With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner of ReArise Poll is Veemon! Will be given to all players!

I wish I wasn't dissapointed. I like Veemon but having the same winner again is vastly less interesting than any other option

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalperson View Post
    I am convinced that the result was predetermined and the was no intention to give us anything but veemon
    I mean, the poll was done via public posts on Facebook, you can always go count them.
    Tbf he could've won the poll legitimately even if they didn't count them.

Also you'd have to count the ones from Korean and Chinese social media too

I do agree with that guy though

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    To the surprise of absolutely no one!

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I am convinced that the result was predetermined and the was no intention to give us anything but veemon
    I mean, the poll was done via public posts on Facebook, you can always go count them.

Wait, why is the fact that the partner Digimon of the main protagonist of one of the most well known Digimon seasons turned out to be more popular than a bunch of other Digimon (that were either partners of non-main characters, partners from lesser known seasons or not partners at all) suddenly triggering everyone's conspiracy alarms?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

Wait, why is the fact that the partner Digimon of the main protagonist of one of the most well known Digimon seasons turned out to be more popular than a bunch of other Digimon (that were either partners of non-main characters, partners from lesser known seasons or not partners at all) suddenly triggering everyone's conspiracy alarms?
    Lack of transparency (# of votes, how/where votes counts were obtained), how it's easier to use a premade reward, general bamco app scrumminess( changing pre-reg requirements when it was too low/reached too fast). There's probably more reasons.

I come from the net
    Eh. Oh well. I thought he might win. I hope this isn't as gatcha as other gatcha games. Like Mario Kart.

Lack of transparency (# of votes, how/where votes counts were obtained), how it's easier to use a premade reward, general bamco app scrumminess( changing pre-reg requirements when it was too low/reached too fast). There's probably more reasons.
    We know exactly where the votes are, and people could go count them themselves if they wanted. You can go track them down right now and count them yourself and tell us if the winner wasn't Veemon.

And as for 'premade reward', you know they're all already made right?

The poll went up and literally the reaction from almost everyone was 'Veemon's likely to win'. That he won is the least surprising thing.

Of course, if someone wants to go and count, we'll all be willing to listen if they find the numbers are off.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    We know exactly where the votes are, and people could go count them themselves if they wanted. You can go track them down right now and count them yourself and tell us if the winner wasn't Veemon.

And as for 'premade reward', you know they're all already made right?

The poll went up and literally the reaction from almost everyone was 'Veemon's likely to win'. That he won is the least surprising thing.

Of course, if someone wants to go and count, we'll all be willing to listen if they find the numbers are off.
    1. No we don't where the vote come from because we don't know what method was used. Did someone individually go through each of the 2.9k comments on the English Facebook,and however many on Chinese Facebook and Naver? Or did a program just search for keywords and tally? In case of machine tally, what happens when there are multiple mentions in a comment. What if I mentioned 3 Digimon, are each counted? What if I mention the same thing 3 times? Is that 3votes? Does each person only get 1 vote? Or if each new comment a new vote.

I randomly counted the first 25 I came across as a quick sample and renamon seems more popular in fact

As for "premade", are you saying there is a line available already for each rookie listed that go up to ultimate as is the case of Veemon? Because if not then they'd have to make it if the Digimon in question won rather than just using the already made aeroveedramon line that was given out in jp.

Unsurprising win or not, Vmon is still pretty cool.

I mean, lets honestly look at the situation with Veemon:
    A) He's the main partner of the main protagonist from the second most popular season in the franchise, and said season was hugely popular when the franchise was at its prime and thus be influential to fans from that period.
    B) He's always been a prevalently used Digimon across the franchise's media, appearing multiple times in things like the games and TCG. Additionally, some of them feature him prominently such as Re: Digitize Decode which had Rina use one, who also went on to have appearances in Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, and Next 0rder.
    C) He's connected to two very popular lines in the Digimon franchise: the Exveemon line and Veedramon line, along with the three Armored Evolutions with one being Magnamon. For fans of those lines having Veemon would give them access to at least one.

All in all, he has major reasons to believe that he would stand above the rest. He's popular, prominent, well-liked, and connected to other major and popular figures in the franchise. Even as someone who would've preferred other options like Gomamon or Gaomon, it's not unbelievable that a Digimon like that would win again in an international poll, especially one where there are going to be fans who may not have followed the series past its prime.
    Last edited by Bartz; 10-05-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast