almost here. Please continue to support it!!
    -Kenji Watanabe

The figure looks dynamic and interesting, and the message from Kenji Watanabe suggests some 'unique' designs for Pump and Gotsu in the 5th and final short...

With a few hours left there are 3,299 people who have signed up for the Memorial Story Project, with it being past 330% of the goal (a the time of this post.)

Thanks to onkei for the translation of the Kenji Watanabe message.

Update- At this point it's over.

It ended at 383% of the goal with 38,343,588 yen ($357,784.02 at the current conversion rate.)

3,846 people contributed. The most popular levels were the 5,000 yen Blu-ray level and the 10,000 yen level that got you the storyboard content. Ignoring the highly limited levels, the level that the least number of people contributed to was the 3,000 yen base level which didn't include a Blu-ray and only had 15 people.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Hand Of Fate not included.

That's a pretty dynamic pose for Angemon. Unexpected, but cool.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Dunno why but that cool action pose fits better with the personality of Frontier's Angemon (or even Xros Wars') than Adventure's which looks more solemne and stiff to me.

I also did unique character designs for the original story involving Pump and Gotsu. I fooled around quite a lot...
    So that must be why Gabumon and Vmon are wearing cute clothes in the preview image we saw. Kenji draws a lot of Digimon in fashionable/cute clothes on Twitter.

I come from the net
    Already done with designing their original fanmades outside of this Digimon? Inform me if there is a gallery to see all at once.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Dunno why but that cool action pose fits better with the personality of Frontier's Angemon (or even Xros Wars') than Adventure's which looks more solemne and stiff to me.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind! Specifically when Angemon flew upwards towards Dynasmon (to fulfill his obligatory Leomon style death).

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It'd be pretty cool if they had this "original Digimon" cameo in either Kizuna or one of the shorts. Like, is shown in the background of a fight scene or in the crowd with a bunch of other Digimon.

Added some stats since it finished.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

So if we wait we can probably order internationally for the figure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast